PDA

View Full Version : Reds official RedsZone member

MartyFan
01-24-2006, 12:49 AM
I'd love the team to have someone come in here and talk too us every once in a while. Just something like a Q&A where we knew they really were listening too us.

I know DanO is gone and even after I defended him I know that is a good move. The communication thing through RedsZone would be huge...maybe do special ticket prices for specific dates where RedsZoners do a picture day or a autograph day or something like that...I am just thinking of the good will it would create and how I'd love it.

Anybody else have any fan friendly suggestions for the front office to try?

Heath
01-24-2006, 07:11 AM
One would still think you have to go through the media/PR gestapo known as Rob Butcher.

We've bugged Marc Lancaster for as long as I have been here. But, he's got a day job, or something.

KronoRed
01-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Perhaps that department is about to undergo a change

cincyinco
01-24-2006, 07:17 AM
One can only hope. I agree I think it would be cool to have someone high up on the inside care about what we have to say.. visit with the forum members.. ala theo/luchiano/orwhoever(?) on the SOS(?) boston fan board.. but i'm not holding my breath..

GIK
01-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I've thought about contacting the team to see if they'd be willing to do a written interview, at least. Maybe someone who actually has a team contact could help us out?

MartyFan
01-24-2006, 11:22 AM
The Devil Rays new owner/CEO is in their board....of course the Red Sox were already mentioned...If they want to be fan focused, this is where they could make many disciples to go and spread the word of the change in the Reds.

savafan
01-24-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm not exactly an insider, short of being a former sales representative of the company that sold the Reds offices their computers and Marty B. his own personal home PC back in 1999, but I'll see what I can accomplish, if anything.

zombie-a-go-go
01-24-2006, 12:11 PM
They can hire me to be internet liasion, 'cept they'd probably want me to learn how to spell "liasion" correctly first, or expect me to care enough to use a spell check.

If those aren't deal-breakers I'd like the job, please, Mr. Castellini.

TeamCasey
01-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Maybe someone would answer some prewritten questions. I doubt someone from the Reds would openly post. We've seen media people get harassed ruthlessly on here.

Boss-Hog
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Maybe someone would answer some prewritten questions. I doubt someone from the Reds would openly post. We've seen media people get harassed ruthlessly on here.
I'm drawing a blank, other than one talk show host who brought much of it on himself, IMO - who are we talking about?

savafan
01-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Schilling and Henry were harassed mercilessly at first over on SOSH as well, because people didn't believe it was them. Once they found out that it really was them, that stopped.

KittyDuran
01-24-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm drawing a blank, other than one talk show host who brought much of it on himself, IMO - who are we talking about?I think TC is talking about media types in general, including McCoy, Fay, Marty, Steve S., Furrball, etc. The only media that has posted on RedsZone has been Lance McAlister and maybe Marc Lancaster.

BCubb2003
01-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Why don't we go ahead and get a list of questions together? Then it'll be ready when the opportunity presents itself.

Redsland
01-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Can we restructure Wily Mo Pena's contract and send him down to the minors?

:)

BCubb2003
01-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Can we restructure Wily Mo Pena's contract and send him down to the minors?

:)

Now, it's behavior like this that just frightens the grown-ups.

Unassisted
01-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Heath is right. This will be futile as long as Rob Butcher is the gatekeeper. Unless someone above Butcher drags him into it, kicking and screaming. It's the "someone above Butcher" who needs to be approached.

Heath
01-24-2006, 01:39 PM
I do appreciate Marc keeping us up-to-date on the blog - and he does post here now and then.

I'm sorry Lance feels threatened here.

I guess we are down to Alan Cutler.... :D

Phil in BG
01-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, Mr. Castellini has stated that he wants the Reds to make the fans happy. He also wants to promote the Reds more. THis may be one little way in doing that. Rob Butcher may be on his way out too.

TeamCasey
01-24-2006, 05:28 PM
I think TC is talking about media types in general, including McCoy, Fay, Marty, Steve S., Furrball, etc. The only media that has posted on RedsZone has been Lance McAlister and maybe Marc Lancaster.

That's what I meant. We can be a pretty harsh group. I think BCubb has the right idea. Come up with a list of questions and submit them.

