Barry Larkin
Jose Rijo
Aaron Boone
Adam Dunn
Joe Oliver
Glenn Braggs (Because he waved to me in the red seats once at Riverfront
when I was like 12 :D)
Ken Griffey Jr.

Oh yeah...and Tim Belcher because he's from my hometown.
No no, just kidding. :evil:

dougdirt
01-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Ken Griffey Jr
Dave Parker
Barry Larkin
Jose Guillen
Adam Dunn
Wily Mo Pena
Austin Kearns
Aaron Harang
Tom Browning
Eric Davis

IowaRed
01-21-2006, 05:44 PM
not in order-I know it's 11 but I could never make a list of favorites and leave any of these guys off

Tony Perez
Ken Griffey Sr
Chris Sabo
Paul Oneill
Pete Rose
Aaron Boone
Sean Casey
Johnny Bench
Joe Morgan
George Foster
Dave Concepcion

other faves-Bret Boone, Joe Oliver, Eddie Taubensee, Cesar Geronimo, Bobby Tolan, Chris Stynes, Gary Redus, Mario Soto, Reggie Sanders, Eric Davis, Hal Morris

RedLegSuperStar
01-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Ken Griffey Jr.
Joe Morgan
Johnny Bench
Eric Davis
Joe Oliver
Paul O Neill
Wily Mo Pena
Greg Vaughn
Jose Rijo
Billy Hatcher

GADawg
01-21-2006, 05:48 PM
let's see I'll go...

Johnny Bench
Chris Sabo
Eric Davis
Pete Rose
Junior
Dibble
Dunn
Gary Redus
Sparky
Joe Oliver

honorable mention
Darrell Chaney...he lives on my FedEx route and let me see his '75 championship ring once.

RFS62
01-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Johnny Edwards
Frank Robinson
Pete Rose
Johnny Bench
Joe Morgan
Tony Perez
Eric Davis
Barry Larkin
Junior Griffey
Sean Casey

iaredsfan
01-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I guess my list would begin further back, and would be hard to limit to 10 -- So I selected 10 prior to 1980, and 10 since 1980. In no particular order:

PRE-1980 POST-1980

Johnny Bench Sean Casey
Joe Morgan Buddy Bell
Johnny Temple Barry Larkin
Frank Robinson Jose Rijo
Don Gullett Rob Dibble
Vada Pinson Eric Davis
Ted Kluszewski Adam Dunn
Jim O'Toole Bret Boone
Bernie Carbo Ken Griffey, Jr.
Dave Concepcion Austin Kearns

lucky bugle boy
01-21-2006, 06:04 PM
I was born in '77, so here goes:

Eric Davis
Barry Larkin
Dave Parker
Chris Sabo
The Nasty Boys
Jason Larue
Ryan Wagner (mostly because I was at his first ML game)
Dunner
Wily Mo
Felipe Lopez

I know I've got a mid-90s to early 2000's gap, I didn't follow the Reds much for awhile.

WVRedsFan
01-21-2006, 06:05 PM
My top 10:

1. Bob Purkey - knuckleballer who always won the big games
2. Frank Robinson - nuff said
3. Vada Pinson - should be more respected
4. Jim Maloney - 3 no-hitters and blazing stuff
5. Pete Rose - off-field bahavior doesn't matter
6. Johnny Bench - no matter, the greatest catcher ever
7. Tony Perez - Doggie was all that and more
8. Eric Davis - another one who should be respected more
9. Ken Griffey Jr - Even in a body that is injury prone, the greatest
10.Adam Dunn - For what he is and what he will be

vaticanplum
01-21-2006, 07:07 PM
8. Eric Davis - another one who should be respected more

I'm always very happy with the lip service that Davis gets around here and with people who know the Reds pretty well. In general, he is not nearly as respected in baseball circles as I think he should be and this makes me upset. But for Reds fans, I think, he was wholly unforgettable.

