PDA

View Full Version : Castinelli's 1/20/06 press conference

harangatang
01-13-2006, 08:52 PM
http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

One week from now, Robert Castellini will be outlining his plans for the Reds' future to the media and fans of Cincinnati. Assuming his bid is approved by MLB owners Thursday in Scottsdale -- and it will be -- Castellini will hold a press conference Friday at 4 p.m. at Great American Ball Park.

I know you all feel the same way, but I certainly wish we could just fast-forward there and get it over with. Two and a half months of speculation with no word from the man himself has worn me out a bit. Not to mention that just being able to ask questions of the Reds' majority owner and CEO will be a new experience for me, since I wasn't around for the Schott era, and I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Anyway, mark your calendars...

Reds4Life
01-13-2006, 08:56 PM
I hope at that presser he announces the termination of the following people:

John Allen
Dan O'Brien
Jerry Narron

Please, please, please make it so.

RFS62
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM

John Allen
Dan O'Brien
Jerry Narron

I think if he's going to do it, he's already decided. But I doubt he'll do it without waiting a week to ten days.

And I doubt he'll fire Narron.

cinredsfan2000
01-13-2006, 09:03 PM

John Allen
Dan O'Brien
Jerry Narron

Why Narron ? You dont think he deserves to at least start the season? Just curious asto who you think should replace Narron? Pinella? others?

Reds4Life
01-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I think if he's going to do it, he's already decided. But I doubt he'll do it without waiting a week to ten days.

I agree he won't do it the day after, but don't be the wet blanket, it's the only thing I have to hope for right now. ;)

If Narron gets the axe I think it will be mid-season, after the new GM is in place.

Why Narron ? You dont think he deserves to at least start the season? Just curious asto who you think should replace Narron? Pinella? others?

The Reds need to quit farming out the manager slot to the lowest paying bidder, the last quality manager we've had was Davey Johnson, and the results of the Reds since then haven't be great. Pony up the cash and hire a descent manager for once.

RFS62
01-13-2006, 09:06 PM
I agree he won't do it the day after, but don't be the wet blanket, it's the only thing I have to hope for right now. ;)

If Narron gets the axe I think it will be mid-season, after the new GM is in place.

Man, I'm right with you. I bet MWM a steak dinner that DanO would get the sack. And I don't think Allen will be offered a new contract.

pedro
01-13-2006, 09:06 PM

I think Allen and Narron will be kept this year, although I don't think Allen will have any power, he'll just be kept around to help with the transition.

As for DanO, he's toast IMO.

I do agree though, that it won't be announced for a week or so. No new owner is going to use his first press conference to fire the GM. Although I sure wouldn't be upset if I turned out to be wrong about that.

Falls City Beer
01-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Everyone will be gone by season's end, at the very latest. If Castellini needs any more proof than what currently lies in store for all of us viz. the 2006 Reds team, then the man needs to have his head examined. As they are currently constituted, they're a 75-win team, max.

Aronchis
01-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Everyone will be gone by season's end, at the very latest. If Castellini needs any more proof than what currently lies in store for all of us viz. the 2006 Reds team, then the man needs to have his head examined. As they are currently constituted, they're a 75-win team, max.

Nah, they are a 75 win team in the medium. They are a 85 win team max and a 65 win team if things mostly go bad. Which means the medium is much to low anyway. Doesn't really matter, Cast has alot of work to do and then the people under him.

Slyder
01-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Nah, they are a 75 win team in the medium. They are a 85 win team max and a 65 win team if things mostly go bad. Which means the medium is much to low anyway. Doesn't really matter, Cast has alot of work to do and then the people under him.

This team won 73 games last year and no noticeable improvement in the pitching staff and dumbing down of the team by Dan O'Brien and to the approval of Jerry Narron. This team will start Aurilia at 3b and Woehack will man 2b, because of the veteran presence they bring to the lineup and while Ed E and Freel are told they are to battle to the death for a chance to ph while the other rots on the bench most days. Why am I so pessimistic??? :lastyear: It happened last year with Freel and Lopez being benched for (then hitting .192) Rich Aurilia and D'Angelo Jimenez.

This team will be lucky to get to 70 wins if Narron and O'Brien stay til the break if both are fired immediately then you might be able to salvage something out of this season.