Heath
01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
That's what I meant. We can be a pretty harsh group. I think BCubb has the right idea. Come up with a list of questions and submit them.

we might be harsh, but some call us cute....and housebroken (well, 10 of us anyway)

:D :rolleyes::roll: :yikes:

MasonBuzz3
01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
I know DanO is gone and even after I defended him I know that is a good move. The communication thing through RedsZone would be huge...maybe do special ticket prices for specific dates where RedsZoners do a picture day or a autograph day or something like that...I am just thinking of the good will it would create and how I'd love it.

I know that the Cleveland Cavs have special ticket prices on certain games available to members of their message board. However their message board is on clevelandcavaliers.com. so that isnt that much of a pipe dream. I am in the process of trying to set-up an interview with a management level person in the marketing/sales department of the Reds for school, so I can slip a question in there about RedsZone.

TeamBoone
01-24-2006, 07:46 PM
IIRC, others who have claimed to have insider information have been ridiculed (maimed) as well. To name one, Team Clark. There have been others whose names escape me.

KittyDuran
01-24-2006, 08:11 PM
IIRC, others who have claimed to have insider information have been ridiculed (maimed) as well. To name one, Team Clark. There have been others whose names escape me.Some others are BigDonkey and Creek. And didn't Red Storm have connections as well?

Coffeybro
01-24-2006, 08:11 PM
There have been others whose names escape me.
Guess I'm easily forgotten. :confused:

GADawg
01-24-2006, 08:18 PM
i'd imagine that one of the players wouldn't mind making a cameo now and again...i'd much rather have that than one of the front office types who would most assuredly give us the corporate line on every occasion.

I used to be in a strato-league for a while that included Schilling and during the course of trade offers/negotiations and general league chatter it was interesting to get his off the cuff opinions on several of the players around the league as well as some situational stuff, etc..

harangatang
01-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Maybe you shouldn't run every newbie off, you never know who could be typing on that keyboard.

MartyFan
01-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Guess I'm easily forgotten. :confused:

Coffeybro: I appreciate that your connected to a player but I am thinking of someone in the front office...certainly we all appreciate you.

Nugget
01-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the Williams owner's sons going to be working in the marketing department - Maybe he can be the "internet liaison". We'd get baseball and ownership information then.

I would have a question though - will he have to go through the reputation system?

MartyFan
01-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I'd say give the team rep some sort of mod access...

Caveat Emperor
01-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I would have a question though - will he have to go through the reputation system?

IIRC, when the boards split back in the spring, the resident "Media Type" Mr. Marc_Lancaster was given a courtesy 200 points of reputation so that he could post on either board.

Maybe you shouldn't run every newbie off, you never know who could be typing on that keyboard.

Nobody around here "runs" newbies off. Some people, it seems to me, get frustrated that 1.) Mere assertions of their feelings on issues or unsubstantiated claims don't hold water when other people present numbers, facts, and observations to back up their points to the contrary; 2.) Their posts don't change everyone's opinion to mirror their own; and 3.) Certain issues have been so beaten to death in the past (see: Dunn, Adam and "strike out") that there is a low threshold of tolerance for points that have alread been made ad naseum. Most people get smarter (count me as one of them -- my first posts around here were horridly ignorant), others get angry.

And you're right, nobody knows who is behind the keyboard -- but I think that (like all things in life) eventually quality filters it's way through. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people living "double lives" as both insiders and message board contributors. That actually makes things a little bit fun.

Incidentally, if you are actually Aaron Harang, I'd be quite interested to know. :)

Unassisted
01-24-2006, 09:08 PM
I'd say give the team rep some sort of mod access...You want the FO to be able to delete posts about things they don't want discussed? :eek:

paintmered
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I'd say give the team rep some sort of mod access...

Not sure how MLB would feel about that considering we aren't officially affiliated with the Reds.

Nugget
01-24-2006, 09:22 PM
IIRC, when the boards split back in the spring, the resident "Media Type" Mr. Marc_Lancaster was given a courtesy 200 points of reputation so that he could post on either board.

