PDA

View Full Version : Bands You Once Liked But Are Too Ashamed To Admit It (Until Now)

Dom Heffner
01-02-2006, 03:40 AM
You guys better respond to this or I'm going to be out on this ledge all by myself.

Okay- here are some bands or artists that I have liked but now look back in shame upon myself for having done so:

Survivor (I stood outside in the freezing cold in Dayton [Hara Arena?] and paid $50 in 1985 to see them open for REO Speedwagon. I wore out "Vital Signs," "Eye of the Tiger," and "Caught in the Game.")

REO Speedwagon (It was a great double bill, and "Hi Infidelity" ruled my school)

Journey- I grew up on a farm in eastern Cincy- I didn't know any better.

Styx- See Journey.

Starship- (It was after Kantner and everyone left, so double shame)

Hanson (it's bad enough I'm admitting it, do I have to say why?)

Honorable mention:

You couldn't have found a bigger Phil Collins, Rick Springfield, or Bryan Adams fan than me in the early 1980s. I even liked Lionel Richie for a time, but I think I did because this really cute girl I had a crush on did, too. No excuse?

Darn.

KronoRed
01-02-2006, 03:57 AM
I just lost all respect for you

;)

01-02-2006, 04:24 AM
These guys.

01-02-2006, 04:28 AM
And about 1975 I actually bought this in the 8 track tape format. This is baring my soul.

pedro
01-02-2006, 04:37 AM
I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I used to really liked Jethro Tull. I'm not so sure why any more though.

But I still think "love is like oxygen" by Sweet is the bomb.

What that says. I don't know.

pedro
01-02-2006, 04:41 AM
These guys.

Good Girls Don't (But I do) is still brilliant. I don't care what anyone says.

So, you call her on the phone
To talk about the teachers that you hate.
And she says she's all alone,
And her parents won't be coming home til late.
There's a ringing in your brain,
Cause you could've sworn you though you heard her saying...

pedro
01-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Dom, all those bands had their moments, you just have to appreciate the irony in it. Look at this way, if you went bowling, wouldn't that be a good playlist?

GAC
01-02-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I used to really liked Jethro Tull. I'm not so sure why any more though.

But I still think "love is like oxygen" by Sweet is the bomb.

What that says. I don't know.

Just heard that song for the first time in decades the other day..... "Love is like oxygen. You get too much you get too high. Not enough and you're gonna die"

Hey! I love Jethro Tull, and not ashamed to admit it.

I liked the first 2-3 albums by Styx (espcially Equinox). After that - Blah! The songs "Babe" and "Mr Roboto" make me want to strangle the neighbor's cat.

I tried to follow the crowd and like Journey. Just couldn't hang. ;)

But I don't really know if there are any bands that I listened to back then, that I would define as being ashamed of. I liked alot of the early to mid 60's bands that today would be labelled as "bubblegum" or muzak - Dave Clark 5, Hermans Hermits, Paul Revere, Mammas & the Pappas, Monkees, etc.

But I still enjoy them. Music doesn't always have to have some deep esoteric meaning for me in order to enjoy it.

I even like Peter Frampton (Live album and prior). The record industry did a number on this guy trying to make him the next David Cassidy when he is an exxcellent guitarist.

Closest that I can get.....

http://www.rock-cafe.dp.ua/pascal/img/EltonJohn3.jpg

Though I do like "Don't Shot Me I'm Only The Piano Player" and "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

That's as close as I can get Dom. ;)

Reds Nd2
01-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Good Girls Don't (But I do) is still brilliant. I don't care what anyone says.

So, you call her on the phone
To talk about the teachers that you hate.
And she says she's all alone,
And her parents won't be coming home til late.
There's a ringing in your brain,
Cause you could've sworn you though you heard her saying...

:thumbup:

KittyDuran
01-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Just heard that song for the first time in decades the other day..... "Love is like oxygen. You get too much you get too high. Not enough and you're gonna die"
I heard it on that new station... Maxx FM and nearly stopped dead in my tracks - it had been a long time.

I think I'll pass on this thread only because I've never been too ashamed to admit to liking certain bands or music in general. I consider my tastes unique and I'm proud of it. Of course, getting insulted and harrassed all those years liking Duran Duran gives you a thick skin...;)

alex trevino
01-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Posion

marcshoe
01-02-2006, 10:07 AM
I have no shame. I liked what I liked at the time, and still don't mind listening to some of the bands that popular opinion, which sometimes seems driven by talking heads on VH1, dismisses.