I loved Paul O'Neill, Jose Rijo, I had an inexplicable fondness for Ron
Oester for some reason. Larkin. There are a lot of current Reds that I love a lot too -- I have unconditional love for Adam Dunn, and when Griffey plays well or says something rad it makes me want to run laps around the block. I also have always counted Johnny Bench as a favorite even though he was retired by the time I could understand the game. More than any of the BRM, he seemed to be the beloved holdover legend from the 70s.

But none of them compares to Eric Davis, whom I hold almost entirely responsible for my love of baseball. He also kind of ruined my life. When you're a kid and you have an idol like that as your first exposure to things, somebody who is SO good, so wonderful, so perfect in your eyes, and he gets hurt but keeps coming back, and then wins the World Series, and then goes away but has a fun and very emotional career to watch which involves him freaking overcoming cancer and helping some random team get to the playoffs -- while meanwhile your childhood team is becoming...well, the current Reds -- I think in some ways I was too spoiled. Had he been accused of steroids or something, maybe things would be different. As it is, now I want everybody to play like him, when in reality he may have been a once-in-a-lifetime ballplayer. But I guess I wouldn't have things any other way. God, he was just such a joy to watch.

Shaknb8k
01-21-2006, 07:15 PM
10-Sean Casey
9-Austin Kearns
8-Deion Sanders
7-Barry Larkin
6-Jason LaRue
5-Adam Dunn
4-Bret Boone
3-Chris Sabo
2-Aaron Boone
and number 1...Ken Griffey Jr.- The Babe Ruth of my generation playing for my favorite team. For most people that is only a dream. But for me as well as about everyone from my generation who is a Reds fan, that dream comes true almost every single night during the spring and summer when I get to see #30 (i guess it will be #3 this year) run out onto the field. Need I say more?

Crosley68
01-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Pete
Johnny
Davy
Lee
Tony
Jim
Klu
Joe
Ted A.
Eric
Barry

I know it's 11, so sue me. Would love to include Jose and Mario too.

westofyou
01-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Pete
Joe
Johnny
Foster
Davis
Larkin
Soto
Rijo
Dunn
Davey

MrCinatit
01-21-2006, 08:04 PM
this is a rather tough one, but here goes:
Pete Rose
Ken Griffey Jr.
Barry Larkin
Dave Concepcion
Eric Davis
John Franco
Tony Perez
Johnny Bench
Ken Griffey
Adam Dunn
this is off the top of my head and subject to change at any moment.

RollyInRaleigh
01-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Pete Rose
Johnny Bench
Tony Perez
Joe Nuxhall
Frank Robinson
Vada Pinson
Jim Maloney
Joe Morgan
Buddy Bell
Dave Concepcion

redsinraleigh
01-21-2006, 08:15 PM
11 in no particular order, couldn't cut it 10...

Bench
Rose
Concepcion
Dibble
Foster
Casey
Dunn
Perez
Davis
Rijo
Morris

Honorable mention to Hatcher for his performance in 90 WS

RedLegSuperStar
01-21-2006, 08:16 PM
10-Sean Casey
9-Austin Kearns
8-Deion Sanders
7-Barry Larkin
6-Jason LaRue
5-Adam Dunn
4-Bret Boone
3-Chris Sabo
2-Aaron Boone
and number 1...Ken Griffey Jr.- The Babe Ruth of my generation playing for my favorite team. For most people that is only a dream. But for me as well as about everyone from my generation who is a Reds fan, that dream comes true almost every single night during the spring and summer when I get to see #30 (i guess it will be #3 this year) run out onto the field. Need I say more?

I totally agree with you on Junior

UC_Ken
01-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Born in '79

1. Eric Davis- my first favorite player, I don't think anyone ever replaces your first favorite player
2. Barry Larkin
3. Ken Griffey Jr.
4. Sean Casey
5. Jose Rijo
6. Chris Sabo
7. Tom Browning
8. Adam Dunn
9. Jason LaRue
10. Aaron Harang- I think he'll shoot up this list in the next couple years, he's much better than he gets credit for. Anyone who posts 200+ IP and <4.00 ERA at Great American Launching Pad should be a Cy Young canidate.

max venable
01-21-2006, 08:37 PM
But none of them compares to Eric Davis, whom I hold almost entirely responsible for my love of baseball. He also kind of ruined my life.
Ruined your life...dude...C'mon...it's only baseball, mon!

