PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to letsgojunior and WilyMoROCKS!

Caveat Emperor
12-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Send these guys some love, they just survived their first law school exams on this past Friday.

:clap:

Redsland
12-10-2005, 04:13 PM
The party of the first part congratulates the party of the second part.

:beerme:

letsgojunior
12-10-2005, 04:20 PM
There's nothing quite like taking a 3.5 hour law school exam, typing until literally the last second, spotting like 37,000 issues to discuss, realizing halfway through the essay that "OH MY GOD - THIS MIGHT BE A SALE OF GOODS!", copying and pasting like a madwoman, reorganizing and starting to cry, then of course handing it in and realizing like 55,000 possible arguments that could have been made.

And then afterwards, while driving home and minding your own business, proceeding to hit a patch of ice, spin out of control and cross into oncoming traffic, hit an oncoming car, and proceed to completely destroy (and now apparently, total) your car.

The life of a first year law student.:(

WMR
12-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Awww, thx a bunch CE & RL. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, LGJ! As if you need one more thing to worry about this time of year!

KronoRed
12-10-2005, 05:26 PM
The party of the first part congratulates the party of the second part.

:beerme:
Joke thief..I'm sueing!

;)

Congrats WMR and LGJ :)

Redsland
12-10-2005, 05:33 PM
K:

Don't feel bad. The Reds Report was going to have a hilarious line about Pokey blocking Griff's use of #3, ala Tony Perez. Alas, ORH stole my idea the day before I thought of it. :nono:

:)

cincinnati chili
12-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I forgot to warn you both that mid-term contract exams are notorious for having a sale-of-goods ucc v. non-ucc trick in them. A lot of professors set it up so that it can be argued either way, and want you to focus on the other issues.

letsgojunior
12-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I spent about 10 pages on other issues - lol.

GAC
12-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Congrats to both of you. What areas of law are you guys going into?

WMR
12-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Congrats to both of you. What areas of law are you guys going into?

I'd like to do something in intellectual property law / Corporate law. Case offers a Law & Technology concentration that I'll probably go for.

This is an area of law that is experiencing good growth right now, and I think it'd be really interesting work.

Anyway, your schedule is pretty much completely chosen for you with the exception being that 2nd semester you can pick one of seven or so "overview" courses which gives you an idea of just what that area of law is all about. I'm taking the I.P. Survey class next semester, so after that class I'll probably have a much better idea if that is indeed the area of law that I want to pursue (plus work this summer).

jmcclain19
12-11-2005, 03:46 PM
seriously - congrats to both of you for making it thru the meat grinder.

It's all easy from here right? heh....

cincinnati chili
12-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm taking the I.P. Survey class next semester.

I'm taking it right now, and have my final exam on Dec. 20th.

If you like, pls. remind me over X-mas and I'll email you my outline. Same goes for LGJ...

However, you might want to find out how I do on my final before asking for that outline.

Betterread
12-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Congratulations are definitely deserved. Getting through these exams, as well as the ones at the end of the first year, should provide you with the experience and confidence to get you well on your way to graduation, admission to the bar and your careers as legal counsel. It's a great vocation, but extremely demanding in intellectual, ethical and political contexts so the work only increases. So, I hope you like the legal profession, because you're on your way down that road.

Blimpie
12-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Q. "What do you call two RedsZone posters at the bottom of the ocean?"

Won't bother with the punchline...I'm sure you two have heard it ad nauseum. Congrats, in all seriousness!

Yachtzee
12-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Congratulations WilyMoRocks and letsgojunior!

I try to go at law school exams with the mentality of a cornerback. Focus on the task at hand and do your best. Once it's over, don't think about whether you got burned. Forget about it and move on to the next one.

cincinnati chili
12-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Congratulations WilyMoRocks and letsgojunior!

I try to go at law school exams with the mentality of a cornerback. Focus on the task at hand and do your best. Once it's over, don't think about whether you got burned. Forget about it and move on to the next one.

I try to go at law school exams with the mentality of Robert Blake. Find the person in the class who's going to get a better grade than you, then push her into traffic when the exam's over.