Aronchis
01-13-2006, 10:47 PM
This team won 73 games last year and no noticeable improvement in the pitching staff and dumbing down of the team by Dan O'Brien and to the approval of Jerry Narron. This team will start Aurilia at 3b and Woehack will man 2b, because of the veteran presence they bring to the lineup and while Ed E and Freel are told they are to battle to the death for a chance to ph while the other rots on the bench most days. Why am I so pessimistic??? :lastyear: It happened last year with Freel and Lopez being benched for (then hitting .192) Rich Aurilia and D'Angelo Jimenez.

This team will be lucky to get to 70 wins if Narron and O'Brien stay til the break if both are fired immediately then you might be able to salvage something out of this season.

I heard that in 2002 and 2004 as well. The pitching can just improve by being more serviceable, which happens in better luck years for periods. Heck, if the 2002 team had the 2005 offense, they would have probably flipped their record around.

The truth is, the Reds have been at a "75" game medium for around a decade now. They never fall/fell as far as the Tigers, Brewers, Royals or Pirates, but they can never transcend into anything above 500. A constant medium of 75 wins.

Slyder
01-13-2006, 10:54 PM
I heard that in 2002 and 2004 as well. The pitching can just improve by being more serviceable, which happens in better luck years for periods. Heck, if the 2002 team had the 2005 offense, they would have probably flipped their record around.

The truth is, the Reds have been at a "75" game medium for around a decade now. They never fall/fell as far as the Tigers, Brewers, Royals or Pirates, but they can never transcend into anything above 500. A constant medium of 75 wins.

they got that potential on the team yes, maybe even enough to surprise teams and maybe approach 90, but until we started getting Lopez in the lineup everyday things didnt start clicking, and we still werent fully utilizing the lineup to its full potential (Dunn batting 6th or 7th???? Assinine waste of one of the most dangerous hitters in the NL). You get someone in there making the managerial day to day decisions that understands his personal then you will have a great chance to see even more runs scored for Cincinnati and if we get some more improvement from a full year of Vern Ruhle handling the pitchers... the potential is there, Im just not very confident in the guys running it.

M2
01-13-2006, 11:14 PM

This team could win 85 in a pig's eye.

You vastly underestimate the unmaskable rot that is this team's pitching.

Falls City Beer
01-13-2006, 11:36 PM

Saying a team has the potential for a 20 game range (65-85) in wins is essentially saying nothing at all.

M2
01-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Saying a team has the potential for a 20 game range (65-85) in wins is essentially saying nothing at all.

It's a Schroedinger's Cat projection.

Scrap Irony
01-14-2006, 12:32 AM
I always liked Schrodinger on Silver Spoons. He wasn't bad in Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dave miniseries either.

But I don't remember a cat.

Maybe that was in NYPD Blue...

Unassisted
01-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Here's my predicted agenda of things you'll hear at the Castellini press conference.

1. Gratitude to everyone present for coming out on a cold winter day.

2. Gratitude to the other MLB owners and Hamilton County for the approvals.

3. Gratitude to Carl Lindner and the other selling limiteds for their "efforts" over the years.

3. Declaration that a "new era of Reds baseball" has begun.

4. Declaration of a commitment to winning and excitement, probably linked to bringing elements of the Cardinals' recent tradition of success.

5. Repeat of at least half of the gratitude items above.

6. Q&A during which reporters will ask pointed questions about FO personnel and he'll decline to get specific about #4.

7. See #1

:sleep:

registerthis
01-14-2006, 01:16 AM
the last quality manager we've had was Davey Johnson.

Jack McKeon was pretty swell.

Joseph
01-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Here's my predicted agenda of things you'll hear at the Castellini press conference.

3. Gratitude to Carl Lindner and the other selling limiteds for their "efforts" over the years.

4. Declaration of a commitment to winning and excitement, probably linked to bringing elements of the Cardinals' recent tradition of success.

6. Q&A during which reporters will ask pointed questions about FO personnel and he'll decline to get specific about #4.

7. See #1

I take it you've seen these before? Spot on man, spot on.

Cyclone792
01-14-2006, 01:32 AM

7. See #1

^^^^^^^^^ What he said.

Cyclone792
01-14-2006, 01:34 AM
http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

One week from now, Robert Castellini will be outlining his plans for the Reds' future to the media and fans of Cincinnati. Assuming his bid is approved by MLB owners Thursday in Scottsdale -- and it will be -- Castellini will hold a press conference Friday at 4 p.m. at Great American Ball Park.

I know you all feel the same way, but I certainly wish we could just fast-forward there and get it over with. Two and a half months of speculation with no word from the man himself has worn me out a bit. Not to mention that just being able to ask questions of the Reds' majority owner and CEO will be a new experience for me, since I wasn't around for the Schott era, and I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Anyway, mark your calendars...