RedsBaron
01-21-2006, 08:45 PM
The first five quickly come to mind, in no particular order:
Pete Rose
Tony Perez
Johnny Bench
Joe Morgan
Sparky Anderson

The next five are tougher:
Ken Griffey Jr.
George Foster
Dave Concepcion
Gary Nolan
Don Gullett

I definitely show a preference for the BRM of 1975-76, but they were the team of my youth, and I watched most of them from their rookie year through their final game. Junior makes the list because I like the way he's played despite injuries and the fact he's apparently done it without chemical enhancement.

But I've left out so many others.....Ted Abernathy, Clay Carroll, Pedro Borbon, Cesar Geronimo, Barry Larkin, Eric Davis, Paul O'Neill, Jose Rijo, Adam Dunn, Sean Casey, Big Klu, Nux.....

max venable
01-21-2006, 08:47 PM
You know what? I kinda hurried my first post...totally forgot about one of my very favs....Neon Deion...Prime Time. Hated him as a Brave. Loved him as a Red. I'd have to displace someone from my original top ten to include him...but I just loved the dude.

RedsManRick
01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Barry Larkin
Sean Casey
Paul O'Neil
Jose Rijo
Adam Dunn
Chris Sabo
Eric Davis
Dimitri Young
Ken Griffey Jr.
Tom Browning

schroomytunes
01-21-2006, 09:09 PM
why not? here's mine in no order:

1)Eric Davis
2)Barry Larkin
3)PETE ROSE
4)Davey Concepcion
5)Johnny Bench
6)Chris Sabo
7)Ron Oester
8)KGJ
9)Jose Rijo
10)Tom Browning

11BarryLarkin11
01-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Good topic. Here are mine in a very particular order:

1) Barry Larkin - My alltime favorite player. Could do anything on a ballfield.
2) Eric Davis - Coolest Batting Stance Ever. Awesome speed and power.
3) Aaron Boone - I love watching Boonie play. Good D, power, and speed. I wish he walked a bit more and that we still had him.
4) Deion Sanders - Not great, but great to watch.
5) Hal Morris - Never seen anyone hit that way before or since.
6) Bret Boone - He and Larkin turned some fantastic double plays.
7) Chris Sabo - Spuds. Enough said.
8) Bill Doran
9) Paul O'Neill
10) Mario Soto

And, some under the radar guys:
John Roper: I thought he was going to develop into a very good pitcher for Cincy.
Mike Frank: Saw him make a great diving catch in Candlestick Park. Needless to say, it made an impression.

dman
01-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Johnny Bench
Eric Davis
George Foster
Tony Perez
Davy Concepcion
Jose Rijo
Mario Soto
Tom Seaver
Ken Griffey, Jr.
Adam Dunn

marcshoe
01-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Tough.

1. Johnny Bench
2. Pete Rose (yeah, but as a kid....)
3. George Foster
4. Joe Morgan
5. Barry Larkin
6. Eric Davis
7. Tony Perez (this seems low)
8. KGJr.
9. Dave Concepcion
10. Gary Nolan/Don Gullett/Jack Billingham/Mario Soto

roby
01-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Frank Robinson
Vada Pinson
Pete Rose
Jim Maloney
Tony Perez
Jose Rijo
Chris Sabo
George Foster
Mario Soto
Joe Morgan

I could go another ten real easy!

kheidg-
01-22-2006, 03:42 AM
Here's my faves

Barry Larkin
Pete Rose
Deion Sanders
Ken Griffey Jr.
Austin Kearns
Jose Rijo
Wily Mo Pena
Dave Parker
Eric Davis
Mario Soto

creek14
01-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Johnny Bench
Tom Browning
Dave Concepcion
Adam Dunn
Ken Griffey Jr
Tommy Helms
Jim Maloney
Jim Merritt
Frank Robinson
Tom Seaver

