PDA

View Full Version : Interesting note on Castellini

writerdan33
01-26-2006, 03:33 PM
I talked to one of the St. Louis broadcasters earlier this week, and asked him what he or anyone else in the city thought about Castellini.

He said that, as far as the Cards ownership group was concerned, Castellini was a virtual unknown. There were about four members of the group, led of course by Cincinnatian Bill DeWitt, who were the "out-front" guys. Castellini was never any kind of public factor in St. Louis at all.

Looks like he saved it all for Cincinnati. So far, I like what I see. Hold folks accountable for what they do. Make your decisions based on that accountability.

Sounds like such a simple concept, doesn't it?

Unassisted
01-26-2006, 03:35 PM
I have a lot of respect for leaders who do a lot of listening before they open their mouth to give orders. Sounds like Castellini operates that way.

Phil in BG
01-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Castellini seems so different than most public figures. There isn't the political dancing around questions. He is very straight forward. Remember when we has to guess what the payroll would be? or what will happen if we're contending in July and need help? Not with this man.

writerdan33
01-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Castellini seems so different than most public figures. There isn't the political dancing around questions. He is very straight forward. Remember when we has to guess what the payroll would be? or what will happen if we're contending in July and need help? Not with this man.

Exactly. Straightforward. Next to nothing in the way of gray area. You want to know what I think? Here it is.

Wish more folks were that way. Would save a lot of time in my day...:D

Phil in BG
01-26-2006, 04:14 PM
It's no wonder Dan O'Brien didn't last a week. The epitomy of political speak.

Bob Borkowski
01-26-2006, 05:50 PM

Agreed.

Hey, Phil, really good to have you back with us.:beerme: Did the Castellini arrival bring you back?:)

Phil in BG
01-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks Bob, the Castellini thing prompted me to post. I've been reading daily though. This appears to be the best thing that's happened to the Reds in years. The only time since the 90 series that I have been as excited as this was when they brought Junior home.

bucksfan
01-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, good to see you back in these parts, Phil.

I too now hold out more hope than I did a week ago. I'll alwauys follow the Reds, but the Womack really had me throwing my hands up.

KronoRed
01-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Probably took one conversation to convince Casty to fire him.

MattyHo4Life
01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I never heard of him mentioned regarding the Cardinal Ownership. Although, I'd want any member of that group to make decisions for my team. Whether he was very public or not, he's been a part of a group that took a bad team and made them competetive again. He knows that it takes an investment in the team to gain fan support again.