PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles Of Narnia

dman
12-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm not real good at giving reviews of movies, I always seem to give away the story here. All I can say is that it was the best 2 hours and 15 minutes of movie I think I've sat through in a while. The characters hit their roles on the money and the movie was true to form with the book. I was worried that with Walt Disney doing the film, they would feel the need to stray away from the message that C.S. Lewis was intending to convey with the book. Excellent movie though. Well worth the money spent IMHO.

Caveat Emperor
12-10-2005, 12:37 AM
It's really cool to see that they're making a Chronicles of Narnia movie. I really loved that first book when I was growing up and always imagined what a cool movie it would make -- they just really didn't have the technology to do it right when I was a kid.

Now, all my childhood needs to be complete is for someone to go back and do a movie based on the Redwall books...

GAC
12-10-2005, 09:17 AM
The movie is getting excellent reviews. I bought the books for my dauighter for Christmas. We'll probably go see the movie during Christmas break.

Gotta go see Jackson's Kong too. Heard it was a knock-out movie. The previews looked good.

Redsfaithful
12-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I enjoyed it alot, very much worth seeing. If anything I think the Christian elements of the book are especially highlighted in the movie, not ignored at all. But it could just be that I'm seeing it as an adult as opposed to reading the books as a child.

Easily one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Falls City Beer
12-10-2005, 10:15 AM
I have to stretch my limited reserve of tolerance to endure science fiction, but fantasy? Crap, it makes my head spin. Question, though: can a Hobbit make it with a human?

ochre
12-10-2005, 10:37 AM
I have to stretch my limited reserve of tolerance to endure science fiction, but fantasy? Crap, it makes my head spin. Question, though: can a Hobbit make it with a human?
I believe they have all the requisite parts.

WMR
12-10-2005, 12:09 PM
It's really cool to see that they're making a Chronicles of Narnia movie. I really loved that first book when I was growing up and always imagined what a cool movie it would make -- they just really didn't have the technology to do it right when I was a kid.

Now, all my childhood needs to be complete is for someone to go back and do a movie based on the Redwall books...

Awwwww, CE, you were a Redwall fan!!! AWWW, me too! I outgrew the series (probably replaced by Wheel of Time), but they definitely maintain a spot in my heart for what they meant to me as a kid. :)

Such a great series with vivid, loveable characters; and the best food descriptions I've ever encountered, bar none!

Raisor
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
67-million opening weekend.

I saw it Saturday night. Tremendous film.

redsfanfalcon
12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
I do not like science fiction movies either, and especially fantasy. But the movie was outstanding. So many parallels between the movie/book and the Bible. If you try to pick out things from the Bible and movie, you will be able to not only endure this, but actually enjoy it. It is a movie I would even like to see over again.