Sorry question was tongue in cheek. Just didn't put the emoticon. Hey can I change my name - I will now be known as Mr_Castellini:jump:

Redsland
01-24-2006, 10:59 PM
The process is easy. Boss/GIK/whomever contacts the team via e-mail, inviting further contact via a phone number. Contact is made and a user name is agreed upon that gets 200 rep points. Boss/Gik/whomever introduces the new poster to the board, thereby providing verification of his/her identity. Viola! ;)

KronoRed
01-24-2006, 11:23 PM
You want the FO to be able to delete posts about things they don't want discussed? :eek:
This place would be dead :lol:

harangatang
01-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Incidentally, if you are actually Aaron Harang, I'd be quite interested to know. :)
I'm not Aaron Harang, just makin a point.

BCubb2003
01-25-2006, 02:11 AM
Viola! ;)

Former players are welcome here, even if he only pitched three games for the Reds.

Here are a few questions to put to the ownership:

What kind of say would the owner have in choosing the next manager: No say, final approval, or suggesting names?

Will the owner ever overrule the GM on a trade?

Will you be able to decide on a GM by Opening Day?

Do you expect the new GM to have experience at the GM level?

Is Adam Dunn the Mark McGwire the Reds need to become the Cardinals?

How will you turn Indianapolis, Columbus, Charleston and Lexington into a Cincinnati market?

What development possibilities are there for the sparse land around the stadium?

What can you do to improve the broadcast coverage in West Virginia, eastern Kentucky and southeastern Ohio?

What are your expectations for over-the-air TV games?

For the baseball people:

How do you feel about drafting high school pitchers vs. college pitchers?

There's been talk about the need to manufacture runs, but the Reds offense was among the league leaders in scoring runs. Do the Reds really need small ball with this lineup?

Will the homer-friendly ballpark affect your approach to drafts and trades?

Will the organization be able to sign the best available player in the draft?

How does the organization feel about giving young players at-bats vs. playing steadier players on the downhill side of their careers?

Is this team as it is now the kind that could make a pennant run, or is it a year away, or longer?

SirFelixCat
01-25-2006, 02:32 AM
FWIW, I was able to get interviews with EdE, DMos, and Bergolla year before last....

Just sayin' ;)

TeamCasey
01-25-2006, 06:38 AM
we might be harsh, but some call us cute....and housebroken (well, 10 of us anyway)

:D :rolleyes::roll: :yikes:

:laugh: :)

savafan
01-25-2006, 12:47 PM
I do know that Danny Graves used to read Redszone, but I don't know if he ever posted on here as anyone.

savafan
01-27-2006, 07:52 PM
I've sent a message to Brad Kullman, I'm waiting to hear back from him.

halcyon
01-27-2006, 10:52 PM
I don't have the slightest idea if its ever been discussed 'round these parts but there was an interesting development on a Redskins message board I've been a part of, Extremeskins.com.

The board had long been the definitive Redskins message board on the internet (like Redszone is to the Reds). It is/was quite a bit larger than Redszone but still offers the best community of fans and was the best source for breaking news. I don't have a clue as to the details of how it happened since I never followed the storyline behind it all that closely, but now Extremeskins is the "Official" message board of the Redskins. I know a rep from Daniel Snyder or the skins contacted the site admins and got the deal done. I believe Snyder even takes care of their hosting bills now, but I could be wrong. At any rate, the deal was extremely beneficial for both parties. The Skins generated plenty of goodwill from thousands of fans and got a well ran and well populated message board to add to their own site (drawing visitors). Extremeskins gets weekly interview access to a player or coach or front office type (Clinton Portis, Jon Jansen, Joe Bugel, et cetera) as well as other perks such as media access to games.

It'd be nice for Redszone and the Reds if other teams would wise up to this progressive strategy, IMO.

KittyDuran
01-27-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't have the slightest idea if its ever been discussed 'round these parts but there was an interesting development on a Redskins message board I've been a part of, Extremeskins.com.

