PDA

View Full Version : The GM pool just grew by one

PressBox
02-01-2006, 08:52 PM
According to the Reds' official MLB website, the team will also interview Atlanta's Assitant GM Frank Wren. If I weren't technologically challenged I would post the link.

I think this addition to the GM pool makes things awfully, awfully interesting. I really like Wren's track record with Atlanta and Montreal. It won't hurt his status with Castellini and the Williamses that Wren grew up in Reds country.

Between Wren, Mozelialk and Wren I'm awfully indecisive on who I feel is the best candidate, but I feel certain it's one of these three.

Thoughts? Comments on Wren?

cincinnati chili
02-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Many people know this, but don't hold his tenure in Baltimore against him. Angelos went over his head to make several moves, then blamed them on Wren retroactively.

He deserves an interview.

Falls City Beer
02-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I'd prefer Wren to Mozeliak--going on what little I know of both.

KronoRed
02-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Wren over Beattie at least

Big Klu
02-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Is Frank Wren related to legendary Ohio University baseball coach Bob Wren?

westofyou
02-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Is Frank Wren related to legendary Ohio University baseball coach Bob Wren?
I don't think so, Frank Wren was born in 1958, in FLA, Bob was coaching at OU then.

Big Klu
02-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks, WOY. I know that Coach Wren still has some family in Athens. (His grandson Jared was redshirted as a LB on the Bobcats football team, and is a graduate of Athens High School.) But I didn't know if Frank was also related.

Krusty
02-02-2006, 01:45 AM
If either Wren or Krivisky is the next Reds GM, I think ownership will have done well. Both have solid backgrounds in scouting and player development. Also I think they will be more willing to pull the trigger to a deal than O'Brien was.

BoydsOfSummer
02-02-2006, 04:42 AM
I'm thrilled to hear that he is in the mix. He's my favorite now, out of all the names so far.

princeton
02-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Claude Raines is doing our GM search

writerdan33
02-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Frank Wren is going to be in town next week as part of the Braves winter caravan. My station is hosting the event. I am supposed to get a one-on-one with him on my show, which I'll be hosting from the event.

You can be sure I'll ask him about the Reds job. If I can get the interview recorded (we have some studio issues at the moment), I'll post the audio here soon afterwards.

The caravan stop is the 8th, next Wednesday.

PuffyPig
02-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Between Wren, Mozelialk and Wren I'm awfully indecisive on who I feel is the best candidate, but I feel certain it's one of these three.

I'm having trouble deciding who's better between Wren and Wren.

Falls City Beer
02-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Claude Raines is doing our GM search

Edwin Drood?