PDA

View Full Version : The Chappelle Theory

Johnny Footstool
12-21-2005, 01:51 AM
I know there are some fans of The Chappelle Show on RedsZone, so I wanted to share this web site, which claims to know the real story behind why his show was cancelled.

www.chappelletheory.com

IMO, it seems ridiculous, but at least it's an interesting read.

Ravenlord
12-21-2005, 04:43 AM
given my experiences with leaders (legitamate and otherwise) in the African-American community, this doesn't seemed that far fetched.

jmcclain19
12-21-2005, 04:57 AM
hmmm...seems to 'black helicopters blew up our levees' type of crazy for me to really believe.

KronoRed
12-21-2005, 05:30 AM
This would make a good book.

cinredsfan2000
12-21-2005, 08:24 AM
I coudld've sworn i saw a commercial on comedy central the other day advertising the upcoming 3rd season.:D

WMR
12-21-2005, 09:08 AM
They taped 4 episodes from the uncompleted season 3 which will still air.

zombie-a-go-go
12-21-2005, 10:43 AM
OMG!!! Watch out teh drk crusadrs r gona get u 2!!!1!1!!!

StillFunkyB
12-21-2005, 10:57 AM
somehow it feels like this is all just one big scam/joke....stay tuned, i think

Johnny Footstool
12-21-2005, 11:09 AM
There are holes in that story large enough to drive P-Diddy's Hummer through, but it is an entertaining read.

Steve4192
12-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Dave is the the 'man behind the curtain' of that website.

The whole 'Dark Crusaders' bit just reeks of Chappelle's sense of humor. IMO, the 'Chapelle Theory' site is a hoax created by Dave himself to:

(1) promote DVD sales
(2) poke fun at himself & his 'breakdown'
(3) poke fun at some of his critics in the African-American community
(4) amuse himself by whipping internet conspiracy nuts into a frenzy

Steve4192
12-21-2005, 11:39 AM
BTW, the biggest hole in the 'theory' is the proposition that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Bill Cosby, Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg, and Robert Johnson could all get together in one place without a horde of paparazzi trailing in their wake. Sorry, but a meeting of the 'Dark Crusaders' would be lit up like a Christmas tree.

Hap
12-21-2005, 11:45 AM
I hope I don't get any negative rep points for what I am about to say. I hope that people don't read between the lines and fabricate what they think I might mean by what I am about to say. Feel free to disagree and/or expand, but please do not label me as a racist (I am very, very white)

Some radicals (whiteys) in the U.S. Government created and stirred up racial tensions in all parts of the country during the Reconstruction period (1865-1877) after the Civil War. They empowered the freedmen in the South against their former captors and gave them free reign to terrorize, rape, steal, beat, or whatever else they wanted. This, in turn gave birth to the Ku Klux Klan, who believed they had to act radically in order to reclaim the dignity that was rightfully theirs. The government then backed away as these tensions brewed and simmered and sometimes exploded and lingered for years. About a hundred years after the pot was stirred up, the Civil Rights Movement came about and the tensions were addressed and eased but in no way resolved.

What came about was a group of radical blacks with money and power who use any means necessary to make their cause known. In a nutshell, their cause is to frighten, shock, terrorize, and disturb the current powers that be. So to speak, they fight fire with fire. They spread their own racist hatred to combat the racist hatred that already exists. Some of the people in this group probably use their powers to do some good things like try to keep children in school and out of crime. But, some (not all) are extreme radicals and think nothing of repeating onto others the injustices their people have suffered.

Blacks with money and fame and power (athletes, entrepeneurs, entertainers, etc.) are under enormous pressure to give to "the cause". Part of "the cause" is to use the media to project positive images of blacks and expunge the years and years of negative images created by whites (J. J. on Good Times, Buckwheat, Stymie, and Farina on The Little Rascals, etc.). For example, this is why Dusty Baker's three-year-old son was in the dugout during the 2002 baseball post-season. Millions of people were watching as he was always looking cute at his fathers' side or on his lap and when retrieving the bats. Also, many newer TV shows and movies use and accentuate the "regular black man in a superdad" role to influence positive thoughts. Personally, I think these images are a good thing, provided they have the intended effect. They tell both white and black people that black family bonds can be strong and the family communications and interactions are the same all around (The Cosby Show, Family Matters, or even the now-defunct Tracy Morgan Show).