The board had long been the definitive Redskins message board on the internet (like Redszone is to the Reds). It is/was quite a bit larger than Redszone but still offers the best community of fans and was the best source for breaking news. I don't have a clue as to the details of how it happened since I never followed the storyline behind it all that closely, but now Extremeskins is the "Official" message board of the Redskins. I know a rep from Daniel Snyder or the skins contacted the site admins and got the deal done. I believe Snyder even takes care of their hosting bills now, but I could be wrong. At any rate, the deal was extremely beneficial for both parties. The Skins generated plenty of goodwill from thousands of fans and got a well ran and well populated message board to add to their own site (drawing visitors). Extremeskins gets weekly interview access to a player or coach or front office type (Clinton Portis, Jon Jansen, Joe Bugel, et cetera) as well as other perks such as media access to games.

It'd be nice for Redszone and the Reds if other teams would wise up to this progressive strategy, IMO.I think that's what happened to a popular Browns site as well.

KittyDuran
01-27-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm really torn about the issue of getting the Reds organization involved in RedsZone. It would be exciting to have players, FO personnel and media to talk to - but OTOH RedsZone's motto is "By Reds Fans, for Reds Fans" - this is where we as fans can come to talk about the Reds with other fans.

halcyon
01-27-2006, 11:53 PM
I totally agree. How would this change by gaining an association with the Reds, though?

KronoRed
01-28-2006, 03:03 AM
I totally agree. How would this change by gaining an association with the Reds, though?
I'd fear the Reds getting upset at any "negative" content and then cutting the association unless the content was changed

MartyFan
01-28-2006, 08:29 AM
I'd fear the Reds getting upset at any "negative" content and then cutting the association unless the content was changed

In no way do I think the interaction would be a blow by blow description of what is happening in the FO...I think this ownership has thicker skin than to withdraw simply because a few hardcore fans are negative about something.

I was thinking about the idea that Pete Rose would ever work in baseball again...most of the hardcore fans would reject the idea but the average fan would LOVE to see Pete again....I'd say at the end of the day there are more average fans than hardcore fans so perhaps we have a higher interest in our thoughts than what the FO does or should.

M2
01-28-2006, 01:12 PM
I think it would be great to have someone from the Reds stop by to kick around the Reds and baseball. That person would need to understand that folks would be asking some challenging questions. I don't think anyone would be making "You suck" comments, but if a Reds official came by and said that Eric Milton will have a big year you could expect a spirited exchange on why that's as likely as him giving live birth to a coelacanth.

Just some observations, but what I've found is that media members who come on and provide good information are welcomed with open arms in these parts. Marc is a perfect example (and there have been others). When a media member comes in making party-line assertions and then insisting he/she knows better than you and I because he/she gets to hang out with jocks, well that doesn't go over so well (and, iirc, that was specifically the wall that Lance rammed himself into).

Insider info follows a different vein. Good insider info, the kind that's long on specifics, is always welcome. Big Donkey, hands down and going away, is the best we've ever had in this respect. I don't know where he gets his stuff from, but he's up front about what's in the talking stages and what's getting serious attention. He's almost always got the news before it hits the wires. We're lucky to have him. I should note that as great a resource as he is, he never plugs himself.

The kind of insider info that's gotten criticism in the past tends to incorporate multiple sins. It's too vague. It's well after the fact. It's more about whose tongue was wagging than what that tongue was saying. Sometimes I get the distinct impression that folks claiming insider connections don't really know that much and are trying to convince themselves (and the rest of us as an extension) that they do. At least that's my take. Information quality counts. That's not a knock on any specific poster (we've had a broad swath of people over the years with Reds connections), just noting that detail and making sure the information is in its proper context seems to get much better reception.

halcyon
01-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I agree with the above. Some message boards tightly moderate things like chats with team personnel by having members submit questions beforehand and conducting the interview via phone later and posting the results. It does not appear to dilute the quality of the information.

And Krono, I would hope that any association Redszone had with the Reds (in my dream scenario) would be one in which they would be professional enough to understand some of the riff raff that a message board attracts and let it roll off their backs.

GIK
01-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Let me know if anyone is successful in contacting the FO and I'll do my best to facilitate any sort of interaction.

savafan
01-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Let me know if anyone is successful in contacting the FO and I'll do my best to facilitate any sort of interaction.

To GIK,

check your private messages :)

To everyone else,

The front office is very familar with Redszone, and it should just be a matter of time. Let the excitement build.

halcyon
01-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Thats good to hear (despite being a bit cryptic :)), sava. I hope it works out to be advantageous for everyone.

