PDA

View Full Version : Reds Minor League Player of the Year

RedsIn07
01-24-2006, 10:26 PM
So with all the talk fo the new ownership, Dan O's firing, and speculation of a new GM and the 15 threads to go with it, I figured why not a thread for this.

With the Reds minor league system being as wak as it is and as weak as it was last year who would your player of the year be?
Why? Please back up your answer.
If he's from the 05 draft class is it because the Reds system is just that weak?

The Reds announce the Minor League Player of the year tomorrow night (1/25) at the La Salle Sports Stag.

IslandRed
01-24-2006, 10:49 PM
My vote would be for Travis Wood, even though he was an '05 draftee. "Dominant" isn't a word that has been used often about Reds minor-leaguers, or at all recently in the case of Reds farmhand pitchers, so for that, he deserves it.

dougdirt
01-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Chris Denorfia, hands down. No one else is even close. There were no standout pitchers other than Travis Wood, but he didnt pitch enough to warrant real consideration. Only guy I see close to the production, is Adam Rosales, but he still was drafted this year, but played with Billings and Dayton while Denorfia did it at Chattanooga and Louisville.

He hit .330 and .310, 7 and 10 home runs, 26 and 61 RBI and slugging of .564 and .507