cincinnati chili
02-04-2006, 08:10 PM
http://www.halosheaven.com/story/2006/2/4/3125/34708

KronoRed
02-04-2006, 08:29 PM
I was thinking the A's would end up getting him cheap for some reason

M2
02-05-2006, 12:59 AM
I love the notion that Kelvim Escobar, Steve Shell and Juan Rivera could fetch Manny.

I imagine Theo would counter with John Lackey, Brandon Wood and Dallas McPherson.

cincinnati chili
02-05-2006, 01:05 AM
I love the notion that Kelvim Escobar, Steve Shell and Juan Rivera could fetch Manny.

I imagine Theo would counter with John Lackey, Brandon Wood and Dallas McPherson.

Some "journalist" the other day said that the teams were talking Manny for Wood, Kendrick, Figgins and others for Manny... AND the Angels would pay all the salary.

Considering we're only a couple years removed from all 29 teams refusing to take Manny (and his salary) for nothing, I doubt the Red Sox will fetch much for him.

M2
02-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Some "journalist" the other day said that the teams were talking Manny for Wood, Kendrick, Figgins and others for Manny... AND the Angels would pay all the salary.

Considering we're only a couple years removed from all 29 teams refusing to take Manny (and his salary) for nothing, I doubt the Red Sox will fetch much for him.

I'll repeat what I said then. There were 30 teams wearing dunce caps when Manny cleared waivers - one for putting him there and 29 for passing on him.

I understand that most teams can't afford him, but he's a game-changing hitter. The Red Sox wouldn't have won a World Series without him.

The Angels have a desperate need for a bat like Manny's. While I agree with the argument that they won't pony up much to get the bat they so desperately need, I don't think that's a feather in their cap. The Halos have a deep farm system and if they won't use it to land a tiger for their *****cat offense, then they're missing the point.

StillFunkyB
02-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Had we had a different owner, I wonder if maybe the Reds wouldn't claim Manny. Yeah, he gets paid alot. He is one of the best bats in the league. Top 5 easy.

Anyhoo....Jeff Weaver would have been better off if the Tiggers never traded him.

Hondo
02-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Why didn't O'Brein trade Milton, Casey, and Himself for Manny when he had the Chance???

JaredRoberts.com

jmcclain19
02-06-2006, 03:31 AM
Weaver's not a bad choice for the Angels. Brother's in the system, he is a SoCal guy, and he's back to the AL again.

Also good for the Angels, prevents them from trying to plug Hector Carrasco in the rotation, which they seemed to be making noise about doing.