RedsBaron
01-22-2006, 07:57 AM
I've already posted once on this thread, but I wanted to add that I don't believe you can ever replace the players you rooted for as a kid in your list of favorite players; it is like a first love.
I enjoyed the Reds 1990 World Champions, but I was 35 years old by then, older than the Reds players. 35 year old men don't ordinarily worship 25 year old baseball players. You cheer for them, but that's it. I think if I met Barry Larkin or Eric Davis or Jose Rijo, I could talk to them. I'd be respectful, but I would know they were just men.
Ah, but when you are a kid of 10 or 11, those players are virtually gods. If I met Pete Rose or Johnny Bench or Tony Perez, I'd be speechless at first, even now. They are the players whose photos hung on my walls as a kid, whose baseball cards I thrilled to get. I started rooting for the Reds in the spring of 1966. Rose was starting his fourth year in the majors, Perez his second. No one else who later made up the Big Red Machine was even on the scene yet. I got to see the first at bats, the first pitches of Bench, Nolan, Gullett, Concepcion, Griffey Sr.. I was already "there" when Foster, Carroll, Morgan, Billingham, Geronimo, Borbon, Norman arrived via trades. I saw them come, I saw them go. I saw them fail terribly (the 1972 World Series and 1973 NLCS) and I saw them win gloriously (the 1975-76 World Series).
The Big Red Machine was the greatest team in Reds history, but even if some future Reds team would surpass the BRM in wins and championships, no team, in no sport will ever surpass what the BRM are to me--the greatest, the most loved team of my life.
I still recall my reaction when I was at Riverfront Stadium in the summer of 2000 for ceremonies honoring Sparky Anderson's induction into the Hall of Fame. Highlights of the Big Red Machine in its prime were shown on the Stadium's screens, and then the individual members of the Big Red Machine, much older than they appeared to be in those highlights (other than Perez, who seemed not to have aged) came onto the field, one by one. Chills ran down my spine and tears came to my eyes, surprising me. That reaction expressed my love for a team and I guess my sense of what had been lost, theirs and my youth.
My ten favorite Reds of all time? Pretty much any player who wore a Reds uniform between 1966 and 1976.

Mario-Rijo
01-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Wow I thought this would be easy until I started reading names and then I was like man this will be hard. But here goes in a particular order.

1.) Barry Larkin- I could gush (and probably will) for life about him in many ways. His play in all facets were brilliant & graceful, and his class was top of the charts. Would not take ANY HOF SS over him.

2.) Eric "The Red" Davis- Barry edges Eric mainly based on longevity and production. But Eric was my 1st favorite Red who I actually watched all the time. His swing and his joy for the game are unforgettable.

3.) Jose Rijo- He had a short but productive career, but when he was on top of his game he was lights out. He also had great passion for the game and was a fierce competitor. When I think of the Reds 25 yrs from now, I will think Barry, Eric and Jose.

4.) Sparky Anderson- How can you not love Sparky. IMO He is the epitome of what a manager should be as far as being the man and character he was. I cannot speak to his x's and o's much because I am just a shade young. But the results say it all.

5.) Marty & Joe- They loved the Reds, and it showed in the way they called the game. Marty is no more critical than any other hardcore fan can be and he is usually far more right than that fan. And Joe's love for the game and his historic views were always real fun. As a team you could not have gotten better.

6.) Joe Morgan- A guy whom I never got to see play much but again the results are there. Plus I have been able to see his baseball intelligence when he does games. IMO if Joe Morgan said it, it's as close to right on as there is. (Ok I am not getting into that argument either)

7.) Dave Concepcion- I didn't watch him in his prime, but I did see him play some and his talents on the infield were 2nd to none. Going into the hole and that quick release were awesome, and his bat wasn't a detriment to his game. He should be a HOF, w/o question.