GIK
01-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the PM, sava. VERY interesting. I will send an email over to the FO tonight when I am on my home computer. Thanks!!!

BTW, everyone, start to think of questions you'd like to ask the Front Office...

ghettochild
01-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Awesome!

wheels
01-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Oh man, that would be an out and out slam dunk.

M2
01-29-2006, 04:02 PM
To GIK,

check your private messages :)

To everyone else,

The front office is very familar with Redszone, and it should just be a matter of time. Let the excitement build.

Cool stuff.

Though I wonder how many are familiar and like us vs. how many are familiar and hate us.

max venable
01-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Well, Mr. Castellini has stated that he wants the Reds to make the fans happy. He also wants to promote the Reds more. THis may be one little way in doing that. Rob Butcher may be on his way out too.
I would like to see Mr. Butcher shown the exit. That dude is a major league weasel.

RFS62
01-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Cool stuff.

Though I wonder how many are familiar and like us vs. how many are familiar and hate us.

True enough.

I posted a thread in December about making contact with the new administration, and the more I thought about it, the more problematic it seemed.

Especially when so many of us were calling for DanO's head the last few weeks.

I hope it works out, and we can establish some kind of regular contact. But I wouldn't want to sacrifice the willingness to speak freely for fear of making them mad.

paulrichjr
01-29-2006, 04:20 PM
True enough.

I posted a thread in December about making contact with the new administration, and the more I thought about it, the more problematic it seemed.

Especially when so many of us were calling for DanO's head the last few weeks.

I hope it works out, and we can establish some kind of regular contact. But I wouldn't want to sacrifice the willingness to speak freely for fear of making them mad.

Making them mad??? Who cares if they are? What are they going to do? Stop coming here and answering questions.

I personally think that this would be a very cool thing and it would not stop me or anyone else of being critical when needed.

Caveat Emperor
01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Cool stuff.

I guess this will truly test the old question "Is there really no such thing as bad publicity?"

Personally, I think it'd be amusing to find out that, at some point, two members of the Reds front office were discussing something they read on here.

Suit #1: "So, you been on RedsZone today?"
Suit #2: "Yeah, I saw Steel busted your Kearns-for-Westbrook idea pretty bad"
Suit #1: "You can't make those idiots happy -- they're screaming for groundball pitchers one day, then they rake you over when you try to bring one in."
Suit #2: "Well, I gave him rep points for it."

RFS62
01-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Making them mad??? Who cares if they are? What are they going to do? Stop coming here and answering questions.

I personally think that this would be a very cool thing and it would not stop me or anyone else of being critical when needed.

Nor would it stop me. But do you think DanO would be showing up here if he were still in power after the last month?

I'm not suggesting that anyone or anything would change, but I'm also not oblivious to the potential problems.

bucksfan
01-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I guess this will truly test the old question "Is there really no such thing as bad publicity?"

Personally, I think it'd be amusing to find out that, at some point, two members of the Reds front office were discussing something they read on here.

Suit #1: "You can't make those idiots happy -- they're screaming for groundball pitchers one day, then they rake you over when you try to bring one in."

Funny stuff...:laugh:

Yachtzee
01-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Anytime you have more interaction between the team and the fans, it's a good thing. I look forward to whatever GIK and Boss might be able to work out, if they can hook up with the Reds FO.

Yachtzee
01-29-2006, 06:24 PM

Or how about this post exchange, when someone's cover is blown?:

Poster #1: Hey, I know you. You're Adam Dunn, aren't you?
SacFlyKing: I'm sorry, you must be confused. I'm just another poster here. I'm not a ballplayer.
Poster #2: No way, you're definitely Dunn. Creek loves you and a lot of us dig your OPS, but my dad thinks you strike out too much.
SacFlyKing: Listen, whoever you are. I've been hearing that crap ever since A Ball. I'm out there getting big hits and working the count every night. Let's see your old man stand in against major league pitching 4 times a night and not K a few times.

