savafan
12-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Roethlisberger vs. Minnesota
Garrard vs. San Francisco
or McNair vs. Seattle

Who would you go with this week?

NJReds
12-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Probably Garrard due to the fact that he's playing SF.

ickey333
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
I would go with Garrard. He's been pretty solid in his two starts, including a nice fantasy performace against a tough Indy D last week. He should be able to have a really nice day against a weak SF defense. Good luck.

Dom Heffner
12-15-2005, 12:24 PM
I'd play Roethlisberger.

Buckeye33
12-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Garrard vs the worst defense in the NFL.

kheidg-
12-16-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not too keen on Garrard.

I'd go with
McNair
Ben
Garrard

But Garrard very well could light up SF's D.

Johnny Footstool
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Garrard.

NJReds
12-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Okay, championship game...

I had Collins, but he got benched
I had Warner, but he got hurt...

So here's what I'm looking at this week:
Boller v. Minnesota
Martin v. San Francisco (if he starts...)
McCown v. Philly

I'm leaning toward Martin if he starts, it'd be nice if the Rams would make a decision. Boller would be okay, except that I'm starting Jamal Lewis and Mark Clayton and I loathe starting three Ravens.

Ugh...doesn't help me either that three of my RBs are out or game-time decisions (W. Dunn, L. Jordan, D. Davis).

Buckeye33
12-22-2005, 05:36 PM

Boller v. Minnesota
McCown v. Philly

I'm leaning toward Martin if he starts, it'd be nice if the Rams would make a decision. Boller would be okay, except that I'm starting Jamal Lewis and Mark Clayton and I loathe starting three Ravens.

Ugh...doesn't help me either that three of my RBs are out or game-time decisions (W. Dunn, L. Jordan, D. Davis).

I think Boller isn't an option because he played Monday night against a defeated team in GB. They simply quit.

Collins is now back as the starting QB in Oakland, and he should have to pass the ball 40+ times this weekend since Jordan is very doubtful to play. I like him over McCown. McCown isn't a horrible option however, since he as well will have to throw 40+ times and he'll have Boldin and Fitz t get the ball to.

St. Louis won't name a starter until gametime, but Martin is getting all the snaps with the 1's this week.

My ranking would go:

#1 - Collins
#1a - McCown
#2 - Martin
#3 - Boller

Boss-Hog
12-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Here are my semifinal dilemmas:

QB: Trent Green vs. San Diego OR Mark Brunell vs. the Giants

WR (start three): Santana Moss vs. the Giants, Jerry Porter @ Denver, Chris Chambers vs. Tennessee, Rod Smith vs. Oakland

I also have one RB/WR slot, so I will likely start all four WR's unless someone can convince me that Mewelde Moore (@ Baltimore) or Kevin Jones (questionable; @ the Saints) is a better option than my fourth receiver at that spot.

Dallas D @ Carolina OR Philadelphia D @ Arizona

Thanks for the help.

Boss

CrackerJack
12-23-2005, 09:57 AM

Boller v. Minnesota
McCown v. Philly

Take a bit of a chance and go with McCown - has two great WR's to throw to and is experienced, and has put big #'s in games previously - game is in Arizona and weather isn't a factor, Eagles are just playing out the string.

CrackerJack
12-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Here are my semifinal dilemmas:

QB: Trent Green vs. San Diego OR Mark Brunell vs. the Giants

WR (start three): Santana Moss vs. the Giants, Jerry Porter @ Denver, Chris Chambers vs. Tennessee, Rod Smith vs. Oakland

I also have one RB/WR slot, so I will likely start all four WR's unless someone can convince me that Mewelde Moore (@ Baltimore) or Kevin Jones (questionable; @ the Saints) is a better option than my fourth receiver at that spot.

Dallas D @ Carolina OR Philadelphia D @ Arizona

Thanks for the help.

Boss

Go with Green at QB - he's hot right now - Brunell is solid this year but against the Giants DEF, I'd go with the more likely production from Green.

Can't go wrong with any of those 4 WR's this weekend - I'd probably go with Moss, Porter and Chambers.

Go with Philly's D against McCown (although he could put up some passing yards) and start that 4th WR, since your RB's are terrible! :)

Boss-Hog
12-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Go with Green at QB - he's hot right now - Brunell is solid this year but against the Giants DEF, I'd go with the more likely production from Green.

Can't go wrong with any of those 4 WR's this weekend - I'd probably go with Moss, Porter and Chambers.

Go with Philly's D against McCown (although he could put up some passing yards) and start that 4th WR, since your RB's are terrible! :)
Thanks for the advice. Just for clarification, those are my backup RB's - my starters are Larry Johnson and Rudi.

NJReds
12-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Take a bit of a chance and go with McCown - has two great WR's to throw to and is experienced, and has put big #'s in games previously - game is in Arizona and weather isn't a factor, Eagles are just playing out the string.

You were right...I went with Martin, but McCown outperformed.

Right now we're tied. I have Clayton (Bal-WR) and New England's D. He's got Cedric Houston (NYJ - RB) and J. Vilma (NYJ - D).