And I personally think that the fact that the same bunch of critics that moan about how terrible some of these bands were are now putting the Sex Pistols into the hall of fame says something. :eek:

MrCinatit
01-02-2006, 12:23 PM
is it possible to respectfully respect an artist for a certain period of their career? because when they were good, Styx and Elton John put out some quality stuff.

that said, i'm jumping off the big-boy's diving board:
ABBA.
Yeah. That's right. ABBA. i thought Winner Takes It All and Fernando were kick ass songs.
oh, and Blondie

Joseph
01-02-2006, 01:26 PM
No shame in liking anyone who writes their own music and plays their own instruments.

Now you should be ashamed if you liked a boy band.

RedRoser
01-02-2006, 02:07 PM
No shame in liking anyone who writes their own music and plays their own instruments.

Well, uh, I did become something resembling an NSYNC fan after taking my daughters to a concert in Lexington several years ago! :confused:
Thank the Lord it was just a temporary thing. :cool:

I grew up listening to and enojoying many of the artists that have been mentioned in this thread; heck, I've even PAID $$$ to see Elton John (Rupp Arena), Lionel Richie and the Commodores (Louisville's Freedom Hall), and REO Speedwagon (Johnson City, TN's Freedom Hall) in concert. :help:

I've bought the music of ABBA, Air Supply :( , Bryan Adams, Styx, and Starship, and I can even give you a few more artists that I've either attended their concerts or laid down cash for their songs---Neil Diamond, Gordon Lightfoot, Eric Carmen :bang: , the Bee Gees :rolleyes: , Dr. Hook, Billy Joel, Barry Manilow, John Cougar Mellencamp, Gerry Rafferty, Prince, Simon & Garfunkel, Rod Stewart, Cat Stevens, Al Stewart, Toto, and I could go on and on.

Now, my final two I'd like to add are not really ones that I'm ashamed of, as the thread title says, but ones that some of you might THINK I should be! :mooner:
I have had a LIFELONG admiration and appreciation for Journey (who I finally saw in concert, minus Steve Perry, at Riverbend a few years ago) and for Dan Fogelberg (who I saw in concert at the Starwood Amphitheatre in Nashville many years ago).
Those two are about the only ones I've mentioned here whose music I still play and enjoy listening to. :)

---RedRoser

deltachi8
01-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I heard it on that new station... Maxx FM and nearly stopped dead in my tracks - it had been a long time.

I think I'll pass on this thread only because I've never been too ashamed to admit to liking certain bands or music in general. I consider my tastes unique and I'm proud of it. Of course, getting insulted and harrassed all those years liking Duran Duran gives you a thick skin...;)

im a duran fan here and never apologized!

i dont know if im ashamed of any band i have been a fan of, we all change and grow and regress and change and grow agian and the.... well, you get the point. However, there are a few albums I wish I could have my $$ back on, but thats another thread.

cincinnati chili
01-02-2006, 02:25 PM
You guys are all lightweights.

At one point in my life, I owned every recording that Electric Light Orchestra ever put into the stream of commerce.

Beat that!

westofyou
01-02-2006, 02:29 PM

At one point in my life, I owned every recording that Electric Light Orchestra ever put into the stream of commerce.

Beat that!
Too bad Jeff Lynn's a genius... Mr Blue Sky is proof of that... Rockari isn't bad either. But Fire on High made the WEBN Fireworks what it is today.

Rojo
01-02-2006, 02:36 PM
I actually like me some Hall and Oates. And some BeeGees. And, gulp, that one big Toad the Wet Sprocket hit.

westofyou
01-02-2006, 02:37 PM
And, gulp, that one big Toad the Wet Sprocket hit.UCSB band... they had 2 hits, Fall Down and Walk on the Ocean.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I used to be into nsync when they first came out.......i cannot believe i said that..........

Falls City Beer
01-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Men at *motherbleepin'* Work :cry:

RFS62
01-02-2006, 03:20 PM

Beat that!

So did I, back in the early '70s

Mr. Blue Sky, Evil Woman...... it all seems so hazy now....