My how I wish I could frame a question or three for Lancaster to ask.

Heck, I wish I could just ask the questions myself. :evil:

KronoRed
01-14-2006, 03:14 AM
I take it you've seen these before? Spot on man, spot on.
Look up Linders conference and compare them after this one, I bet they are carbon copies.

4256 Hits
01-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Why Narron ?

Narron said, "We need to manufacture runs"

"First of all, I don't like to see jobs handed to kids, they have to earn them," Narron said

"I'll try my best to get 'em all (Freel, Aurilia, Womack) on the field whenever I can," Narron said. "It is outstanding to have three guys of that caliber.

"Strikeouts are definitely a concern," he added

That just from one article there are plenty of other reason.

Hondo
01-18-2006, 08:31 AM

John Allen
Dan O'Brien
Jerry Narron

I think we are all on the same page here...

Do ya all think "Sweet" Lou will be around his office Friday about noon???

JaredRoberts.com

RedLegSuperStar
01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I think we are all on the same page here...

Do ya all think "Sweet" Lou will be around his office Friday about noon???

JaredRoberts.com

Louie P wont be the Reds manager. He would more likly take a scouting or special assistant job. I think he really wants to be the manager of the Yankees and is holding out for that job to become open. The reason he left TB is because they weren't going anywhere.. and Lou wants to win. I just don't see the Reds battling St. Louis, Chicago, Houston, or even Milwalkee for that matter.

I think Narron is still the manager of the 06 Reds. As for firings.. I doubt they can anyone until they get situated and the press fades on there new ownership.

Chip R
01-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Look up Linders conference and compare them after this one, I bet they are carbon copies.

I don't recall Lindner even having a press conference.

Reds4Life
01-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't recall Lindner even having a press conference.

The only one I ever remember him appearing at was the Griffey Jr announcement.

Chip R
01-18-2006, 03:59 PM
The only one I ever remember him appearing at was the Griffey Jr announcement.

Me too but he may have taken over before I moved here.

RedsManRick
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
What's with the Pinella obsession? Do you think he's gonna start Freel and Encarnacion every day? Do you think he's not concerned about strikeouts? I have no reason to believe Pinella would be any better than Narron.

As far as I can tell, Narron is the type of guy who doesn't make waves in pubilc and doesn't want to make his boss look bad. Get him a different GM and COO and see if his tune changes. He wouldn't have to worry about Aurilia and Womack if he didn't have a GM stupid enough to bring them aboard.

Reds4Life
01-18-2006, 04:10 PM
FYI Castellini is going to be on Lance's show on Friday after the press conference.

RedLegSuperStar
01-18-2006, 04:20 PM
FYI Castellini is going to be on Lance's show on Friday after the press conference.

Good.. I will try to stream that.. I miss 1360Homer...

redsfan30
01-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know if there will be any live radio or tv coverage of the conference Friday?

John McGwire
01-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know if there will be any live radio or tv coverage of the conference Friday?
Channel 12 has a 4 pm news program, it might be on that.

Reds4Life
01-18-2006, 06:57 PM

1360 is carrying it live, I would imagine WLW probably will as well.

Bobcat J
01-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Castellini has been calling the shots for a while now. I talked with someone tonight who was in the room on unrelated business when Castellini got the call from Allen about the Casey trade. Castellini approved the trade in a matter of minutes. I'm a little nervous about some of the moves that have been made during a period where Castellini has apparently been in charge.

Aronchis
01-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Castellini has been calling the shots for a while now. I talked with someone tonight who was in the room on unrelated business when Castellini got the call from Allen about the Casey trade. Castellini approved the trade in a matter of minutes. I'm a little nervous about some of the moves that have been made during a period where Castellini has apparently been in charge.

I would be more concerned about what he does the next 30 days than DanO's "moves",the Casey one which Cast IMO had to have at least known about if not directed. If he doesn't bring in a PofO for example, you may want to begin shivering.

Henry Clay
01-18-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't expect Castellini to announce the firing of anyone at his initial press conference. I'm sure he does not want to start his ownership term on a negative note. I can't think of a single sports team owner who has announced anything like that at his opening press conference. The firings happen later. The press conference will be about laying out his vision of the Reds. I expect the usual cliches about winning and getting the organization headed in the right direction. If he mentions increasing payroll or something that can be translated into a concrete change I can understand, I'll be surprised and happy. I think Friday will do little more than let us hear the man's voice and experience his personality for the first time. It will take a little while (from a week to a year) to see how much he plans to shake up the team.

jnwohio
01-19-2006, 12:25 AM
I think somethng that Castellini considers substansive will be announced at the Friday press conference. I don't think you schedule a 4pm press conference the day after you anticipate formal approval, particularly on a Friday and when you've already been known for 2 months to be the owner in waiting, unless you plan on announcing something that is going to make a big splash on the evening news (which is why you schedule 4pm press conferences instead of noon or 1pm or 9am or whenever else).

Along with the normal sort of introductory things that have been mentioned in this thread, what else could happen?

Maybe it will be the revelation of the total owners' group. Who else and how how many might be a real tip off as to how deep their pockets will be in the short run.

Or it could be a player move (i.e. Dunn sigining to LTC).

Or it could be FO or manager terminations as have been discussed in this thread.

I thought it was interesting on the Wednesday Hot Stove League program that Marty B. totally equivocated when he was directly asked if John Allen, DanO, or Jerry Narron might be canned immediately. He said that everybody was expecting big changes and the question was how quickly and exactly what they would be; and like every one else he would have to wait to see what happens and what will be said on Friday. Later on Marty did say in answer to another question that Jerry Narron would certainly be managing the team in 2006. But not a word anywhere about Allen or DanO. Makes you wonder if there are informed whispers on the street.

Reds4Life
01-19-2006, 12:37 AM
4pm is kind of a strange time for a presser, especially for a Friday. I thought it would have been late morning/early afternoon, between 11-1 or something.

westofyou
01-19-2006, 12:42 AM
4pm is kind of a strange time for a presser, especially for a Friday.Well UC doesn't play until monday and by 4 the buzz from the Xavier/UC Game should be down, it will be the lead sports news story at 6 and 11 and headiline the Saturday AND Sunday paper.

Looks to me like some thought went into picking the time.

Reds4Life
01-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Well UC doesn't play until monday and by 4 the buzz from the Xavier/UC Game should be down, it will be the lead sports news story at 6 and 11 and headiline the Saturday AND Sunday paper.

The shootout isn't being hyped as much this year since Huggins is gone, it's still a big deal, but not like previous years. Since the local reporting on the sale has been so poor who knows how they will handle it.

Oh, and UC plays mighty Rutgers on Sunday. :p:

westofyou
01-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Oh, and UC plays mighty Rutgers on SundayYeah, I thought today was the 17th... duh,

Chip R
01-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Well UC doesn't play until monday and by 4 the buzz from the Xavier/UC Game should be down, it will be the lead sports news story at 6 and 11 and headiline the Saturday AND Sunday paper.

Usually Friday afternoon is when people announce things that aren't exactly positive because Saturday papers aren't read very widely. That said I can see him announcing it on Friday since the sale should be approved today but having the presser at 4 is a bit curious.

savafan
01-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Every time I see this, I ask myself, "Who is Castinelli?" It always takes a minute to register. Anyway, I figured this was as good a place as any to post this:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/reds/daily/0119reds.html?UrAuth=%60N%60NUObN]UbTTUWUXUWUZTZU\UWU_U\UZU%60U%60UcTYWVVZV

By Hal McCoy

Dayton Daily News

A new era in Cincinnati Reds baseball is expected to begin today — and whether that is good, bad or indifferent remains to be seen.

By day's end, Robert Castellini will be approved as majority owner (75.6 percent) by the 29 other Major League Baseball owners, who are meeting in Scottsdale, Ariz. Approval is expected with a rubber stamp because Castellini and partners Tom Williams and Joe Williams already have been approved by MLB's ownership committee.

It was announced on Nov. 2 that Castellini and his group would pay $270 million for their shares and that Castellini would become Chief Executive Officer.

Castellini purchased his shares from Carl Lindner and replaces him as CEO, although Lindner and minority owners George Strike and Bill Reik, Jr. are retaining some shares in the team.

Reds manager Jerry Narron has talked with Castellini, and he is excited over the changing of the guard.

"I'm very impressed with him," said Narron. "It is going to be very, very good for us to have a guy running the team with a passion for the game."

Major League Baseball has had a gag order on Castellini, pending approval of the sale. He will be introduced to the media at Great American Ball Park on Friday afternoon.

Castellini and the Williams brothers have been minority owners of the Cardinals since 1996, when the team was purchased from the Busch family for $120 million.

Majority owner Bill DeWitt Jr. purchased 60 percent. Castellini reportedly owned 10 percent and the Williams three percent each.

Castellini and the Williamses had to divest their interests in the Cardinals to purchase the Reds and the current ownership of the Cardinals bought their shares.

Since 1996, the Cardinals have won the National League Central six times and appeared in the World Series in 2004, losing to the Boston Red Sox. In the same time frame, the Reds have not won the division nor appeared in the postseason and are on a current run of five straight losing seasons.

Castellini is CEO of Castellini Company, one of the nation's largest wholesale produce firms. He has been a prominent Cincinnati citizen, serving on the board of the Cincinnati Zoo and leading a group that unsuccessfully attempted to bring the 2012 Olympics to the Queen City.

His firm was founded in 1896, 27 years after the birth of the Reds, baseball's oldest professional franchise. For many years, Castellini owned a warehouse on the banks of the Ohio River, but he sold the warehouse and property to Hamilton County for $30 million to make room for Paul Brown Stadium, home of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Castellini and the Williamses were the last of at least four groups to express interest in the Reds. Lindner chose to sell to Castellini because they are friends and former business associates and Lindner believes in Castellini's commitment to Cincinnati.

Tom Williams and Joe Williams are the sons of former part-owners of the Reds from 1966 to 1984, brothers Tom and James Williams, during the rise of The Big Red Machine (two World Series championships). They sold out to Marge Schott in 1985.

M2
01-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Hopefully this press conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. on the day after the sale is approved because Castellini intends to line up some ducks and do more than just sit there and say, "Yep, I bought the club," "I love baseball" and "Did I mention that I'm from Cincinnati?"

He's given himself the better part of a business day to do something. Mind you, this could just be day-late stage management, which would be par for the course from the Reds' PR people. Friday afternoon is a lousy time to hold a fluff news conference. IIRC, news viewership takes a dive on Friday p.m.s as does radio news listenership. People's minds are onto recreational matters by that time. Plus, the news of the sale comes on Thursday. If all Castellini is doing is spouting off about local pride and the vision thing, then more of his comments will get broadcast when there's a news hook to go with it.

So, like I said, hopefully there's more to it than that. Hopefully Castellini's introducing the new team president or GM or both.

westofyou
01-19-2006, 12:02 PM
So, like I said, hopefully there's more to it than that. Hopefully Castellini's introducing the new team president or GM or both.Yep, the time is ripe for him to splash big and hold the banner headline.

Hopefully it isn't the Al Capones vault of press conferences.

M2
01-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Yep, the time is ripe for him to splash big and hold the banner headline.

Perfect analogy.

Falls City Beer
01-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Yep, the time is ripe for him to splash big and hold the banner headline.

I'll wager anything I own that this is a smile and handshake aw shucks I love this city press conference. They always are. In Cincinnati at least.

Puffy
01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
I'll wager anything I own that this is a smile and handshake aw shucks I love this city press conference. They always are. In Cincinnati at least.

What do you own? Cause if you have a kegerator I'm so down with this bet!

M2
01-19-2006, 01:23 PM
FCB, wager that second child, then we're sure to see Castellini showing off a bloody axe and new henchmen. Murphy's Law would demand it.

RFS62
01-19-2006, 01:38 PM
FCB, wager that second child, then we're sure to see Castellini showing off a bloody axe and new henchmen. Murphy's Law would demand it.

Do it, FCB. Nobody else here has the power.

Take one for the team.

Hoosier Red
01-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Who has the first born this month anyway? I could really use someone to shovel snow.

Heath
01-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Who has the first born this month anyway? I could really use someone to shovel snow.

Mine just turned 6. I have problems with him shoveling snow, since he can't even tie his shoes really well.

But with my veteran experience and his scrappiness, he'll conquer that feat pretty quickly!

RFS62
01-19-2006, 02:52 PM

Kitty Duran co-ordinates the schedule. It's been a very popular feature of RedsZone.

RedsManRick
01-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I have this pit of the stomach fear that we're gonna hear a lot about 'winning now' and not "rebuilding". I say fear b/c assuming Castinelli has be involved in the past month, winning "now" includes Aurillia and Womack...

harangatang
01-19-2006, 02:59 PM
"I'm very impressed with him," said Narron. "It is going to be very, very good for us to have a guy running the team with a passion for the game."

Wow, what a deserving slam against Lindner.

Puffy
01-19-2006, 03:02 PM

Chip has him - this is month the first born shaves Chip's back.

Chip R
01-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Chip has him - this is month the first born shaves Chip's back.

Yep. After that he's taking your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and will never call her again.

