PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Reportedly Interested In Kearns

RedLegSuperStar
01-27-2006, 05:32 AM
On the verge of signing Sammy Sosa, Leather Pants isn't stopping there...

A source told MLB.com that Nationals GM Jim Bowden has been in trade discussions with the Reds.

Bowden is likely interested in both Adam Dunn and Austin Kearns, though he wouldn't seem to have the artillery to get a Dunn deal done. Even a Kearns acquisition would be quite an accomplishment. John Patterson can't be on the table, so Bowden doesn't have the quality starter that the Reds would want. An offer of Ryan Church and Gary Majewski or Luis Ayala probably wouldn't get the job done.

Nationals.mlb.com

SirFelixCat
01-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Dunn? Not enough on that entire team.

Kearns? Starts and ends with Patterson

TeamCasey
01-27-2006, 06:00 AM
"Rumor: Kearns to Nationals" will sit with folks better.

macro
01-27-2006, 08:50 AM
I agree, TC. The thread starter isn't online right now, so I went ahead and changed it.

KronoRed
01-27-2006, 09:11 AM
So they want to toss a bunch of junk at us for Kearns?

No thanks

SirFelixCat
01-27-2006, 09:35 AM
So they want to toss a bunch of junk at us for Kearns?

No thanks

Funny you mention that. I was listening to XM MLB last night and a Boston homer called in asking if the hosts think that instead of dealing with Cleveland for Crisp, should they try and deal straight with the Reds and try and get Dunn instead of Kearns...

Here is the kicker...he said "even if we have to give up, say, Kevin Youkalis (sp?) and a low level prospect to get him...think it would be worth it?"

As if the Reds are to just hand away any and every star player to the guys in Boston or NY? Grrrrr that irked me something awful last night. You win one championship in the last century and now you're all big n bad...grrrrr.

creek14
01-27-2006, 10:56 AM
This is not a surprise, right? Wasn't Jimbo giving a come to DC pitch to A and A back when the Nats were in town?

dougflynn23
01-27-2006, 11:39 AM
:) Here we go, Mr. Kullman. Make a splash. Let's offer your former boss Austin Kearns, Tony Womack, and Wily Mo Pena for Alfonso Soriano, Ryan Church, and Darrell Rasner. Frees up the Soriano situation in Washington, and gives the Reds the flexibility to play Freel every day in LF and have a Church/Denorfia platoon in RF. True, Soriano can walk at the end of 2006, but the Reds would have a season to show him both the love and the money that might convince him to stay. I like Church and Rasner as much as I like Kearns and Pena. I'd explore this if Mr. Castellini will approve the budget.

westofyou
01-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Soriano is a most overrated player.. I want no part of his poor fielding and massive paycheck.

TeamSelig
01-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Kearns and Dave Williams for John Patterson

Doubtful that Washington does that though.

Red Leader
01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Kearns and Dave Williams for John Patterson

Doubtful that Washington does that though.

Think BIG!

Kearns / Milton / Womack / Germano for Patterson / Church / Vidro / Majewski

Yeah, I like that one.

deltachi8
01-27-2006, 12:59 PM
:) Here we go, Mr. Kullman. Make a splash. Let's offer your former boss Austin Kearns, Tony Womack, and Wily Mo Pena for Alfonso Soriano, Ryan Church, and Darrell Rasner. Frees up the Soriano situation in Washington, and gives the Reds the flexibility to play Freel every day in LF and have a Church/Denorfia platoon in RF. True, Soriano can walk at the end of 2006, but the Reds would have a season to show him both the love and the money that might convince him to stay. I like Church and Rasner as much as I like Kearns and Pena. I'd explore this if Mr. Castellini will approve the budget.

The nAts can keep Soriano, thans but no thanks.