(apologies to "Airplane!")

cincinnati chili
01-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Or how about this post exchange, when someone's cover is blown?:

Poster #1: Hey, I know you. You're Adam Dunn, aren't you?
SacFlyKing: I'm sorry, you must be confused. I'm just another poster here. I'm not a ballplayer.
Poster #2: No way, you're definitely Dunn. Creek loves you and a lot of us dig your OPS, but my dad thinks you strike out too much.
SacFlyKing: Listen, whoever you are. I've been hearing that crap ever since A Ball. I'm out there getting big hits and working the count every night. Let's see your old man stand in against major league pitching 4 times a night and not K a few times.

(apologies to "Airplane!")
:laugh:

cincinnati chili
01-29-2006, 06:39 PM
if a Reds official came by and said that Eric Milton will have a big year you could expect a spirited exchange on why that's as likely as him giving live birth to a coelacanth.

http://www.ksu.edu/sasw/comoros/sonia%20+%20coelacanth.jpg

Cyclone792
01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Both John Henry and Curt Schilling have posted at SoSH. IIRC, the big thing they were concerned about (especially Schilling) was a member of the media taking information they posted on the forums and printing it in the papers. In fact, in some of Schilling's posts he ended with a warning to the media that if they want to talk to him about anything he said, they know where his locker is located and know of other means of reaching him.

GIK
01-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Email sent. Thanks again, sava, for the introductions. Hopefully some great back-and-forth with come from all of this.

Ron Madden
01-29-2006, 11:00 PM
This is a Great Idea :clap:

Can't wait to read the Q&A threads !

TylerScottDavis
01-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Just thought I'd throw a little bit out there. I went to the Reds caravan last night in Nicholasville, and mentioned Redszone to Coffey, Kearns and PhilCast. All three, and of course Todd, said they knew of the site, so we're definitely not an unknown. And you know that if Todd and Austin know about the site, then most of the club probably does.

M2
01-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Just thought I'd throw a little bit out there. I went to the Reds caravan last night in Nicholasville, and mentioned Redszone to Coffey, Kearns and PhilCast. All three, and of course Todd, said they knew of the site, so we're definitely not an unknown. And you know that if Todd and Austin know about the site, then most of the club probably does.

Hey Austin! More cardio kickboxing!

savafan
01-30-2006, 10:57 AM
I would like to ask the FO who currently on the roster are they looking to build the team around in the future. Who do they view as the catalyst for the Reds beyond 2006?

Also, why should the fans come out to the park to watch the 2006 Cincinnati Reds?

I'd be interested in hearing the answers to those questions.

TeamBoone
01-30-2006, 01:35 PM
I went to the Reds caravan last night in Nicholasville, and mentioned Redszone to Coffey, Kearns and PhilCast.

So, the million dollar question... how did Austin look?

Chip R
01-30-2006, 01:42 PM
So, the million dollar question... how did Austin look?

Judge for yourself. Looks like he's been booed too much, though. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/9y8ds

TeamBoone
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Oh, Chip... that was a cruel joke... but extremely funny!

I'm glad I flipped back through the pictures to find these... he looks good!!!!! :thumbup: In fact, I think he looks like he's lost even more weight.

KronoRed
01-30-2006, 02:18 PM
That is some work out..the years just fall right off :lol:

TeamBoone
01-30-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't get what you're inferring, Krono. Were they not from this year?

I thought they were since, Todd Coffey looks exactly the way he did last night on Sports of All Sorts, right down to how his facial hair is trimmed (which is different from last year).

KronoRed
01-30-2006, 02:25 PM
I meant the picture of the kid TB ;)

KittyDuran
01-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Hmmm... I just noticed that the word official is misspelled in the title of this thread...:)

Caveat Emperor
01-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Hmmm... I just noticed that the word official is misspelled in the title of this thread...:)

We'll get the Ass. GM to fix it. :evil:

Redsland
01-30-2006, 02:35 PM
We'll get the Ass. GM to fix it. :evil:

RedsManRick
01-30-2006, 02:50 PM
My question for a future Q&A would be the Narron comments about Encaracion/Aurilia comment. What does Encarcion need to do to get the majority of the playing time in 2006? Further, does the FO believe the possible gains of playing Aurilia over Encarnacion in '06 merit holding back Encarnacion's development and thus performance in future years?

TeamBoone
01-30-2006, 03:24 PM
I meant the picture of the kid TB ;)

I realized that about 10 minutes after I posted my dumb response. :rolleyes: