PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre

WMR
12-05-2005, 05:40 AM
I love what the guy has done for Green Bay and the NFL as a whole, but watching him against the Bears today was painful. It reminded me in some ways of Steve Young's final game against AZ.

He needs to hang 'em up. For himself, his family, and his health, more than anything else.

Unassisted
12-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Having lived for 10 years in Wisconsin and having heard more Favre speculation and soundbites while I was there than anyone who's not a Packer fan should have to endure, I think there is a strong likelihood that Favre will want to "go out on top" and not retire after this season of underperformance. I agree with you that his numbers and performance justify hanging 'em up.

If I were a bettor, I'd bet more money against Packers coach Mike Sherman's return than Favre's. I have a feeling the time may be ripe for Mike Holmgren to return to the frozen tundra.

WVRed
12-05-2005, 09:11 AM
If I were a bettor, I'd bet more money against Packers coach Mike Sherman's return than Favre's.

Or to the dismay of many, Favre could get Kosared.

Heath
12-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Or to the dismay of many, Favre could get Kosared.

Then gets picked up by a Pittsburgh at low cost as insurance for Big Ben's many hand issues - then carries the Steelers to the Super Bowl.

Think about it - would a HEALTHY Brett Favre made a difference against the Bengals on Sunday? I think so...

kbrake
12-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Brett Favre sucks, this isnt 1995 and Favre has sucked for a long time now. For as long as I can remember he has tried to be the last of a dying breed. Favre is the last "gunslinger QB" in the NFL. The way the league is now it is set-up for the Mannings and Bradys of the world to succeed. No one forces a ball into a spot it shouldnt be thrown more then Brett Favre, if he was smart at all he would hang it up now.

RedFanAlways1966
12-05-2005, 12:19 PM
All QBs are helped immensely by a decent running game. I think Green Bay is on about their 6th running back this season (due to injuries).

Most QBs are only as good as the O-line in front of them. Not sure if you can compare this year's O-line to the O-line GB had during it's run with Favre at QB.

Great QBs do not win championships as much as great teams (ask Baltimore or Tampa Bay). I am not a Favre supporter, but I do not put all of the blame on him this year.

traderumor
12-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Favre looks like a QB playing on a 2-10 team. Doesn't mean he isn't one of the best ever, he just has no supporting cast this year. But the Packers need to move on.