PDA

View Full Version : Adam Dunn - Centerfielder? (Obviously no, but could he be?)

TC81190
01-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Read:

"I think Kearns is a Gold Glove right fielder. He has a great arm, and overall heís shown he can be a real asset defensively there, and we donít want to move him. The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. We had some people in our organization who felt Lance Berkman would never be more than a DH, but heís able been able to hold his own in center. When you look at Dunn, sure, heís a big guy. But this is a guy who ran a 6.5 60. Heís a great athlete. I donít know that heís worked a whole lot on his defense yet, so heís at a point where he can grow into a position at this stage of his career. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldnít do it." - Brad Kullman

Interesting...

redsfan30
01-23-2006, 04:54 PM
That article was from 3 years ago if I remember correctly.

wheels
01-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Read:

"I think Kearns is a Gold Glove right fielder. He has a great arm, and overall heís shown he can be a real asset defensively there, and we donít want to move him. The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. We had some people in our organization who felt Lance Berkman would never be more than a DH, but heís able been able to hold his own in center. When you look at Dunn, sure, heís a big guy. But this is a guy who ran a 6.5 60. Heís a great athlete. I donít know that heís worked a whole lot on his defense yet, so heís at a point where he can grow into a position at this stage of his career. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldnít do it." - Brad Kullman

Interesting...

That was from 2003 or earlier, I believe.

Kullman was working for Jim Bowden at the time.

Adam Dunn is going to be playing first base.

Jpup
01-24-2006, 04:08 AM
That was from 2003 or earlier, I believe.

Kullman was working for Jim Bowden at the time.

Adam Dunn is going to be playing first base.

maybe, maybe not. He might be back in left when all is said and done.

buckeyenut
01-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Kearns, Pena and Dunn in OF with Jr at 1B. With Kullman in charge, that might be a possibility.

Jpup
01-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Kearns, Pena and Dunn in OF with Jr at 1B. With Kullman in charge, that might be a possibility.

or Kearns and/or Pena traded for some pitching is a possibility.

wheels
01-24-2006, 08:15 AM
maybe, maybe not. He might be back in left when all is said and done.

Could be.

redsfan30
01-24-2006, 10:28 AM
or Kearns and/or Pena traded for some pitching is a possibility.
That's the distinct impression I get from Brad.

Unassisted
01-24-2006, 01:28 PM
At least Dunn wouldn't have to worry about getting bored out in center. :)

princeton
01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
"If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldnít do it." - Brad Kullman

Brad Blindman?