PDA

View Full Version : Another suggestion for a cleveland trade..

REDREAD
01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
This is Krusty's trade, modified.

How about sending them Ed Encarcion and Pena for Coco Krisp and Sowers.

The Indians need a 3b and an OF to replace Krisp.

The Reds improve their OF defense, get pitching to build on and retain payflex.

I think I would do this one. As much as I'd hate to lose EdE, we need premium young pitching more. I'm willing to play stopgaps at 3b until we get the pitching puzzle solved.

Don't know if the Indians do this deal, but it certainly helps them (both shortterm and longterm).

dougdirt
01-25-2006, 01:24 PM
No way they give up Sowers for anyone from the Reds that doesnt include Adam Dunn along with other players.
Jeremy Sowers is one of their top prospects, if not they top prospect they have. He is young and very talented at a position that is a lot more desirable than third or outfield.

I would love the trade proposed, but I just dont think they go for it.

ED44
01-25-2006, 01:28 PM
We couldn't get Sowers for Pena & EdE, not to mention Crisp too.

If we could, then ABSOLUTELY....pull the trigger....yesterday...but, there is no way you get Sowers, unless there is a guy named Dunn involved, imo.

KronoRed
01-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Who plays 3rd?

If you say Aurilia I'll coming after you RedRead ;)

rdiersin
01-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't do this deal. I think Freel could give us similar defense in CF to Coco Crisp, with a lot more obp. Sure, I'd like to see Sowers in a Reds uniform, but I wouldn't give up Pena and EE for Sowers and Crisp. Just MO.

ED44
01-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Who plays 3rd?

If you say Aurilia I'll coming after you RedRead ;)

Fine...they can keep Aurillia at 2B...let Womack man 3rd! :explode:

All kidding aside, IF (and there is no way it's possible) the Reds could make that deal happen, then we should worry about 3B later. Sowers & Bailey would be 2 cream of the crop pitching prospects.

I don't think any deal for Sowers is possible, unless it involves Dunn though.

Heath
01-25-2006, 02:21 PM
:shakesheadindisgust:

Hondo
01-25-2006, 09:20 PM
I am glad this came up again...No fool would Trade Adam Dunn for Sowers straight up...AD is a proven commodity...although he is taking on the Reggie Jackson career K record year by year...Sowers is now worth an "Adam Dunn."

I mean, lets trade Womack for Dontrelle Willis....That is a doable trade...

See how silly I sound?? Well..."No way does Cleveland trade Sowers unless Dunn is involved.", sounds the same way...

Would Cleveland trade Crisp and Sowers for Edwin and Pena?? Probably not and I would not want to do that anyway...EE might become a stud and WMP just needs 500 consistent "AB's" and we'll see a FIREWORKS SHOW in Cincinnati this year!!!

JaredRoberts.com

REDREAD
01-26-2006, 05:15 PM
I agree that Cleveland probably doesn't do it. Although I don't think it's that bad of a deal for them.. maybe if the Reds could sweeten it up a bit.

pedro
01-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Jeremy Sowers is a very good prospect but if he was a sure thing and ready to pitch in the majors, he'd already be doing it. While I agree that it is easier to replace/acquire 1B/OF's pitchers I think trading Dunn for Sowers straight up is too risky.

Nugget
01-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think you trade proven players with a high ceiling for a single rookie. If you look when Atlanta and St Louis when they traded for young pitchers they had already established themselves in the majors. It would be like asking the Rangers for Texeria in exchange for Bailey.

pedro
01-26-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't think you trade proven players with a high ceiling for a single rookie. If you look when Atlanta and St Louis when they traded for young pitchers they had already established themselves in the majors. It would be like asking the Rangers for Texeria in exchange for Bailey.

Sowers is a much better bet to succeed than Bailey but I see what you are saying.

Nugget
01-26-2006, 06:44 PM
But then Dunn's a better hitter than Texeria.:evil:

Raisor
01-26-2006, 07:27 PM
I...although he is taking on the Reggie Jackson career K record year by year...

That and 563 homers get you into the Hall of Fame.

Just sayin.

chicoruiz
01-26-2006, 08:21 PM
...Maybe if we did that deal we could move Kearns to third....

...Nah, it's too crazy; only an idiot would think of something like that...

DoogMinAmo
01-26-2006, 11:49 PM
What about EdE, Pena, and Homer for Crisp and Sowers? Seems a lot more even, and therefore a tough call. Trading top prospects, and a future 3B stud and mammoth of an OF for a more polished one? Would you do it?

SteelSD
01-27-2006, 12:08 AM
What about EdE, Pena, and Homer for Crisp and Sowers? Seems a lot more even, and therefore a tough call. Trading top prospects, and a future 3B stud and mammoth of an OF for a more polished one? Would you do it?

For that, I want Ryan Garko coming back the Reds way as well. And I'd be willing to include Kearns instead of Pena to get it. Heck, I'd throw in any other single tradeable prospect the Indians would want if that would be enough. They love Sowers, but there's a point at which you have to re-evaluate.

Batting Order 2006:

2B- Ryan Freel
CF- Covelli Crisp
RF- Adam Dunn
LF- Ken Griffey Jr.
1B- Ryan Garko
SS- Felipe Lopez
C- Larue/Valentin
3B- Rich Aurilia

Yes, for that return, I would live with Rich Aurilia manning third base. What to do with Pena? Send him to Anaheim for one of the bajillion MLB-ready prospects they don't seem to want to actually give a position to (among other possibilities).

pedro
01-27-2006, 12:53 AM
I like that Steel. Is Sowers ready this year IYO?

Krusty
01-27-2006, 01:07 AM
I was thinking, I would pull the trigger to a Kearns for Westbrook deal especially if we could get RHP Fernando Cabrera in the deal. Of course we might have to add a player to the deal.

KronoRed
01-27-2006, 02:01 AM
Kearns for Westbrook is heavily in the Indians favor, they should throw in the prospects, not us.

SteelSD
01-27-2006, 02:29 PM
I like that Steel. Is Sowers ready this year IYO?

IMO, no. He needs time in AAA. But he's the right age and, thusfar, has had the right kind of success that he may not need an entire year in AAA.