PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The Next GM

Krusty
01-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Who do you think will be the next GM of the Reds?

Boss-Hog
01-24-2006, 11:09 AM
I added a few more rumored choices to the poll. I hope you don't mind, Krusty.

Coffeybro
01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
I have a feeling it will be Kullman for at least for this season.

baseballPAP
01-24-2006, 11:23 AM
If wishes were hires......

BrooklynRedz
01-24-2006, 11:28 AM
I went with DePo if only out of interest to see what he could accomplish. Given his exit from LA, he's likely hungry to prove his critics wrong.

MikeS21
01-24-2006, 11:42 AM
I voted for Beattie, because the question was asked "Who you you think will be the new GM." I think Beattie will get the job.

Who I WANT is another story. In this order, here's my choices:

1) DePodesta
2) Krivsky
3) Kullman

Puffy
01-24-2006, 11:44 AM
I voted for Beattie, because the question was asked "Who you you think will be the new GM." I think Beattie will get the job.

Who I WANT is another story. In this order, here's my choices:

1) DePodesta
2) Krivsky
3) Kullman

I went with Kullmen for the same reason - I think its either him or Beattie right now.

Who I WANT:

(1) DePodesta
(2) Antonetti
(3) Wren
(4) Krivsky
(5) Kullmen

MikeS21
01-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Antonetti would be an interesting choice because I really like what the Indians have done with their minor league system. I could live with Antonetti.

Reds4Life
01-24-2006, 11:54 AM
I voted for Beattie, but if he's the choice I'll be disappointed. Cast should put on a full court press to get DePodesta, but I doubt it will happen. :(

KronoRed
01-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I hope it's someone who has never been a GM before, or if they have been..that they have a LOT of success

Heath
01-24-2006, 12:20 PM
I vote for Raisor.

Puffy
01-24-2006, 12:24 PM
I vote for Raisor.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/916060/raisor.jpg

KronoRed
01-24-2006, 12:26 PM
That would help attendance

CincyRedsFan30
01-24-2006, 12:41 PM
I voted for Kullman. I get the impression that he and Krivsky could end up being at the front of the list (at least out of the names that have been mentioned thus far).

top6
01-24-2006, 01:28 PM
I voted for Kim Ng. I don't think that will happen, but out of everyone so far she is my favorie. I admit, I think it would be a neat historical moment as well - first woman GM.

But I really haven't researched this closely.

Unassisted
01-24-2006, 01:33 PM
If he were listed, I would vote for John Mozeliak, the Cards Assistant General Manager and Director, Baseball Operations.

PuffyPig
01-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm betting on Pete Rose.

NC Reds
01-24-2006, 03:21 PM
I voted for Beattie because he seems to be tight with Cast. I would much prefer Kullman. Beattie's track record is not that great in my opinion and I would be disappointed at that choice as GM.

Caveat Emperor
01-24-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm leaning towards saying it'll be Kullman. We'll get a good indication as to how much of a "foot in the door" he has over the next couple weeks. If Casty is going to let him wheel and deal prior to spring training, then that's probably a good indication that he trusts him enough to make him a permenant hire.

I'm just hoping it's not this Beattie guy. He does NOT fit the mold of what we're looking for in a GM at all (neither does Kullman, for that matter, but I'll take the devil I don't know in this situation as opposed to the guy with the track record of being in charge of losing ballclubs).

I'm actually considering sending a resume to the Reds as soon as the new GM is hired to see if they're looking for an assistant GM who brings nothing to the table.

QUALIFICATIONS: Angry internet message board poster.

CrackerJack
01-24-2006, 06:42 PM
If he were listed, I would vote for John Mozeliak, the Cards Assistant General Manager and Director, Baseball Operations.

A name that should probably be brought up more often, or at all.

cincinnati chili
01-24-2006, 11:33 PM
If Antonetti were hired as GM, I imagine that Brad Kullman's input would be welcomed. Kullman oversaw the Reds' computerized advanced scouting stuff, and Antonetti helped build the Indians' computer system from the ground up. They are both data driven people. Nerdy on the inside. Very presentable and telegenic on the outside. I happen to know that they both had the same Sport Marketing professor in graduate school, for what it's worth.

Ben Cherington, the Red Sox' GM-for-the-winter got brought in from Cleveland years ago, in lange part because of his know-how of the Indians' computer systems.

If we get Antonetti, we get the Indians' trade secrets.

While the produce business isn't exactly high tech, Castellini is a top notch business guy, and I'm sure understands that this should be a major consideration.