Puffy
01-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Yep. After that he's taking your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and will never call her again.

Mama Puffy was a saint!

MartyFan
01-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know if the press conference will be on XM?

cinredsfan2000
01-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh god would i love to here Castinelli's first order of business after thanking everybody from the press for showing up.Would be to anounce the firing of o'brien and the hiring of Paul Depodesta as our new G.m. . That is unless he could somehow convince Theo epstien to be our next g.m. :beerme:

Unassisted
01-19-2006, 08:25 PM
I stand by my prediction in post #17 in this thread. Those of you hoping for a stream or setting aside time to tune in the local broadcasters might as well save the effort and read about the presser in tomorrow's newspaper. :sleep:

Realistically, the bulk of Castellini's time during this 24 hour period will be devoted to getting to Cincinnati from Arizona. He'll probably be flying out in the morning.

M2
01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
I stand by my prediction in post #17 in this thread. Those of you hoping for a stream or setting aside time to tune in the local broadcasters might as well save the effort and read about the presser in tomorrow's newspaper. :sleep:

Realistically, the bulk of Castellini's time during this 24 hour period will be devoted to getting to Cincinnati from Arizona. He'll probably be flying out in the morning.

I tend to think you're right, but this press conference is going off at the time when the government releases bad or unpleasant news in the hopes that most people miss it. It's an awfully Deputy Dawg start if they couldn't have figured out how to do it on the day the sale was approved.

KronoRed
01-19-2006, 09:40 PM
The bad and unpleasant news is going to be contract extensions for Allen and Dan O ;)

RedLegSuperStar
01-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Oh god would i love to here Castinelli's first order of business after thanking everybody from the press for showing up was to anounce the firing of o'brien and the hiring of Paul Depodesta as our new G.m. . That is unless he could somehow convince Theo epstien to be our next g.m. :beerme:

Theo Is Back In Boston

Caseyfan21
01-19-2006, 11:15 PM

I can't remember the link (Maybe Hal?) but I thought I read where he was headed back into town late this afternoon in order to attend the UC vs. Xavier game. I read he was on the Xavier board of trustees I believe. Hopefully that will leave some time to roll some heads.

harangatang
01-20-2006, 12:21 AM
I can't remember the link (Maybe Hal?) but I thought I read where he was headed back into town late this afternoon in order to attend the UC vs. Xavier game. I read he was on the Xavier board of trustees I believe. Hopefully that will leave some time to roll some heads.

I read that somewhere too but I don't remember where :confused:

BEETTLEBUG
01-20-2006, 05:36 AM
I am excited about New Owner, I would be ok with that Paul guy from Dodgers as GM just demote OB don't fire him. Zito would be OK to get but I would be fine with Clement for Freel and Medock.

Hondo
01-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Well, I want Lou Pinella as GM and then let Narron and Coaching staff to play out the 2006 season...

Oh, Zito is hung up on pitching for the Yankees after becoming a Free Agent so he will probably be dealt at the TDL for "High Octane" Players, but I wouldn't want the 2 1/2 month rental, or even a 6 month rental if we don't get a 72 hour window to put together a 4 or 5 year deal to keep the name "Zito" on the back of a Red Jersey...

As for Clement, I would just want the Innings....I would not even give Kearns up for him...Womack and a prospect...sure...I'd even throw in an incubent General manager to go along with the 3 Pronged GM Machine in Bean Town...

JaredRoberts.com

wheels
01-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know if the press conference will be on XM?

I'm not sure, but they've been known to do cut ins on press conferences on Home Plate.

I'll be tuning in just in case. My other radio at work gets terrible reception.

MartyFan
01-20-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure, but they've been known to do cut ins on press conferences on Home Plate.

I'm on the road in NYC and I know none of the local media there will be covering it.

lollipopcurve
01-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Let the guy have the day to himself. Seems appropriate to me. Besides, I think he can say enough to "put people on notice," and sit Allen, O'Brien, etc. on seats far hotter than the big bean bags they've been on for years. Their time is sure to come, I think, but with these transitions it generally doesn't happen right away, in any business.

Reds Fanatic
01-20-2006, 09:54 AM

I don't know if XM will carry it but MLB radio on the MLB.COM website is carrying the press conference so you shuold be able to hear from your computer.

Chip R
01-20-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't know if XM will carry it but MLB radio on the MLB.COM website is carrying the press conference so you shuold be able to hear from your computer.

WLW and WSAI (HOMER) are both carrying the press conferences and both are available on line.