:pimp:

RFS62
01-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I used to think it was one of the worst songs ever recorded, but I have to admit I really liked the Ron Burgendy version of "Afternoon Delight".

creek14
01-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm with Kitty. I'm not ashamed of any band I like now or have liked in the past.

Heck, I use to think bell bottoms looked good. Tastes change. Doesn't mean bell bottoms or Journey were bad.

Dom Heffner
01-02-2006, 03:55 PM
UCSB band... they had 2 hits, Fall Down and Walk on the Ocean.

But I'll bet he is talking about "All I Want," which I...um...owned.

How about a boy band that played their own instruments?

Mods- is there way to, ah, make this font smaller? I was just wondering, you know, for a friend of mine.

CrackerJack
01-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Talk about embarrassing:

http://www.wcafe.com/britny/images/bf1.jpg

And this is them now: (they apparently warped back into males)

http://www.wcafe.com/britny/images/bflive.jpg

RedRoser
01-02-2006, 04:57 PM

Beat that!

Man, that's SAD chili! :thumbup: And the thing is, "I can't get it outta my head. No I can't get it outta my head. . . ." :evil:

I was indoctrinated into ELO by a slightly older sister. I had almost forgotten about them! Thanks. :thumbdown

---RedRoser

Blimpie
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM

Beat that!First concert I ever saw was ELO in 1978 on their "Out of the Blue" tour. Changed my life....I, too, had every single album they put out.

I remember that their stage on that tour was a scale model version of that spaceship from the "Out of the Blue" album cover. It was essentially crammed into Rupp Arena, but the crowd seemed to dig it. The band played the entire concert from inside the spaceship (complete with very late 70's laser show). Bev Bevan made me want to be a drummer. Good times.

Blimpie
01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Men at *motherbleepin'* Work :cry:I actually saw them open for Fleetwood Mac in 1982.

I remember before the concert, we ran into the Men At Work lead singer in a boutique adjacent to the Rupp Arena. Their song "Down Under" at the time was one of about ten videos that were running in a continuous loop on MTV. So, needless to say, the lead singer thought he SHOULD have no trouble being recognized in public.

My friend walked up to whatzhisname in the store and asked, "Hey, aren't you the lead singer from Men At Work?"

He acted all put out with us and began to look for a pen (ostensibly to sign an autograph for us).

My friend just said, "Wierd video...."

and we both turned and walked in the other direction.

MWM
01-02-2006, 05:53 PM
The Bangles
Bananarama

I win.

Dom Heffner
01-02-2006, 06:20 PM
I actually saw them open for Fleetwood Mac in 1982.

I saw them as a headliner, so I'm probably worse. They had two shows that year at Timberwolf and INXS and The Raisins opened up for them on different nights. I saw the show with the Raisins. We all know that "fear is never boring (what did that song mean- anyone remember them?)...."

Falls City Beer
01-02-2006, 06:23 PM
My friend just said, "Wierd video...."

and we both turned and walked in the other direction.

Which is exactly what I should have done, lo those many years ago.

GAC
01-02-2006, 06:41 PM

Beat that!

So did I! I loved ELO.

Face The Music - one of my favorites

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/92/ELO_Face_The_Music_album_cover.jpg/225px-ELO_Face_The_Music_album_cover.jpg

KronoRed
01-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Madonna.

GAC
01-02-2006, 07:01 PM
I'd first have to have liked her, to have ever been ashamed of listening to her. ;)

westofyou
01-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Madonna.My Sig....

MrCinatit
01-02-2006, 08:53 PM

Beat that!

yeah, sorry, but i like them a lot too...but i'm not ashamed of it.
i'm also an unashamed Men At Work fan - their first two albums were amongst the best of the '80s IMHO.

westofyou
01-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Time, in New England
Took me away
To long rocky beaches
--and you, by the bay

marcshoe
01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
yeah, sorry, but i like them a lot too...but i'm not ashamed of it.
i'm also an unashamed Men At Work fan - their first two albums were amongst the best of the '80s IMHO.

Yep. Gotta admit that if I post on the favorite bands thread, you will see ELO listed. And as for Men at Work, I was living in Australia when they first hit, then moved back home just before they hit here, so I lived through them twice, and still don't mind them.

And btw, vegemite sandwiches are tolerable only if made with Philadelphia Cream Cheese. A Norwegian friend taught me that. :thumbup:

cincinnati chili
01-02-2006, 09:05 PM
The Raisins opened up for them on different nights. I saw the show with the Raisins. We all know that "fear is never boring (what did that song mean- anyone remember them?)...."

I have "Fear is Never Boring" and a few other Raisins tunes on my I-pod. Best I can tell, it's about doin' the nasty with a lady who's into the rough stuff. But maybe it's a metaphor for something more sophisticated (doubt it).

Let her rip
Don't throw that moment away

GAC
01-02-2006, 09:13 PM
I can proudly say that I NEVER got into these guy's music :lol:

http://images.windowsmedia.com/img/prov_ap/200_80/pic200/drP200/P221/p22123qn39r.jpg

Dom Heffner
01-03-2006, 12:48 AM
I have "Fear is Never Boring" and a few other Raisins tunes on my I-pod. Best I can tell, it's about doin' the nasty with a lady who's into the rough stuff. But maybe it's a metaphor for something more sophisticated (doubt it).

Let her rip
Don't throw that moment away

I Googled the lyrics and it came back as being a "Bears" song....

And yeah, on the surface it appeared to be about rough sex.

MrCinatit
01-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Yep. Gotta admit that if I post on the favorite bands thread, you will see ELO listed. And as for Men at Work, I was living in Australia when they first hit, then moved back home just before they hit here, so I lived through them twice, and still don't mind them.

And btw, vegemite sandwiches are tolerable only if made with Philadelphia Cream Cheese. A Norwegian friend taught me that. :thumbup:

they would not make my top five list, but EASILY make my top 10 list, along with a little-respected Alan Parson's Project.

I can proudly say that I NEVER got into these guy's music
i was actually a minor fan of Hall And Oats, until stumbling across their "Victor" album. those two were posed just a little too close to each other for my taste. then there was the very disturbing nudie shot of Mr. Oats on the inside lyrics sheet i could have done without.

Roy Tucker
01-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Ambrosia
England Dan & John Ford Coley
Christopher Cross
Bread
Firefall
the soundtrack to Grease

westofyou
01-03-2006, 05:05 PM
In another real moment from the 1970's I was at an England Dan & John Ford Coley "free" show at Eden Park and was introduced to Jim Scott by my friends father during "I really like to see you tonight."

Puffy
01-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Milli Vanilli.

Those guys could lip-synch!

Heath
01-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Gordon Lightfoot's Sun Down.

Vote #2 for the Bangals.

I'm slinking away.....

SunDeck
01-03-2006, 06:49 PM
First let me say I hear you, Dom, and I feel your pain. We were musical doppelgangers, one from the east and one from the west, my friend.

That about covers my high school years. Then I had this second round of music that I thought was cool, the "alternative" angst anthems of:

The Smiths
New Order
Depeche Mode
Tears for Fears
Berlin

I'll stop there; this list is too long, too painful.

SunDeck
01-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm with Kitty. I'm not ashamed of any band I like now or have liked in the past.

Heck, I use to think bell bottoms looked good. Tastes change. Doesn't mean bell bottoms or Journey were bad.

Creek, Bell Bottoms were okay.

GAC
01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.flexiety.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/250x/That%2070s%20Show%20-%20Season%20One%20(1473_f_250.jpg

Betterread
01-03-2006, 10:38 PM
That about covers my high school years. Then I had this second round of music that I thought was cool, the "alternative" angst anthems of:

New Order

I'll stop there; this list is too long, too painful.
I suggest you revisit New Order. If you remove the 80's dance remix sound they used to frost their songs with, their songs stand the test of time. They have turned out to be the best British band of the 80s, narrowly beating fellow mancunians The Fall.

bomarl1969
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
1. Bryan Adams-What was I thinking? Well the Canadian government has apologized for him on several occasions, buddaye!

2. M.C. Hammer-well at least he did produce the Reds 90 theme song

3. KISS with Paul Stanley on lead vocals, that man needs to come out! Gene rules though!

4. Metallica-see the Lars Ulrich case against Napster

5. Bon Jovi

REDREAD
01-03-2006, 11:13 PM

Beat that!

Nothing wrong with that, I still like ELO :)

dman
01-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Enuff Z'Nuff. Though they looked hair bandish, they really weren't.
http://usuarios.lycos.es/hardrockbuenosaires/paginas_enuffznuff/fotos_enuffznuff/enuffznuff05.jpg

Dom Heffner
01-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Enuff Z'Nuff. Though they looked hair bandish, they really weren't.

They had a song I loved and I can't remember what it was...

Fly High Michelle. :)

RedsFan8978
01-04-2006, 12:14 AM
I went to a Nelson, Peter Frampton and Styx concert last year. It was sweet! The really sad part, though, is that I've never been ashamed to admit I liked Styx. Oh, and I'm a big Neil Diamond fan.

Reds Nd2
01-04-2006, 01:00 AM

And I was thinking maybe later on.
We could get together for a while.
It's been such a long time.
And I really do miss your smile.

I'm not talking about moving in.
And I don't want to change your life.
But there's a warm wind blowing, the stars are out.
And I'd really love to see you tonight.

Dom Heffner
01-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Reds ND2, I've never heard you sing, but something is telling me to ask you to never do that again. :)

SirFelixCat
01-04-2006, 06:26 AM
Oh come now, I KNOW that I'm not/wasn't the only Culture Club fan.

right?:doh:

RFS62
01-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Oh come now, I KNOW that I'm not/wasn't the only Culture Club fan.

right?:doh:

Wrong.

Hey, that would have been about the time you were in the Marines, eh?

How did that work out for you?

Puffy
01-04-2006, 10:43 AM
The Village People

Reds Nd2
01-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Reds ND2, I've never heard you sing...

:laugh: Trust me, you don't want to either. My singing is bad enough that I can make onions cry.

TRF
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Love the Toad.

sadly for about a half hour (or two years, i forget which) I was a Night Ranger fan. saw Cheap Trick open for them on the Seven Wishes tour.

Excuse me while I convulse now.

Dom Heffner
01-04-2006, 06:44 PM
TRF, are you walking out on sentimental street again?

TRF
01-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Nah for me it was all about Rocking in America

oh yeah. all right.

Dom Heffner
01-04-2006, 06:59 PM
You can still do that.

creek14
01-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Peter Frampton
A rabid Reds fan.

GAC
01-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Wrong.

Hey, that would have been about the time you were in the Marines, eh?

How did that work out for you?

I can see SC now, walking around in the barracks singing "Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me crrrry" :bowrofl:

Redsfaithful
01-04-2006, 10:16 PM
I liked Mariah Carey when I was about 12. I'm sorry.

Also loved the Bangles (I own their greatest hits CD), even though they were a few years before my time.

The music that was popular when I was in high school (95-99) was so terribly awful that I feel at a disadvantage in this kind of conversation.

SunDeck
01-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Also loved the Bangles (I own their greatest hits CD), even though they were a few years before my time.

Overheard at the 1990 Grammy's:

Susanna Hoffs: "How is everyone doing tonight? My name is Susanna Hoffs."
Person: "Hey, aren't you're in the Bangles?
Hoffs: "Yeah! I'm...
Person: "Sure, I've heard of you. Great band. I'll have a gin and tonic."

Dom Heffner
01-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Did you see Susanna Hoffs the other night on one of the New Year's Eve shows? Still as hot as ever. But I could never date her because she was with Prince at one point.

I'm sure she's disappointed. :)

Falls City Beer
01-05-2006, 02:23 PM
A rabid Reds fan.

Yeah, "I feel like he does."

Do ya baby?

pedro
01-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Did you see Susanna Hoffs the other night on one of the New Year's Eve shows? Still as hot as ever. But I could never date her because she was with Prince at one point.

I have a friend who went and saw Prince. Her friend who is a huge fan took her along. My friend really didn't know much about Prince and when he came out on stage she said "That's Prince!!!???...........that 4 ft tall Puerto Rican guy?"

pedro
01-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Dom, you're going to have to get over this not dating Prince's ex's thing.

Otherwise you'll never find anybody.

Blimpie
01-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I have a friend who went and saw Prince. Her friend who is a huge fan took her along. My friend really didn't know much about Prince and when he came out on stage she said "That's Prince!!!???...........that 4 ft tall Puerto Rican guy?"The Artist must have been wearing his platform shoes that night....

bucksfan
01-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Honestly not ashamed of anything I liked either at one time or currently. However, I'd imagine given my current age and perceived place in society ( sarcasm intended here ;) ) that some people would sneer if they knew I liked many of the 80's metal bands (and still do, though they are not what dominate my listening time nowadays as my interests and roles in life have changed) : Poison, Crue, Ratt, Cinderella (probably the one I still listen to the most).