8.) Sean Casey- Class w/ a capital C. And on field he played hard 100% of the time, his passion for the game is unmatched! And if he was at the plate w/ men on and the game in the balance, it was a done deal. A winner.

9.) Chris Sabo- His approach to the game and his intensity were trademarks of his game. The best Reds 3B of my time in all aspects. Sure he had a corked bat once but hey, those goggles were the coolest.

10.) Adam Dunn- "The Future" He is a talented guy and one who works hard at his craft. Such power and discipline. I hope he stays a Red.

Honorable mentions: Marge Schott & Lou Piniella. Eddie Milner, Gary Redus, Mariano Duncan, George Foster, Ron Oester (Loyalty), Billy Hatcher, Paul O'neill, Dibble, Myers, Charlton,Tom Browning, Bret Boone, Austin Kearns. Also a special thanks to Joe Oliver and Billy Bates for my only World Series Championship!

Yachtzee
01-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Johnny Bench
George Foster
Davey Concepcion
Ken Griffey Sr.
Mario Soto
Eric Davis
Barry Larkin
Jose Rijo
Ken Griffey Jr.
Adam Dunn

RFS62
01-22-2006, 10:59 AM
I've already posted once on this thread, but I wanted to add that I don't believe you can ever replace the players you rooted for as a kid in your list of favorite players; it is like a first love.

Yeah, you're right. I left off guys I idolized as a kid, like Maloney, O'Toole, Lee May, Pinson, even Deron Johnson and Leo Cardenas. I was trying to get a representative sample of all 150 years I've been a fan, but the guys I followed as a kid will always have a special place in my heart.

Johnny Edwards was the Reds catcher when I started as a fan in '62, and I was a catcher. So he was my first favorite, along with Frank Robinson.

I'll get you yet, Milt Pappas. You can't hide forever.

westofyou
01-22-2006, 11:04 AM

True, since I was a Tiger fan until age 12 my list would change to

Pete
Kaline
Lolich
Freehan
LeFlore
Foster
Davis
Larkin
Dunn
Soto

NC Reds
01-22-2006, 11:50 AM
No particular order......

George Foster
Dave Concepcion
Pete Rose
Johnny Bench
Tony Perez
Paul O'Neill
Adam Dunn
Ron Oester
Austin Kearns
Big Klu

I could practically have placed the whole Big Red Machine starting lineup in there, but decided to sprinkle in a few names from the lean years.

Manager - Sparky Anderson

High honorable mention to Chris Sabo, Mario Soto, Tom Browning, Nasty Boys trio, Eric Davis, Bill Doran, and Hal Morris.

torn rotator
01-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Casey
Larkin
Concepcion
Bench
Dibble
Nolan
Soto
Rose
Perez
Davis

Managers:
Anderson
Piniella
Johnson
Rose
No one else

M2
01-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Barry Larkin
Eric Davis
Johnny Bench
Mario Soto
Joe Morgan
Ken Griffey Sr.
George Foster
Tom Browning
Jason LaRue
Adam Dunn

I'm sure on the order of the first five, the second five not so much. In fact 6-20 might be running in a dead heat.

KronoRed
01-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Being I've only been on board since 99..

Adam Dunn
Ken Griffey Jr.
Greg Vaughn
Dimitri Young
Barry Larkin

redsfanmia
01-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Eric Davis
Johnny Bench
Junior Kennedy
Barry Larkin
Pat Pacillo
Mario Soto
Chris Sabo
Steve Christmas
Joe Nolan
Tim Layana

dougflynn23
01-22-2006, 01:04 PM
:) It's easy to love the star players like Rose, Bench, Perez, and Davis. I have my ten, some I can't explain why, but will always hold a place as Reds whom I really liked for one reason or another...

Doug Flynn : He was very nice to me as a kid whose dad had season tickets in '75 and '76, helping me get every players autograph and giving me one of his bats on the last day of the '76 season. When I met him 28 years later at Reds Baseball Heaven, he was the same class act that he was as a player.

