PDA

View Full Version : "I came from the Red Sox, and it was all about winning, performing on the field"

WVRedsFan
01-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Jerry narron's quote from yesterday speaks volumes.

"I came from the Red Sox, and it was all about winning, performing on the field," he said. "It was more than just existing. When I got here, it was almost like the feeling was just existing."

Thus ends the Carl Lindner era. I'm not totally pleased, but I have some hope. That's a lot different than January 21, 2005 when hope was a foreign country.

iaredsfan
01-21-2006, 06:15 PM
I think that says it all about the performance of the Reds in the last few years.

TeamBoone
01-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Anyone ever think that the players are sick of it too?

Have you ever felt like that at work? I know I have, and after a while you're beaten down. You figure "what the hey?"... "if they don't care, why should I".

Perhaps that's how the team has felt over the past couple seasons. Can't say as I'd blame them.

WVRedsFan
01-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Anyone ever think that the players are sick of it too?

Have you every felt like that work? I know I have, and after a while you're beaten down. You figure "what the hey?"... "if they don't care, why should I".

Perhaps that's how the team has felt over the past couple seasons. Can't say as I'd blame them.

Absolutely.

Wasn't it Danny Graves who told Eric Milton he should come to Cincinnati because there was no pressure?

Jerry just verified Danny's comment to Milton. Sorry, Eric, but there's a new sheriff in town (and once again, it ain't Don Gullett) :-)

Barbarossa
01-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Sounds like the right situation for "Uncle Lou" to come in and shake things up a bit.:beerme:

Unassisted
01-21-2006, 09:33 PM
This is Narron's way of letting us and his new bosses know that he isn't part of that problem. He definitely has an ulterior motive for that revelation.

It'll be good to know that those who want things to change can count on Jerry to row the boat in the right direction. The question remains whether the players will be able to row hard enough to make a difference.

Falls City Beer
01-21-2006, 09:36 PM
This is Narron's way of letting us and his new bosses know that he isn't part of that problem. He definitely has an ulterior motive for that revelation.

It'll be good to know that those who want things to change can count on Jerry to row the boat in the right direction. The question remains whether the players will be able to row hard enough to make a difference.

You bet your bum that Narron's scrambling to stay on the lifeboat. To mix my metaphors, you're going to see a bunch of grown men with their claws out.