PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Requested

GAC
01-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Last Thursday my wife had intense abdominal pain and bleeding. Tests showed she had a kidney stone (3 millimeters). The Dr put her on pain meds and fluids and said she would eventually pass it. She (we) had a rough weekend. We thought she finally passed it on Sunday because the pain completely went away and she felt fine.

Last night (Wednesday) the pain came back worse then ever. We sat in the ER for 4 hours while tests were ran. They got her out of it on demural. It showed where it had moved a little, but is now lodged somewhere in her uterine tract (?). They admitted her late last night after I insisted (they wanted to send her home, and I said NO WAY!).

This morning the Dr's have said that something ain't right since it's been almost 7 days, and they are gonna keep her there and try to get her to pass it. Or else they may have to do some sort of surgery (unclear here).

I'm operating on no sleep since yesterday at 5 PM, and trying to maintain the household.

Your prayers would be appreciated.

RedsBaron
01-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Done. You and your wife remain in my prayers.

RFS62
01-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Wow, really sorry to hear this.

We just went through a similar deal with my father in law. He was operated on over Christmas and went through quite an ordeal before it was over.

Hang in there, buddy. You're in my prayers.

Ravenlord
01-12-2006, 09:39 AM
kinda what happened to my dad a few years ago...he eventually passed his naturally after 11 days of agony.

Az. Reds Fan
01-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Consider it done.

Chip R
01-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear that. Prayers said.

traderumor
01-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Sure thing, buddy.

GAC
01-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Wife just called, and through the demural daze she said the urologist is going to do a procedure sometime today to "remove" it. Depending on when it gets done and how she does, she could be released tommorrow. He has to do two other procedures this afternoon, so it could be later today.

Until then they are keeping her "doped" up.

Meanwhile, I'm drinking coffee like mad because i don't want to lay down. If I go to sleep now I'll never hear the phone. :lol:

savafan
01-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I just said a prayer for your wife, and my prayers have been getting positive results lately, so all should turn out good.

:)

Krusty
01-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Will add you in my prayers when I talk to the Big Guy tonight.

RANDY IN INDY
01-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Your wife is in my prayers, GAC. Hope that she gets some relief soon. Hang in there.

Johnny Footstool
01-12-2006, 10:25 AM
My prayers go out for you and your family.

KronoRed
01-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Prayers said GAC

RedFanAlways1966
01-12-2006, 10:47 AM
One more prayer for your wife and family, GAC. I am sure that everything will be fine in the end.

TeamBoone
01-12-2006, 11:16 AM
GAC, sorry to hear this as it's extremely painful.

I had a kidney stone several years ago and went through what she is. The first week I was totally out of it 24/7 while they waited for it to pass... it didn't... it didn't even move!

They finally alleviated it through surgery. It was found that I had a "staghorn calculus"... it was extremely large which is why all the waiting in the world wouldn't have done any good.

Your wife will be so greatful when it's over! And it will be. Her next challenge will be recovering from the surgery, which is no picnic either but far better than the pain she's endured from the stone.

Tell her my thoughts are with her (and you, of course).

SunDeck
01-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Best wishes GAC.

Meanwhile, I'm drinking coffee like mad because i don't want to lay down.

Be careful bud, or you'll end up with one, too. :eek:

Sean_CaseyRules
01-12-2006, 12:08 PM
You are officially in my prayers.

Joseph
01-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Add me to the list. I hope it's taken care of quickly.

Redsland
01-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Strength, pal.

:pray:

GAC
01-12-2006, 08:46 PM
She went through the "minor" surgery OK. Happened around 4 PM. They "numbed" here lower extremities, and when I was up around 6 PM she was coherent and the anesthesia was wearing off. They had me go fill her pain meds and said they may release her tonight if she shows no complications. So I'm still operating on no sleep and waiting for a phone call. If not, then tommorrow.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Falls City Beer
01-12-2006, 08:56 PM
You and your wife hang tough, GAC.

deltachi8
01-12-2006, 09:48 PM
You will be allright....and she will as well....

wheels
01-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow GAC.

I'm sure everything's gonna be okay, just make sure you don't start seeing trails or anything.

Have the kids wait for the phone. You need sleep.

pedro
01-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Hope your wife has a speedy recovery GAC.

GAC
01-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Again - thanks everyone.

Got her home last night about 10:30.

We both were in bed around 10:31 :lol:

cumberlandreds
01-13-2006, 06:38 AM
I just saw this. I'm glad everything looks like it will be OK. I've never had a kidney stone but I have heard the pain is about the worst. My prayers will be with you all for a speedy recovery.

bucksfan
01-13-2006, 12:16 PM
GAC - glad you're both home and hope the recovery goes extremely well. I have never had the experience but it sounds horrible. Hope you and she both have a restful weekend.

Larkin Fan
01-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Just saw this, GAC. Glad everything went okay and I hope her recovery is speedy.

LoganBuck
01-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Glad everything is going ok, my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Those kidney stones must be excrutiating. I remember Bill Cunningham of 700 WLW had problems on a cruise ship near Bora Bora. They have it the story taped and play it every now and then. He ended up on a desert island on an airstrip in the middle of a jungle trying to get medical transport.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Hope that your wife gets better quick GAC!

writerdan33
01-13-2006, 04:57 PM
GAC...just saw this. Much praise that everything went okay.

If I may try to interject some humor into a humorless situation, a buddy of mine had a similar problem with a stone...couldn't get it out. So he had to undergo a procedure which involved a cathater. After the stone was removed, he still had to wear the cathater for a week afterwards.

Naturally, I told him that it's too bad it wasn't Halloween time. For his office costume party he could show up naked on roller skates and tell everyone he was a pull toy...:D

Gallows humor at its best...or worst.

Hang tough, pal.

registerthis
01-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Just saw this post, glad things worked out for you and your wife. After watching my father lie in excrutiating pain while passing a stone, it isn't something I would wish on anyone. Here's hoping she never has to deal with something like that again.

David Cubbedge
01-13-2006, 09:51 PM
I will definitely keep her in my prayers as well GAC. Hopefully all will be better soon.

GAC
01-14-2006, 06:45 AM
GAC...just saw this. Much praise that everything went okay.

If I may try to interject some humor into a humorless situation, a buddy of mine had a similar problem with a stone...couldn't get it out. So he had to undergo a procedure which involved a cathater. After the stone was removed, he still had to wear the cathater for a week afterwards.

Naturally, I told him that it's too bad it wasn't Halloween time. For his office costume party he could show up naked on roller skates and tell everyone he was a pull toy...:D

Gallows humor at its best...or worst.

Hang tough, pal.

They had to put a shint in, which will remain for about a week. The stone got lodged somewhere in her uterine tract (general area/description). But the Dr sent it to a lab for tests because he's not sure it was a stone. Hmmmm. I'm wondering what else it could be?

The woman comes home late Thursday night, and Friday morning, hobbling around and still kinda out of it via pain meds - SHE WANTS TO CLEAN THE HOUSE! I wanted to smack her! And in the weakened condition she is in, I think I could have taken her.

She's such a worry wart about such trivial matters - getting the house cleaned, going to the grocery, her job, etc.

She called her employer right away Friday morning and GUANTEED she'd be back to work on Monday. Her employer told her not to worry about it (Ha! they don't know her), and to just take care of herself. Her job will be there when she is recovered fully. She's an excellent worker.

You'd think me and the kids couldn't "survive" for a couple days with her down, and are totally incompetent.... well, we are, but that is besides the point! ;)

I got the grocery shopping down last night. And today, the kids and I are gonna clean the house. I rented her some movies to watch (The Cave, Skeleton Key, Red Eye, and Brothers Grimm) and told her to relax and take it easy this weekend.

RFS62
01-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Glad to hear she's home GAC.

Hang tough.