Don Gullett: I was a pitcher and played Knothole baseball in the '70's. He was my favorite player, and I always wore #35.

Bobby Tolan : He had his achilles surgery at the same time I was having my tonsils out at Christ Hospital. My nurse told him there was a kid upstairs who loved the Reds, and Bobby came to my room and talked about the Reds for a half hour with me. He got my address from my dad and sent me an autographed picture. No matter what he did later, I always loved Bobby Tolan.

Hal King : The greatest scrub in Reds history along with Billy Bates.

Others

Doug Bair
Tom "The Blade" Hall
Jack Billingham
Mario Soto
Gary Nolan
Bill Bonham

max venable
01-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Being I've only been on board since 99..

Adam Dunn
Ken Griffey Jr.
Greg Vaughn
Dimitri Young
Barry Larkin
You know, you're right...that one great season Vaughn had with us was special. Also, how could anyone not like a guy like Dimitri? What a character.

ghettochild
01-22-2006, 02:13 PM
born in 88

eric davis
chris sabo
adam dunn
sean casey
ryan wagner (same reason as LBB, and i talked with him while he was warming up down in houston last april)
KGJ
jose rijo
paul o'neill
aaron boone
barry larkin-went to a lot of home games at riverfront during the 95 season where he was ripping it up and all i can remember is him getting some sort of RBI at every game i went to lol. you can never go against your first favorite player.

Strikes Out Looking
01-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Johnny Bench
Joe Morgan
Barry Larkin
Joe Nuxhall
Fred Norman
Tom Hall
Eric Davis
Tom Browning
Jose Rijo
Doug Flynn

tbball10
01-22-2006, 03:34 PM
1. bip roberts
2. eric davis
3. ken griffey jr.
4. barry larkin
5. dmitri young
6. aaron boone
7. austin kearns
8. deion sanders
9. denny neagle
10. brandon claussen

im only 17 so they're all recent

MikeS21
01-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Here goes, in no order:

Tom Seaver
Mario Soto
Eric Davis
Joe Morgan
Caesar Geronimo
Nick Esasky
Sean Casey
Ken Griffey Sr.
Ken Griffey Jr.
Jose Rijo

MartyFan
01-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Seeing as how I am a child of the 70's and 80's my list goes like this.

1) Davey Concepcion
2) Tony Perez
3) Joe Morgan
4) Junior
5) Barry Larkin
6) Paul Oneil
7) Jose Rijo
8) Mario Soto
9) Sean Casey
10) George Foster

Slyder
01-22-2006, 09:12 PM
In no particular order, here are mine:

Johnny Bench
Pete Rose
Eric Davis
Jose Rijo
Barry Larkin
Sean Casey
Ken Griffey Jr.
Lou Pinella
Reggie Sanders
Adam Dunn

Honorable Mention:
Max Venable :cool:

Just for fun I'm going to try and make a lineup out of mine :) .

1 Ryan Freel 2b
2 Barry Larkin SS
3 Eric Davis CF
4 Adam Dunn LF
5 Paul O'Neill RF
6 Chris Sabo 3b
7 Todd Benzinger 1b
8 Jason LaRue C
9 Jose Rijo or any Nasty Boy Pitcher

10th man award: Austin Kearns
Fav Manager: Lou Piniella

I think you all know about the time I started watching baseball by looking at these guys.

guitarist_wo
01-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Probably in this order:

Chris Sabo
Pete Rose
Eric Davis
Johnny Bench
Barry Larkin
The Nasty Boys
Adam Dunn
Dimitri Young
Hal Morris
Sean Casey

And of course:
Marty and Joe, it wouldn't be Reds baseball without them.

