PDA

View Full Version : WR - Who to start?

Cyclone792
12-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I have five WR and three slots to fill ... if I win this week's matchup, I reach the playoffs ... if I lose, I'm likely out of the playoffs so this is very important!

Deion Branch - New England @ Buffalo
Bobby Engram - Seattle vs. San Francisco
Jerry Porter - Oakland @ New York Jets
Rod Smith - Denver vs. Baltimore
Kevin Curtis - St. Louis @ Minnesota

Since Isaac Bruce returned, I'm not sure how much playing time Kevin Curtis has been getting so he's been on the bench for the past few weeks. Really, I think it all comes down to picking three of Branch/Engram/Porter/Smith to start.

Any advice?

Patrick Bateman
12-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I would go with Branch and Porter. Porter looks good with Moss stinking it up and I really don't like the other option. Branch is solid and doesn't have a bad match-up so I would pick him. And ya, go with Curtis.

NJReds
12-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I'd go with Smith, Branch and Engram.

Not sure what Porter will do with a new QB in windy Giants Stadium. The Raiders may be content to pound the ball with Jordan and Crockett.

kheidg-
12-09-2005, 11:30 PM
This order
1. Engram
2. Smith
3. Branch
4. Porter
5. Curtis

Cyclone792
12-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Thanks guys ... my gut feeling is agreeing with both NJReds and kheidg. Unless something unforeseen such as a new injury occurs this week, I'm planning on starting Engram, Smith and Branch.

mole44
12-10-2005, 03:13 AM
Bench em, your team sucks anyways

Cyclone792
12-10-2005, 05:40 AM
Bench em, your team sucks anyways

I just need Brian's team to suck for a week :beerme:

Patrick Bateman
12-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Here is how they ended up doing:

1. Bobby Engram
2. Jerry Porter
3. Deion Branch
4. Rod Smith
5. Kevin Curtis

Cyclone792
12-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Engram's two scores came up huge for me. WR are my team's weak link so if I can even get one TD out of them I'm not in bad shape. If I can get two TDs, I'm in pretty good shape. I benched Porter and he wasn't doing much for most of the game, but had a late TD ... possibly just getting some garbage time in.

Based off my rough scoring estimate, I should have about 22.5 points out of Engram/Branch/Smith, and I'll take that since my money guys are at other positions.