PDA

View Full Version : Christmas!

Redsland
01-20-2006, 07:30 AM
What a glorious morning! Full of hope and excitement. I've been oh so good! I hope I get everything I asked for! Can I go downstairs yet? No, it's still too early. Mom said I have to wait until 4:00 p.m.

Ohboyohboyohboy.

KronoRed
01-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Don't be suprised if we get some of this
http://resourcescommittee.house.gov/subcommittees/emr/usgsweb/photogallery/images/Coal%20bituminous_jpg.jpg

RFS62
01-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Just say no to status quo.

wheels
01-20-2006, 09:04 AM
It's gonna be wierd to actually hear the owner speak.

I swear I never heard Carl's voice for the five years he owned the club.

Krusty
01-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Maybe it is me but I have this feeling we might have the next George Steinbrenner....only a scale down version. But it wouldn't surprise me to see the payroll to go to 80 million come 2007, and money available if some how the Reds are in contention for either the Central or wildcard spot.

MattyHo4Life
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
I hope you're right Krusty... I really do.

RBA
01-20-2006, 10:08 AM
http://www.castlechina.com/donald_duck/wdcc_scrooge_mcduck_front.jpg
Mr. Carl Lindner vacating his Great American Ballpark office.

westofyou
01-20-2006, 10:12 AM
What a glorious morning! Full of hope and excitement. I've been oh so good! I hope I get everything I asked for! Can I go downstairs yet? No, it's still too early. Mom said I have to wait until 4:00 p.m.

Ohboyohboyohboy.
Too bad the Reds are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Krusty
01-20-2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.castlechina.com/donald_duck/wdcc_scrooge_mcduck_front.jpg
Mr. Carl Lindner vacating his Great American Ballpark office.

Now that is priceless.:laugh:

Big Donkey
01-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I hate to bring the negativity before the press conference is even held, but I wouldn't look for anyone to get the ax today. Just from all the vibes I've gotten over the last several weeks... among the most maligned people in the organization, the most I can see anything changing is John Allen may get moved out of his position and into strictly a business or marketing type of job if not out of the organization (probably not yet this year). I do think they'd want their own man for the COO spot. Don't look for Dan O'Brien or Jerry Narron to get the ax. They're both only working on one-year deals, and spring training is weeks away, they're likely not gonna do anything with them, though I would expect both to be gone at the end of 2006 unless they make extraordinary strides this year, both in the farm and on the major league club. Tim Naehring I am not as sure on, but I would say he's similar as O'Brien and Narron, gets another year for the new ownership to "feel him out."

Big Donkey
01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Just another post to get me out of the "devil's number" on my post count as quickly as possible, hopefully no one minds.

Reds4Life
01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
I hate to bring the negativity before the press conference is even held, but I wouldn't look for anyone to get the ax today. Just from all the vibes I've gotten over the last several weeks... among the most maligned people in the organization, the most I can see anything changing is John Allen may get moved out of his position and into strictly a business or marketing type of job if not out of the organization (probably not yet this year). I do think they'd want their own man for the COO spot. Don't look for Dan O'Brien or Jerry Narron to get the ax. They're both only working on one-year deals, and spring training is weeks away, they're likely not gonna do anything with them, though I would expect both to be gone at the end of 2006 unless they make extraordinary strides this year, both in the farm and on the major league club. Tim Naehring I am not as sure on, but I would say he's similar as O'Brien and Narron, gets another year for the new ownership to "feel him out."

I saw your name at the end of this thread and was hoping for good news. :(

I might not even listen to the presser today, why bother, just more of the same. :thumbdown

Big Donkey
01-20-2006, 02:14 PM
I saw your name at the end of this thread and was hoping for good news. :(

I might not even listen to the presser today, why bother, just more of the same. :thumbdown

Sorry, I didn't mean to let anyone down, but with all the speculation I thought I'd post that before the press conference happened, so there would still be hope ahead, but if nothing happened, maybe it wouldn't be as much a surprise and there wouldn't be as much anger from the disappointment of nothing major happening.

Keep in mind, obviously I don't know that FOR SURE. But that is just what I gather. I mean, I don't think they'd make major wholesale changes this close to spring training. If the timing was better, if this was, say, November, when the announcement of the sale first broke publically, then I could see the wholesale changes. I do think there's a good chance stuff will happen quicker... i.e., if things are going terribly, maybe someone (in the office) gets fired DURING the season rather than waiting around. And I do think there's a good chance that lots of stuff changes after this upcoming season.

Falls City Beer
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to let anyone down, but with all the speculation I thought I'd post that before the press conference happened, so there would still be hope ahead, but if nothing happened, maybe it wouldn't be as much a surprise and there wouldn't be as much anger from the disappointment of nothing major happening.

Keep in mind, obviously I don't know that FOR SURE. But that is just what I gather. I mean, I don't think they'd make major wholesale changes this close to spring training. If the timing was better, if this was, say, November, when the announcement of the sale first broke publically, then I could see the wholesale changes. I do think there's a good chance stuff will happen quicker... i.e., if things are going terribly, maybe someone (in the office) gets fired DURING the season rather than waiting around. And I do think there's a good chance that lots of stuff changes after this upcoming season.

Dude, my expectations couldn't be any lower--you're merely stating what I've counted on for months: glaciers will go whizzing by this organization before genuine change is effected.

KronoRed
01-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Don't be suprised if we get some of this
http://resourcescommittee.house.gov/subcommittees/emr/usgsweb/photogallery/images/Coal%20bituminous_jpg.jpg
Not only did we get this but they threw it at us ;)