Another band that for some reason caught my fancy years ago was Quarterflash. And I liked that song "Heart and Soul" by T'Pau.

But of course some people chuckle or whatever when you tell them the stuff you currently like as if you should be ashamed...

pedro
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
ahhh, Quarterflash. Portland's finest.......

pedro
01-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I used to like the Greg Kihn Band.

westofyou
01-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I dig the Pop Bombardment of Eric Carmen and the Rasberries.

Chip R
01-05-2006, 02:58 PM
I actually like me some Hall and Oates. And some BeeGees.

H&O was the first concert I ever went to. But that was only because the girl I was seeing at the time was a big fan.

I never did like the BeeGees. In fact, for some unknown reason, my mom gave one of their albums to me for a X-Mas present. I suppose that could also go in the thread about the worst X-Mas present received. I turned my nose up at that album like she gave me a turd. She thought I liked them. :eek:

Dom Heffner
01-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I used to like the Greg Kihn Band.

Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uhhhhh....

pedro
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uhhhhh....

Yeah, they don't write 'em like that anymore.

He played at my high school. He was one spandex clad coked out little munchkin.

pedro
01-05-2006, 03:50 PM
In 1981, he earned his first bona fide hit with the Top 20 single, "The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)," from the "RocKihnRoll" album. He continued in a more commercial vein through the '80s with a series of pun-titled albums: "Kihntinued" (1982), "Kihnspiracy" (1983), "Kihntageous" (1984), and "Citizen Kihn" (1985).

I think his greatest hits album will be called "I kihnt believe it's not better"

SunDeck
01-05-2006, 04:46 PM

I couldn't date her because she never looks anyone in the eye.
You'd think a guy could get past that...

Yachtzee
01-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Nah for me it was all about Rocking in America

oh yeah. all right.

Like this? (http://www.nightranger.com/)

Okay, I'll admit to being into Night Ranger at the time. Maybe I'll check them out at the county fair next time they come around.

I still like Cheap Trick. And Falco (but not After the Fire).

westofyou
01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I still like Cheap Trick. Because they are freaking great.

RedRoser
01-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Like Cheap Trick.
Liked Little Feat at one time.
STILL love the Grease soundtrack and the movie!
Some of you have named some bands I totally had forgotten!
How about Supertramp. . .

TRF
01-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Like this? (http://www.nightranger.com/)

Okay, I'll admit to being into Night Ranger at the time. Maybe I'll check them out at the county fair next time they come around.

I still like Cheap Trick. And Falco (but not After the Fire).

great. Now i have Sister Christian and When you close your eyes stuck in my head. now i have to buy a stinkin CD!

bucksfan
01-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Like Cheap Trick.
Liked Little Feat at one time.
STILL love the Grease soundtrack and the movie!
Some of you have named some bands I totally had forgotten!
How about Supertramp. . .

Little Feat - fantastic band IMO. I have a Lowell George tribute CD I picked up in a used bin somewhere also.

Grease music is still cool to me too. I bought the sheet music for that soundtrack liked banging out those tune son the piano (poorly).

Roy Tucker
01-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Grand Funk Railroad.

westofyou
01-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Little Feat - fantastic band IMO. I have a Lowell George tribute CD I picked up in a used bin somewhere also. I saw them in 78 at EKU, and again after his death. No comparison

GAC
01-07-2006, 05:18 AM
Grand Funk Railroad.

Didn't like E Pluribus Funk huh... and Foot Stompin Music? :lol:

http://grand-funk-railroad.freeloadmp3.com/albums/12848_200_200.jpg

I was a big fan of Uriah Heep back in the early 70's The critcs were never kind to them. :lol:

http://media.bestprices.com/content/music/20/153528.jpg

I remember a conversation I had with my uncle, who is a musician in his own right and played in a couple local bands back in the 60's that toured around Ohio, and he tried to convince me that Cheap trick was the most versatile and talented band he ever saw.

And I liked Cheap Trick. I just found it hard to take a guy playing a 5 necked guitar seriously.

http://www.hamerguitars.com/pics/artists/ricknielsen.jpg

westofyou
01-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Uriah Heep -- Best Band name from a 19th Century Novel - Hands down