PDA

View Full Version : Weathers tears tendon in pitching hand..at home..

FlyingPig
01-18-2006, 09:11 PM
here we go..already..

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjQ5IWMuDpwpriT_18bl0Z85nYcB?slug=ap-reds-weathers&prov=ap&type=lgns

captainmorgan07
01-18-2006, 09:30 PM
ahh the miracle of at home injuries wat do pro athletes do around the house

Unassisted
01-18-2006, 09:43 PM
ahh the miracle of at home injuries wat do pro athletes do around the house"Weathers tore a tendon in his right index finger while working out Monday at his home, the club said Wednesday."

I would have guessed he was chopping wood or doing some sort of home repair. Hard to fault the guy for an injury that occurred during a workout.

realreds1
01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Is it Doomsday already?

We forgot this part of the article:

"He will wear a splint for three weeks, and the Reds think the injury will heal by the time pitchers and catchers report Feb. 16."

WVRed
01-18-2006, 09:57 PM
At least there is some good that can come of this, that means Ryan Wagner should be the closer.

Probably not the best way to think about it though.:(

cincinnati chili
01-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Not to be cruel to David Weathers, and I hope he's okay, but this really doesn't matter in the grand scope of this team.

This is kinda like Arby's running out of parsley.

KronoRed
01-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Hope he's ok.

ochre
01-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Blame Vander Wal!

Caveat Emperor
01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
"Weathers tore a tendon in his right index finger while working out Monday at his home, the club said Wednesday."

As a cost cutting measure, team doctors set the injury using one of these:

http://www.curvestore.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/foamfingerF.gif

Roy Tucker
01-18-2006, 10:26 PM
This is kinda like Arby's running out of parsley.

Arby's is out of parsley??? :eek:

Noooooooo!!!!!

Big Klu
01-19-2006, 12:40 AM
At least there is some good that can come of this, that means Ryan Wagner should be the closer.

Probably not the best way to think about it though.:(

I think Ryan Wagner needs to prove he even belongs on the 25-man roster first.

Frankly, I think that the Reds wasted their 2003 first-round pick.

savafan
01-19-2006, 10:28 AM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/reds/daily/0119weathers.html

By Hal McCoy

Dayton Daily News

Coaches always tell young players, "Catch the baseball with two hands."

Don't tell that to Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher David Weathers.

Weathers suffered a torn extensor tendon in his right index finger Tuesday while playing catch. The finger is expected to be in a splint for three weeks.

Weathers told General Manager Dan O'Brien he injured the finger working out at his home in Loretto, Tenn. When he tried to catch a throw with two hands, the ball struck the tip of his right index finger. He told O'Brien he was not feeling pain, but to heal properly the finger requires a splint.

The Reds saves leader last season is not expected to miss the start of spring training in mid-February, but he won't be playing catch for a while and when he does he might want to try catching the ball with one hand.
Sponsored Links