PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember time traveler John Titor?

macro
01-03-2006, 01:31 AM
We had a thread about him at one time, but I couldn't find it. He was the time traveler from the future that posted on message boards and told what was going to happen in the future. Part of his story was that the United States began a Civil War in 2005 (told from his future vantage point).

Well, it's January 2006 now. :confused:

Is it possible that John Titor wasn't for real?

marcshoe
01-03-2006, 01:33 AM
I know about him, but not from here.

He was obviously a fake. Or Was He. Hmmmm. . . .

LoganBuck
01-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Maybe because he told us about it, the war was averted.

MrCinatit
01-03-2006, 08:33 AM
i was not here when he posted - and this is the first time i've heard about him.
however, the man is obviously a genius. i will either:
a) do everything i can to get a statue erected in his memory to live on forever so others can see his wisdom through the ages; or
b) post this and get a drink of water.

you decide.

RedFanAlways1966
01-03-2006, 08:54 AM
I remember it, macro. Sounds like John needs to get back in his Time Machine and get the hell out of our time. I am sure there are still people out there who believe in John Titor. But we must remember that we have people in this world who believe things like: the Holocaust never happened, Pres. Bush blew up the levees in New Orleans, the Apollo space program was a hoax, space aliens are picking them up at Heven's Gate, Dave Chappelle is being harrassed and threatened by the Black-Powers-To-Be, Elvis is still alive and eating in a BK near you, etc.

RBA
01-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Maybe he is real, but he may of attended one of those "leave no child left behind" public schools or was home schooled and he just got confused on the year.

:)

Unassisted
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
From the official John Titor web site (http://johntitor.com/):

While reading the other sites, posts, and email, this month appears to be the moment of truth for many who have followed the John Titor story. In describing his history, John told us of a civil war in the United States that would start some time in 2005 and manifest itself into a shooting war by 2008. He also stated that there were no Olympic games after 2004. Many believe that if these things do not come to pass then everything John said must be false. But John also told us that we have the power to change the future. In a multiple universe reality, knowing something will happen does make a difference. So is this end of the John TItor story or are we still missing a crucial piece of information that John was trying to tell us? You decide!

westofyou
01-03-2006, 01:15 PM
We had a thread about him at one time, but I couldn't find it. Maybe someone went back in time and deleted it?

SunDeck
01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Maybe because he told us about it, the war was averted.
One of the perils of time travel, I would wager. You're always at risk of changing the future...

Unassisted
01-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Or maybe the displaced hurricane victims are arming themselves for an uprising in 2008? :help:

macro
01-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Maybe someone went back in time and deleted it?

...in which case, it never existed? :eek:

:laugh:

marcshoe
01-04-2006, 12:00 AM
One of the perils of time travel, I would wager. You're always at risk of changing the future...

Not really, because if you are going to travel back in time, you already have.

(great. now my head hurts.) :bang:

macro
01-04-2006, 12:16 AM
By the way, if there are some who are yet unfamiliar with the story, here's a pretty good link that details the whole thing. Even though "Mr. Titor" was a hoax, it makes for very interesting reading...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

Redsland
01-04-2006, 11:36 AM
He wasn't a hoax, like the moon landing. He just missed some details, like the Warren Report.

:)