PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas RedsZone

Jpup
12-24-2005, 07:44 AM
I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. After 1 year of visiting this site, I realize what a great community this is. The members of this site are some of the most knowledgable baseball fans and people, in general, than you will ever find.

I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and let's make 2006 a great year for RedsZone, and each and everyone here. :D :beerme:

Pup

creek14
12-24-2005, 08:09 AM
I guess this is a good place to tell you about our family’s Christmas Miracle.

On Tuesday I received a phone call that my cousin’s husband had had a heart attack at work. Now I know that doesn’t sound like a close relative, but I have a very small family. Four cousin’s total, and they are as close as brothers and sisters. So this was very upsetting news.

Since my cousin’s live about 1.5 hours south of us, in a rural area, we decided to wait an hour and see where they took him for treatment.

An hour later I called another cousin to see what was going on. We had a bad cell phone connection, so all we got was the news that “they had to *bring him back* and they were air evacuating him to Columbus.” Not great news.

So my mom, sister, son and I headed off to Columbus, not knowing what we would find when we got there.

Long story short, he was standing at work and his heart just stopped. He fell to the floor and for all intents and purposes, was dead.

Now comes the miracle part. Several people in his vicinity knew CPR and started it immediately. There was a Dr. in that day visiting the on-site clinic. An EMT crew, with a defibrillator was also at the clinic. So the Dr, the clinic nurse, and the EMT crew responded within a couple minutes. The Dr. was able to resuscitate him with the defibrillator and the EMT transported him to an area where the helicopter could land. By the time the helicopter arrived from Columbus, he was conscious and wondering what had happened.

So after several tests, they determined there was no heart damage, he had an electrical problem, and they inserted a pace-maker yesterday. He should go home tomorrow, Christmas day.

So I hope you all have as wonderful of a Christmas this year as my family already has had.

RFS62
12-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Wow Creek.

That is some story.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all Zoners everywhere.

OldRightHander
12-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Great story there. I'm happy it turned out ok.

Super_Barry11
12-24-2005, 09:52 AM
So glad to hear about your happy ending, Creek!!

Happy holidays to everyone!!! :) :) :)

chicoruiz
12-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Creek, your story reminded me how precious family is and how we should cherish every moment together. A good thing to remember today.

Thanks, and happy holidays to all at RedsZone. May your stockings all have rep points in them.

KronoRed
12-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Creek..I'm glad to hear your cousin is ok. :)

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays all :D

Reds4Life
12-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Merry Christmas, and I hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year!

Spring~Fields
12-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Merry Christmas everyone,

may everything wonderful be yours.

Johnny Footstool
12-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Scary story, Creek. I'm glad everything worked out okay.

Have a merry Christmas! And the same goes for everyone else here, and your loved ones, too.

RBA
12-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Good ending. If your business, office, etc, doesn't have AED's and people who are trained how to use them, you all should make a suggestion to the company, boss, etc to get one or two.

Boss-Hog
12-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

pedro
12-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!

You too Boss. That goes for GIK and everyone else too.

We have a weird little place here that isn't so little anymore. If you'd told me 5 years ago that I would be this invested in a "virtual" community I'd have laughed my head off.

But yet here we are.

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!

http://www.alliednetservices.com/clipart/cbxmas.jpg

Ron Madden
12-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

And Thanks for puttin' up with me.

GAC
12-25-2005, 12:58 AM
Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks for sharing that story creek. It really touched me because my family went through a similar situation with my Dad during the Holiday Season of '97. It's just harder, when it's during the Holiday season, to deal with situations like that.

He had been in the James Cancer Center over in Columbus since after Thanksgiving and his condition continued to worsened as Christmas approached. The doctors said he would never leave the hospital.

We excepted the inevitable, but I remember praying "Please Lord, let my Dad come home for one last Christmas. Having him pass away on Christmas would put a cloud over this holiday from now on for my family. Especially Mom."

Miraculously, my Dad's health picked up about 4 days before Christmas. In fact, he "picked up" so well that it was like he didn't even have cancer. His strength returned, he was eating and up walking around. They let him come home for Christmas, and there was actually an "air" of optimism watching Dad around the house.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Especially for Dad with the grandkids.

He passed away on the 29th of December. But I always thank God for that miracle.

Jpup
12-25-2005, 01:00 AM
I had a wonderful Christmas Eve. This may be the best Christmas ever. I proposed to my girlfriend today and she said yes. We have been together for over 3 1/2 years and she is the "one" for me. I feel like I love her more each day. She is probably the happiest girl in the world right now and that makes me feel very good. To see someone so unconditionaly in love with me is truly amazing. I couldn't ask for anything more from another person. She has been there with me through everything and I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with her.

She really liked the ring as well. I think she called everyone that she knew and told them that I finally took the leap and asked her to marry me. We spent the evening with my family and she couldn't get the grin off of her face. That makes me feel really good. I love making her happy, that makes me happy.

She is a Reds fan too, not as big as me, but she loves going to Great American as much as I do. That is one reason that it really pains me that I can't go anymore until DanO is shown the door. That is a topic for the other board and we have discussed it thouroughly there. My point being, she doesn't care about the front office or how much a guy is making. She's all about going to the ballpark and having a good time with her man. She is in awe everytime I take her to a major sporting event, whether it's the Reds in Cincinnati or the Titans in Nashville, she enjoys it so much.

I could go on and on all day about how she takes care of me and supports me through thick and thin. She may not always agree with my decisions, but she is always there for me to fall back on and I am always there to help her pick up the pieces and make things right.

You know the story (forgive me Mr. Grande), "you had me at hello." We had each other at hello and we both knew it then and know it even more today. I love her and expect us to make an amazing life for each other and hopefully a family together in the future.

Merry Christmas,

Pup

Caveat Emperor
12-25-2005, 02:08 AM
I hope everyone here has a very Merry Christmas (or whatever Holiday you celebrate). It's been a great year on here (1 year ago today being my first on the board) with hopefully many more to come!

Be safe, and enjoy yourselves!

KronoRed
12-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Congratulations Jpup! :)

TeamCasey
12-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Congratulations, JPup! Merry Christmas all!

RollyInRaleigh
12-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone.:)

SandyD
12-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Merry Christmas, everybody. Yeah, I know it's late, but I wasn't around.

creek, glad your cousin's husband is doing better. What a scare.

From the Times-Picayune (cartoon by Steve Kelley). He's had a streak of pretty good ones the last few months.

http://www.nola.com/news/kelley/images/2005/12252005_toon.jpg