I am not wise enough to know all the terrorist tactics used by these radicals. I do not know what happens to people who refuse to join their forces. What I do know is James Jordan and Ennis Cosby were both killed (maybe assassinated) under very mysterious circumstances. This may sound like I have seen too many gangster movies, but I think it is possible that these murders were meant to scare Michael Jordan and Bill Cosby into falling in line and helping with the cause. The historical accounts portray both killings as random and impersonal, but we all know that historical accounts of anything can be misleading.

If they wanted to ruin Mr. Chappelle's career, or just bully him into falling in line, they very easily could have done either.

The world is an imperfect and unfair place. Sometimes you have to pay a price to get what you want or where you want and you may not know the full price until you get there and you have no choice but to pay it.

Evil knows no race, color, religion, or creed. It manifests itself into all human forms.

Steve4192
12-21-2005, 11:49 AM
In regards to the above post, no hard feelings, but ...

(4) amuse himself by whipping internet conspiracy nuts into a frenzy

Rojo
12-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Some radicals (whiteys) in the U.S. Government created and stirred up racial tensions in all parts of the country during the Reconstruction period (1865-1877) after the Civil War. They empowered the freedmen in the South against their former captors and gave them free reign to terrorize, rape, steal, beat, or whatever else they wanted. This, in turn gave birth to the Ku Klux Klan, who believed they had to act radically in order to reclaim the dignity that was rightfully theirs.

D.W. Griffith lives!

Chip R
12-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Who wrote this, Rusty Shackleford? ;)

Puffy
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/825505/cs_samjackson2.jpg

BoydsOfSummer
12-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Just cuz Dave is paranoid doesn't mean RFS isn't part of the Dark Crusaders.

Unassisted
12-21-2005, 05:49 PM
<Deleted> to protect the gullible. ;)

ghettochild
12-21-2005, 07:44 PM
We'd like to thank the bulk of you for not thinking, it makes the satire and parody that much easier. We've been pretty proud of the results so far.

The lawyers have asked that the following disclaimer be placed on this site. It seems that whether they're organized or not, there's some fear that 'they' may look this way.

Absolutely none of the information on this site has been verified to be true and, if you haven't been able to tell, it isn't affiliated with any of the people or companies mentioned on this site. We, however, do truly love Bill Cosby, but, again the lawyers request that we tell you that doesn't mean that he had anything to do with this.

Anti-Social.com - making the information super highway unsafe for idiots since 1997. Back with a vengeance, Spring 2006.

http://www.chappelletheory.com/disclaimer.html

ghettochild
12-21-2005, 07:47 PM
i think this could be the works of somethingaweful

Northern Dancer
12-21-2005, 09:18 PM
From the Disclaimer:

Stating the obvious.
We'd like to thank the bulk of you for not thinking, it makes the satire and parody that much easier. We've been pretty proud of the results so far.

'nuff said.

Johnny Footstool
12-22-2005, 01:46 AM
I just figured it was some nutjob trying to use the Chappelle situation to advance his own drug-addled worldview. That would have been even funnier.

Caseyfan21
12-22-2005, 01:49 AM
I just figured it was some nutjob trying to use the Chappelle situation to advance his own drug-addled worldview. That would have been even funnier.

Yes, I agree. After his whole disappearance situation, I would have probably believed anything related to that man. That would have been pretty funny if it had been true though, even funnier than if Dave had done it himself or if a fan had done it.

I got the chance to see Chappelle for free at OSU this past quarter and I have to say the man knows how to make people laugh. He struck me as a guy who is very intelligent and knows what to do despite what he might project as in the media.

Overall, the laughs that site gave me was worth it, very funny and a nice find.

pedro
12-22-2005, 03:33 AM
I just think he realized that once BIG money was involved he was about to sell his soul to a bunch of know nothing, demographic hogging, meeting attending schlocks down in the marketing department and decided that it wasn't going to be a good experience so he bowed out. It's not like he doesn't have other options, although I'm sure his wife wasn't thrilled about him turning down a 50 million $$ contract.

RFS62
12-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Sometimes there's a fine line between genius and insanity, often with comics in particular.

Who knows what really happened? He worked all his life to get to a place he never dreamed possible, and it wasn't what he thought when he got there, maybe.

He's a freakin' genius in my book.

Those sketches were a look inside the mind of a comedic genius that rarely gets played out with such excellent production values.

Maybe he'll rest up for a while and give us another glimpse someday.

Unassisted
12-23-2005, 02:06 PM
After the Chappelle Theory, there was The Cosby Theory (http://cosbytheory.com/index.html).