NCRed
01-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Havent posted in a while . Since I have been watching/listening to Reds games since '69, I will list 10 in addition to Rose, Bench, Morgan and Perez, which represent the best of the Reds forever (IMHO)

1. Gary Nolan
2. Dave Concepcion
3. Tom Seaver
4. Mario Soto (oh, what he could have been on a team with some offense)
5. Jose Rijo
6. Eric Davis
7. Barry Larkin
8. Dave Parker
9. Chris Sabo
10. Adam Dunn

Best Manager - Sparky without a doubt

George Foster
01-22-2006, 10:23 PM
A previous post mentioned Doug Flynn. What a great guy. My wife and I had the pleasure to meet him this year at GAB for a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting. He came up to us, introduced himself, talked to us and asked us questions about our family. he even let me try on the 1976 World Series ring. A strong christian and a Kentucky boy to boot.

Pete Rose is however my favorite. I have his book, and he lives and breaths baseball. He did not play it for the money, he played it because he loved the game, and the reds. We have him to thank for our 1990 World Championship, he was the architect of that 40 man roster.

I have had several opportunities to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame and have declined. The Hall is illigtiment without him there. My first time to Cooperstown will be the day he is inducted, no matter how long it takes. Remember he averaged 200 hits for 20 years. A record that will NEVER be broken.

RFS62
01-22-2006, 11:03 PM
George, you sound like a true fan. Don't deny yourself a trip to the hall if you ever have the chance.

Pete is all over the place, anyway. His accomplishments are well documented there.

Go see the hall. You'll never get there with your current plan.

ED44
01-22-2006, 11:10 PM
This list is tougher than I expected, with the exception of ED. Here goes though:

Eric Davis
Eddie Milner
Nick Esasky
Barry Larkin
Jose Rijo
Adam Dunn
Bip Roberts
Paul O'Neill
Chris Sabo
Rob Dibble

Betterread
01-22-2006, 11:11 PM
1. Eric Davis
2. Joe Morgan
3. Jose Rijo
4. Bobby Tolan
5. Mario Soto
6. Vada Pinson
7. Johnny Bench
8. Ken Griffey, Jr.
9. Reggie Sanders
10. Chris Sabo

cumberlandreds
01-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Here's mine:

Pete Rose, the ballplayer not the person
Johnny Bench
Tony Perez
Chris Sabo
Eric Davis
Dave Concepcion
George Foster
Ken Griffey,Jr.
Gary Nolan
Lee May

savafan
01-23-2006, 10:25 AM
I can't even begin to make a list of only 10. I love most guys who have adorned the wishbone C, save for those who took years off of my life that I have mentioned in the other thread.

Roy Tucker
01-23-2006, 11:12 AM
A really tough list... I've been a Reds fan for 32 years and I've had favorite players from about each season. My list is a mix of players I've admired because of their ability and way they carry themselves and/or just favorite players from different eras.

Tom Seaver
Joe Morgan
Leo Cardenas
Johnny Edwards
Eric Davis
Tommy Harper
Ken Griffey Jr.
Johnny Bench
Sean Casey
Mario Soto

Maldonado
01-23-2006, 02:31 PM
10. Chris Sabo - loved the glasses.
9. David Wells - funny guy.
8. Paul O'Neil - great work ethic.
7. Don Gullett - underrated part of Big Red Machine
6. Ted Kluzuski - how many are old enough to remember him
5. Barry Larkin - great shortstop great player
4. Johnny Bench - greatest catcher ever.
3. Dave Concepcion - I loved the at bat constant Sign of the Cross ritual
2. George Foster - big mean power hitter.
1. Pete Rose - I don't care if he gambled away his grandmother, he's still my favorite player.

bucksfan
01-23-2006, 05:34 PM
1) Tony Perez
2) Cesar Geronimo
3) Sean Casey
4) Mario Soto
5) Hal Morris
6) Eric Davis
7) Joe Nuxhall (barely counts as I was born in '66)
8) Ken Griffey Sr.
9) Tracy Jones (sorry creek - the ballplayer, not the radio personality!)
10) Tom Browning
11) Ken Griffey Jr.

No particular order after Perez who is #1 far and away.

Heath
01-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I have lots of "dittos" up there -

A few I didn't see mentioned....

Buddy Bell
John Franco
Gary Redus

I can't just pick ten.

harangatang
01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Bob Castellini?

blake616