PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Rich Aurilla?

Barbarossa
01-27-2006, 11:59 PM
The Red Sox said they had two holes to fill. Now that they have addressed the center field problem it still leaves SS to plug. At present their roster lists Alex Cora and a rookie Ajejandro Machaco as SS. They feel the need, and I can see why, with Cora"s OBP .275 and SLG of.332. Now being that the Reds are blessed with a surplus of infielders do 'ya think they might entertain the thought of trading one? I say we foster off ole Rich for a pitching prospect or two. The Sox have plenty of kids on their 40-man roster to choose from. Probably fair to say we can forget about Papelbon, Lester and Delcarmen. But what about Pauley, DiNardo or Van Buren? Don't know if anything is left in the free agent market, SS wise for the Sox to sign but couldn't be much. Aurillia's cheap too. I guess it boils down to would ya get more for him now or at the deadlind? I say trade him now if you can, that way we can't hear him moan about not starting everday. That's gotta be worth something!:beerme:

Dayton Red
01-28-2006, 12:19 AM
If Boston wanted him they could have signed him...nobody wanted him but our Reds

Patrick Bateman
01-28-2006, 12:30 AM
If Boston wanted him they could have signed him...nobody wanted him but our Reds

They didn't want him enough to surrender their 1st round pick.

It's conceivable that they might give us something less than that value for him.

Dayton Red
01-28-2006, 12:32 AM
That's true, I hate to see him take at bats away from EE but you can see it happening. For that reason I wish yhe Red Sox would want him

Topcat
01-28-2006, 12:33 AM
old crayons lets ask for that :thumbup:

cincinnati chili
01-28-2006, 12:34 AM
He's untouchable. No way you trade Rich Aurilia.

marcshoe
01-28-2006, 12:37 AM
He's untouchable. No way you trade Rich Aurilia.

C'mon, he's no Tony Womack....:p:

TeamBoone
01-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Trade him? In a heartbeat.

pedro
01-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I prefer Aurilia, given that he is a sub, over Womack. But yeah I'd trade him.

Aronchis
01-28-2006, 12:49 AM
I would get rid of Womack and Aurilia and let Bergolla get some time.

pedro
01-28-2006, 12:56 AM
I would get rid of Womack and Aurilia and let Bergolla get some time.

I'm sceptical that Bergolla will ever hit, I think he needs more time at AAA to work on that. I do believe he's a better prospect than Olmedo, who I'm not sure is even that good a fielder at this point.

Redsland
01-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Without Aurilia, our Pythagorean Leadership goes down by 11, maybe 12. And there's only about two other people on our 40-man who know how to win. That's not enough if we're going to turn this thing around.

pedro
01-28-2006, 12:58 AM
TMBS, if the Reds hadn't signed RA or traded for Womack, I'd be OK with Bergolla getting some time, but now that the money's committed to those guys I'd wait till they played themselves off the roster, before just cutting those guys. If they could be traded, sure.

Phhhl
01-28-2006, 02:36 AM
Would this club have signed Aurilia if the RCast era could have begun a month earlier? That's what I want to know. Narron seems to be the guy that really pushed for Rich to return, as I recall DanO very clearly dismissing the very suggestion of it as a possibility as recently as last September on Lance's show. General Math indicates Narron may be more challenged in terms of baseball savvy than the former gm. I have no idea why the new ownership is wasting time with Narron as manager when they show so much promise at higher levels. Adam Dunn will be hitting 6th and Aurilia will be on pace for 500
ab's if Forest Gump has his way.

In short, if the Reds could trade away an aging prima donna with delusions of grandeur after the entire league showed absolutely no interest in his services all winter I will be convinced that The Lord has finally delivered on millions of prayers by Reds fans worldwide and rescued this franchise from the clutches of Satan.

Since I am not inclined to such drama, I will have to believe it will be a cold day in hell before any team would have interest in dealing for him.

wheels
01-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Well, for what it's worth today at the caravan stop in Columbus Jerry said that the thrid base job was basically Edwin's to lose and that there was no way to really make Rich happy.

He said this after someone actually asked him if there was any way to make Aurilia happy.

pedro
01-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Now that DanO is gone all bets are off IMO. I really believe EE is going to have to collapse to lose the 3B job now. No sane GM is going to let Narron play RA over EE unless EE implodes. I never believed DanO when he claimed he didn't influence the lineups. If I was a GM you can sure bet I would. Hell, Billy Beane dictated that Art Howe stand on the top step of the dugout, to think that a GM wouldn't have input on the depth chart is inconceivable to me. I'm sure it happens, but you'd have to be a sucker IMO to let a manager start players on a regular basis unless you agreed with it. I'm not saying that the GM should phone in the lineup daily, but if the manager isn't giving enough playing time to the players that the GM thinks should be playing then i do think the GM should step in.

Somebody said something about Mike Schmidt and Kelly Paris. I happen to agree.

Hell EE is better than David Bell and he's getting thrown out there every day.

KronoRed
01-28-2006, 03:50 AM
I still think 'old school' Narron is going to play Womack and Aurilia way more then nessary, I'm not looking forward to hearing "well he was a tough lefty so we brought in the experience"

Oh..I'd trade Aurilia for a cheeseburger.

TC81190
01-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Oh..I'd trade Aurilia for a cheeseburger.

Why though, Krono? You know the stats....Aurilia could've been FeLo last year, minus the D. They both had an extremely close line.

If this were, say, the BoSox, I'd start Rich at SS in a heartbeat.

Crosley68
01-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I think that Rich is better than most people believe, but not as good as he believes. I think he would be worth a solid bullpen arm.

KronoRed
01-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Because I don't think he'll repeat last year, look at the 2 years prior to last..bad! he can't hit for crap on the road and his D is atrocious.

RedsBaron
01-28-2006, 01:58 PM
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesye syesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesy esyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Jpup
01-28-2006, 02:02 PM
no, I wouldn't trade him. I would give him away.:beerme:

Gainesville Red
01-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I'd love to trade Aurillia for DiNardo. Just because I went to high school w/ DiNardo. Now that would be cool, until he sucks. I'd trade Aurillia for a Mountain Dew. I'm tired.

GAC
01-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Nope. We need his veteran leadership now that Casey is gone.

Spring~Fields
01-29-2006, 07:32 PM
If the player can't give the team six solid innings of good pitching then why not trade them at this point?

Raisor
01-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Nope. We need his veteran leadership now that Casey is gone.

Please tell me you forgot the smilie?

Please?

GAC
01-30-2006, 05:14 AM
Please tell me you forgot the smilie?

Please?

Well Duh. :evil:

But I was one of the minority that had no problem with RA last year at all. Especially for the $500,000 we signed him for. He fought through a groin strain in April/May, but afterwards did produce for us. He OPS'd .703 pre-AS break, and after - .858.

Some say he was terrible away. Fine. But at GAB he OPS'd .941 with 11 Hrs, 50 RBIs, .332 B/A (14 Hrs, 68 RBIs overall).

One can take any player (for the most part), tear into their stats, and find areas of weakness.

I'm not saying he should have started over Lopez coming out of ST, or that I didn't care one bit for his temper tantrum about wanting to play (Kearns did the same thing though)... but Aurilia is not the reason, or even comes close to being why the Reds are as bad as they are.

The signing of Aurilia to a 1 year/1.3 Mil contract did not, nor does it, hamstring or prevent the Reds from pursuing or signing pitching. That comes from this FO that woud balk at a Clement deal to sign an Eric Milton. ;)

But I have no problem at all with him being in the utility role until this organization can fill them "holes"/question marks within this INF. I don't think you're going to see him take way playing time from EE or Lopez. If he does, then that is the manager's problem, not RA's. 2B is a problem for this team. Bergolla and Olmedo have not stepped up in this area. I don't think Bergolla ever will IMO. But Olmedo I still hold hope for.

But RA is not our problem... but he is not our saviour either. :lol:

I'm more concerned about Tony Womack.

KronoRed
01-30-2006, 06:29 AM
But GAC..he's gonna be out there opening day in place of either EE or Freel :help:

As a backup fine, but with a manager who favors experience over results, it's like handing a match to an arsonist, he won't be able to help it.

Womack..yeah..it's Rich part 2.

GAC
01-31-2006, 09:33 PM
But GAC..he's gonna be out there opening day in place of either EE or Freel :help:

You don't know that. I don't see him displacing EE at all. And Narron just recently said that 3B was EE's to lose.

As far as 2B and Freel (and I like Ryan).... Freel is an OFer by trade and not an everyday INFer (nor everyday player IMO). His durability is in question.

The problem is that none of our younger players, in Olmedo and Bergolla, is stepping up and showing us they can be our everyday 2Bman. That is why we have RA and Womack here.

Where is Ronnie Oester when we need him. :lol:

westofyou
01-31-2006, 09:58 PM
You don't know that. I don't see him displacing EE at all. And Narron just recently said that 3B was EE's to lose.

Actually no, he said the opposite.

Having Richie back gives us a lot of options. Eddie's going to have to play well to move in front of him."
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=878596&postcount=1

And this was reported.

Also said that EE and Aurilia would battle for the 3rd base position and probably split time there. The way it sounded there is a good chance Aurilia will see most of the playing time

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=880586&postcount=1

KronoRed
01-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Womack is quite possibly the worst MLB player in the league, a cardboard cutout would be better.

Rich as a backup fine..as a starter over our best prospect = Criminal

Heath
01-31-2006, 11:16 PM
I vote we trade Richie to Kansas City.

Then send $1 Million along with him.

It would be the first trade in MLB history that a team would receive nothing in return.

REDREAD
02-01-2006, 10:39 AM
I vote we trade Richie to Kansas City.

Then send $1 Million along with him.

It would be the first trade in MLB history that a team would receive nothing in return.

Actually, I think when the Braves sent Fred McGriff to Tampa, they ended up getting nothing for him. I think the trade was originally for a player/cash to be named, but it ended up that Tampa had to send nothing back.. all Tampa had to do was eat the salary.

rdiersin
02-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Actually no, he said the opposite.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=878596&postcount=1

And this was reported.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=880586&postcount=1

Actually WOY, TB had mentioned that Narron did say that on Sports of All Sorts
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=880761&postcount=17

Last night on Sports of All Sorts, I came away with exactly the opposite regarding 3B.

I can't recite the comment word for word, but when asked about the situation, Narron pretty much said the job would be EE's unless he didn't play well during ST and that "Richie" would be his backup.

The one thing that has seemed consistent to me is that Narron isn't consistent.

gonelong
02-01-2006, 11:38 AM
IF Rich is slated for more PAs at 3B than EE, I'd trade him for a case of the clap.

GL

/takin' one for the team.

Redsland
02-01-2006, 02:26 PM
The one thing that has seemed consistent to me is that Narron isn't consistent.
Sure, you say that now...

;)

KronoRed
02-01-2006, 04:07 PM
IF Rich is slated for more PAs at 3B than EE, I'd trade him for a case of the clap.

GL

You're a true fan GL

RFS62
02-02-2006, 10:03 AM

GL

Yeah. You can get rid of the clap easier than you can get rid of Rich.

gm
02-02-2006, 02:07 PM
How about trading RA for Stubby Clapp? Much easier on GL's anatomy