PDA

View Full Version : Redskins keep Gregg Williams

Puffy
01-03-2006, 02:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2279000

Looks like Gibbs will only be around another year - cause I don't care what they say, in order for Williams to completely take himself off the head coaching market he had to get some sort of guarantee. Cause money is one thing, but he is already on record saying he wants to be a head coach again, so this can only be about a promise, IMO.

deltachi8
01-03-2006, 03:07 PM
He should stay a coordinator.

WVRed
01-03-2006, 03:40 PM
He should stay a coordinator.

Agreed.

I have a feeling that he will ultimately end up taking over when Joe Gibbs does retire.

Danny Serafini
01-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Has to be next in line after Gibbs. 3 years/$8 million is crazy money for an assistant, they've got to be paying him that in the anticipation he'll be head coach soon.

traderumor
01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Not sure why Gregg Williams is such a hot property, unless they are expecting a Bellichick scenario.

KronoRed
01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Not sure why Gregg Williams is such a hot property, unless they are expecting a Bellichick scenario.
Same here.

I think the Redskins are setting themselves up for Richie Petitbon 2.

Caveat Emperor
01-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Has to be next in line after Gibbs. 3 years/$8 million is crazy money for an assistant, they've got to be paying him that in the anticipation he'll be head coach soon.

Although, I think Monte Kiffin in Tampa makes something close to that figure. Keeping good coordinators is essential for teams and one of the keys to keep their eyes from wandering too far is to keep them well paid.