RANDY IN INDY
01-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Take care of her GAC. Glad to hear she is home.

Dom Heffner
01-14-2006, 10:26 AM
We both were in bed around 10:31

That's probably an hour later than normal, right?

So happy she's home and well. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

GAC
01-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Well - I just got back from taking the wife back to the hospital. I was out running some errands and she called and said I had to get home and take her in. She's running a fever, has lower abdominal pain, and is bleeding.

I got her registered and settled in, and then had to come home to check on the kids, while waiting for a call.

I'm about ready to put some Drs in the hospital. :angry:

traderumor
01-14-2006, 01:24 PM
OK, buddy, just said another prayer for your wife. Take care of her.

fourrunhomer
01-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I will include you and your wife in my prayers. I will also pray that the doctors can find why she is having the complications.

TeamMorris
01-14-2006, 04:09 PM
I also just saw this! So sorry and prayers said!

Hope they get things worked out soon! It is never fun not knowing what is going on while not being able to a thing but sit back and wait.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

RFS62
01-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Holy crap, Greg!!!! I thought everything was alright!!!

Hang tough, man. Prayers are with you.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-14-2006, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=GAC]And in the weakened condition she is in, I think I could have taken her.[QUOTE]

I dunno man, those pain meds give people super human strength, lol.

GAC
01-14-2006, 08:17 PM
We were at the ER for about 2 hours today. The Dr stated that she is gonna continue to experience bleeding in the urine while that shint is in there. She has some inflammation from the surgery (which is normal); but does not have an infection (good news).

But he also told her (since she never listens to her husband) that she needs to take it easy and quit moving around so much immediately after surgery. I think it finally got through to her. ;)

We laid around all afternoon and watched movies... Red Eye (good movie), Brothers Grimm (still trying to figure that one out), and The Skeleton Key (you really don't know what's going on till the very end. But a decent flick.

Heck - I completely forgot about the Seattle-Washington game. But I'm getting ready to watch the Denver-Patriots though. Go Patriots!

SirFelixCat
01-18-2006, 05:29 AM
Hey bud...just saw this...both are in our prayers. Take care and take care of her! :)

TeamCasey
01-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Tie her down, G!

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

letsgojunior
01-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Prayers said GAC!

Marty and Joe
01-18-2006, 07:53 AM
GAC - like others, just saw this. Hope things are going better.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

GAC
01-18-2006, 08:50 AM
She still has the shint. It won't be removed for about another week. But she went back to work on Monday. I'm keeping an eye on her.

Today is her B-Day, so I stopped on the way home from work and got her a cake, card, and gift. The kid's school was cancelled today due to weather, so I walked in the house, tired as all get out, and handed them the parcels and said "Wrap this before your Mom gets home!" My luck they'll also wrap the cake and ice cream. :lol:

KronoRed
01-18-2006, 09:58 AM
What did ya get her? :D

Puffy
01-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey GAC - sorry to hear all this. Hope everything is Ok and she has a speedy recover from this point on!

GAC
01-19-2006, 07:50 PM
What did ya get her? :D

A cake, a nice card, and three nice tops of the style she likes. I also made sure the laundry and house was clean when she got home. I thought I did good. Then she walks in and says "How big do you think I am?". In my "Everybody Love Raymond" voice I say "Whaaat?"

"I'm a size 16. Not 24-26!"

Being the quick thinker... "I knew that! I just thought you like to wear your shirts baggy."

You just can't win. ;)

TeamMorris
01-20-2006, 09:19 AM
A cake, a nice card, and three nice tops of the style she likes. I also made sure the laundry and house was clean when she got home. I thought I did good. Then she walks in and says "How big do you think I am?". In my "Everybody Love Raymond" voice I say "Whaaat?"

"I'm a size 16. Not 24-26!"

Being the quick thinker... "I knew that! I just thought you like to wear your shirts baggy."

You just can't win. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad things are under control! I am still surprised she is back to work though:eek: . Tough lady!