PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati is a blessed sports city.

WVRed
01-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Ok, time for a positive post.

While I was sitting in Charleston last Saturday at the NCH-Beckley game, it occurred to me just how great things are in Cincinnati, and that I think people have either not noticed or have overlooked it.

With the exception of the UC program and Bob Huggins, things have really been on an upswing.

First off, with the Reds. We have a new owner and a possible new minority owner coming in with money and they both seem like they want to put a competitive team on the field. With our old regime out in Dan O'Brien and Jerry Narron likely next, I believe its only a matter of time before Castellini gets the people he wants in there and we are back to baseball supremacy.

Next off, the Bengals. Watching the Bengals this season(and at times during the previous two season), the Jungle is back in Cincinnati. Marvin Lewis shares the Cincinnati blue collar work ethic and has shown a no-nonsense approach in turning around the biggest blunder in the east.(Arizona and LA Clippers would be first out west). Two franchise players in Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson, what more could you ask for outside of a Super Bowl ring?

And finally, the best kept secret in Cincinnati is on the high school level with the North College Hill Trojans. For those who havent seen a game this season, OJ Mayo and Bill Walker are both future NBA players. Mayo is in a class all by himself with excellent floor vision, a sweet jump shot, and excellent control similar to that of another "Big O". Walker isnt near as polished as Mayo, but is a dynamic game changer with his thunderous dunks and is IMO in the Vince Carter mold.

Things are looking really bright in the Queen City right now.:)

Topcat
01-31-2006, 03:25 AM
Yes but then humbling moments come down like Chris Henrys latest impression of Sean taylor :bang:

StillFunkyB
01-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Yes but then humbling moments come down like Chris Henrys latest impression of Sean taylor :bang:

I think he might be done. Marvin might not let this one slide.

WebScorpion
01-31-2006, 11:08 AM
I think he might be done. Marvin might not let this one slide.

...not to mention the prison time. :rolleyes: I still can't believe he was wearing his Bengals jersey while committing a felony. :eek: It just boggles the mind...

Chip R
01-31-2006, 11:14 AM
I think it's fine to talk about how this is a blesed sports city. However, we already have a thread about the Chris Henry arrest in Non-Baseball.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42652

CrackerJack
01-31-2006, 11:31 AM
I was actually thinking Cincy sports are cursed, and anything but "blessed" right now.

I'm sure in 2-5 years things will get better, but that doesn't help much when you've been waiting for 15 years, for something really good to happen or to enjoy a championship season from one of the major sports programs/teams around here.

The Bengals' season was nice for a while - but even that ended in 3 ugly losses, the loss of their franchise QB to a severe knee injury, arrest of it's best rookie, and it's other star fighting coaches at halftime of a lost playoff game.

I actually try not to think about the current state of pro or college sports in this town much these days,

TeamBoone
01-31-2006, 11:36 AM
I was actually thinking Cincy sports are cursed, and anything but "blessed" right now.

Me too. :( For sooooo many reasons.