PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Customers?

Johnny Footstool
12-13-2005, 04:29 PM
It's time for my wife and I to get new phones. We're pretty much stuck with Verizon for some reason -- my wife doesn't want to switch. I hate the Get It Now! garbage, but we've got a "new every 2" plan that gives us new phones every two years.

I've read reviews on several Verizon phones, and I've narrowed it down to the Motorola E815 and the Samsung SCHa950.

Any opinions/reviews/suggestions from the venerable RedsZone crew?

ochre
12-13-2005, 04:43 PM
It's time for my wife and I to get new phones. We're pretty much stuck with Verizon for some reason -- my wife doesn't want to switch. I hate the Get It Now! garbage, but we've got a "new every 2" plan that gives us new phones every two years.

I've read reviews on several Verizon phones, and I've narrowed it down to the Motorola E815 and the Samsung SCHa950.

Any opinions/reviews/suggestions from the venerable RedsZone crew?
I have an E815. Its pretty smooth. Seem edits for it. DUN enabled. Engineering menu access. et cetera. It supports an expansion flash module too, but I haven't gotten one for mine yet (like 256, or 512 MB for more photos/MP3s, or whatever).

I think I saw that the RAZR is going to be available through Verizon soon too, so you might want to check that out as well.

GIK
12-13-2005, 04:45 PM
I have a LG model, about a year old but can't complain. I like the interface a lot. The only thing that I don't have (and wish I did) was speakerphone. I just picked up a Kyocera for my fiance, though, and she's had no problems thus far. Both phones do NOT have cameras, which our jobs require.

Johnny Footstool
12-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I think I saw that the RAZR is going to be available through Verizon soon too, so you might want to check that out as well.

It's available, but I wasn't impressed with the features. Little internal memory, no expansion card slot, and it doesn't support standard headphone jacks. All style, no substance.

ochre
12-13-2005, 05:35 PM
It's available, but I wasn't impressed with the features. Little internal memory, no expansion card slot, and it doesn't support standard headphone jacks. All style, no substance.
That's cool. I've used Verizon for a while, so I haven't even looked at the RAZR since it was a Cingular exclusive.

I like the 815 pretty well. Good battery life and generally good performance for me.

TeamBoone
12-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I like Verizon. I've never had any problems with reception or dropped calls, no matter where I might be.

LoganBuck
12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
www.phonescoop.com

Tommyjohn25
12-13-2005, 10:41 PM
IMO you can't go wrong with any newer LG model.

Roy Tucker
12-14-2005, 07:54 AM
I've got the E815 for my business cell. It's a nice phone with good features. I didn't think I needed the camera but I'm finding I'm using it for some creative work things. I haven't used the VCAST feature yet, but I'll probably play with it in the future. Excellent battery life. I like it.

One goofy thing I like about it is its heft. Phones I've had before were almost too light and I didn't notice when they fell off my clip. This one, while not heavy, has just enough mass to make it's presence known.

Verizon has had exellent service for me and ultimately, that's what matters. But I hate their stores. A sullen bunch and I always seem to come out of a store visit a little angry at them.

Our home cells are with Sprint because their service seems equivalent, but they were a lot nicer to my wife and kids when we went through the family cell phone plan ordeal.