PDA

View Full Version : 75-76 Reds Autographed baseball......

tomc
01-23-2006, 10:59 PM
I apologize for posting this if this is not the proper place on this board to do so :-) I actually used to hosts this site years ago for the owner :-) So that is why I came here to ask this question -

I recently came into a baseball signed by ALL team members of the 75-76 Reds - there are 26 autographs on it - the ball was in a box in a family members attic for some years I guess and now is in my possesion - not really interested in selling it at this time but am wondering what is the best way to get something like this appraised as well as find out and verify it is authentic, i have compared the signatures to ones online such as pete rose, johnny bench, joe morgan, george anderson, etc and they all look legit.....

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance and please be patient with me if I posted to the wrong place.

Tom Cuneo

Redsland
01-24-2006, 12:03 AM
I've given out this name before, although I swear I've never met the guy and have no affiliation with him, but

Steve Wolter of Sports Investments in Montgomery is the guy the Enquirer usually quotes in these matters. Google him for a phone number or address and he should be able to help you out.

jmcclain19
01-24-2006, 01:55 AM
tomc - Don't know if it helps you at all, but here is another item up for sale now along the same lines

1975 Bat with all members signatures
http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,SSM-75WSBAT0000025.html?AID=10273668&PID=1453468&SID=S2-72235-R2-0-0
Going for $1536.92

WMR
01-24-2006, 03:16 AM
Has anyone seen the Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel episode on the rampant fakes out there? They took a bunch of fake signed memorabilia and were able to get COAs from like 18 out of 20 registered "certifiers." They even took Dan Marino on ebay and looked at all of the items alleged to be signed by him and something like 70% or maybe even higher were items he said he never signed. (all with COAs)