PDA

View Full Version : B.B. King announces final world tour

Chip R
01-20-2006, 03:01 PM
I sure hope he comes around here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060120/ap_en_mu/people_b_b__king

B.B. King Plans One More World Tour

LOS ANGELES - While other 80-year-olds might dust off their rockers, blues dynamo B.B. King will be rocking and rolling when he launches what he says will be his final world tour later this year.

King will begin an international "Farewell Tour" in March, part of a domestic tour that starts Feb. 16 in Chicago, King's publicist, Jerry Digney, said in a news release Wednesday.

King said he will continue to make U.S. concert appearances after the tour.

"I hardly remember I'm 80 unless I have to run up a hill or stairs," the singer and guitarist said . "As long as people buy my records and come to my concerts, I don't see anything else I'd like to do."

King has toured every year for 60 years, Digney said Thursday.
The musician celebrated his 80th birthday in September and released an album, "B.B. King & Friends — 80," featuring Elton John, Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, Billy Ward (http://www.redszone.com/forums/member.php?u=120) :) and other musicians.

A $10 million B.B. King museum is slated to open later this year in the Grammy winner's native Mississippi.

"I think the clock is ticking, yes," King said. "In fact, I know it is. Frank Sinatra sang about the September of (his) years. I think I'm in the November of my years."

RedsFan75
01-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Would love to go one of his shows.

Redsland
01-20-2006, 09:04 PM
One is all you need to see.

For such a huge, influential, and prolific musician, his shows are "seen one, seen 'em all."

But I'm glad I did.

Caseyfan21
01-21-2006, 01:50 AM
I believe he's in Columbus on Monday or Tuesday night if anyone is in the area and cares to see him.

SirFelixCat
01-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Saw him and Bobby "Blue" Bland a few years back...the last 45 mins of the show, they sat down with just a bass player and jammed and talked about the old days. Was something special and glad I got to see/hear. :thumbup: