PDA

View Full Version : Damn, how bout those Gators?

Gainesville Red
02-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Always fun to beat Kentucky.

Dom Heffner
02-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Kentucky, Michigan, The Steelers, Duke, and the Yankees: Any loss is a great step for the betterment of mankind.

westofyou
02-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Kentucky, Michigan, The Steelers, Duke, and the Yankees:

Ohio State, The Niners, Avalanche, and the Yankees would be my check list for a good year.

Blimpie
02-05-2006, 12:42 PM
This year's Florida team is one of the most talented I have ever seen over the last 20-25 years of following them. They normally struggle come tourney time, but I think this year's version of the Gators might actually be so young that they are completely unaffected by the pressures of March.

max venable
02-05-2006, 02:00 PM
I was watching that game last night. How many gator logos do they need on the court. Did they just say to each other, "let's put a bunch of colorful crap all over our gym floor....Oh...missed a spot, you've got room for another gator there..."

I nominate Florida for the worst paint job on a court. Any other nominations?

WVRed
02-05-2006, 02:31 PM
I was watching that game last night. How many gator logos do they need on the court. Did they just say to each other, "let's put a bunch of colorful crap all over our gym floor....Oh...missed a spot, you've got room for another gator there..."

Kansas easily, that big honkin Jayhawk right at center court? It takes up half the floor. I dont know if its much of an improvement over the state of Kansas at midcourt instead.

westofyou
02-05-2006, 02:33 PM

Worst Ice.. Bruins by far, giant dark logo on ice.. eats the puck up.

Football... Boise State.. Blue?

KronoRed
02-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Arkansas

Nothing like a giant pig on TV.

creek14
02-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Nothing like a giant pig on TV.
Does John Goodman have a new show on this season?

max venable
02-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Here's one: Okla St. How big does Eddie Sutton's name need to be. Ridiculous.

WVRed
02-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Here's one: Okla St. How big does Eddie Sutton's name need to be. Ridiculous.

What is even more ridiculous is that a coach who illegally recruits players gets a court named after him.

traderumor
02-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Does John Goodman have a new show on this season?Yea, Roseanne is going to make a return, but then we're talking fat pigs ;)

max venable
02-13-2006, 08:46 PM
What is even more ridiculous is that a coach who illegally recruits players gets a court named after him.
Even worse now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2329109

Idiot.

cumberlandreds
02-14-2006, 11:00 AM

I wonder if OK State will erase his name off the court after this?

Heath
02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Looks like the Gamecocks have the Gator number. Wow - two wins in basketball and the win in football.

Heath
02-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I wonder if OK State will erase his name off the court after this?

They still revere Rupp in Kentucky.

KronoRed
02-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Looks like the Gamecocks have the Gator number. Wow - two wins in basketball and the win in football.
They can put them up next to the NIT banner they MIGHT get this year ;)

Blimpie
02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
They can put them up next to the NIT banner they MIGHT get this year ;)Ouch. That's the gab right now, will UK accept an NIT bid if that's all that is on the table?

I say, why the hell not go to the NIT? UK has been getting KILLED in their recruiting in the northeast over the last few years. In fact, Ramel Bradley might have been the first decent NY area recruit to sign with UK since Mashburn.

If UK does go the NIT route and can make it to the semis (no sure thing at this juncture), it would give a pretty good boost to recruiting in that neck of the woods...

Blimpie
02-14-2006, 05:01 PM
They still revere Rupp in Kentucky....and you also still hear jokes in Rupp about Eddie Sutton's thermos, unfortunately.