PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Cast

TOBTTReds
02-06-2006, 02:41 PM
RedLegs newsletter

Dear RedLegs News Readers:
As the new Chief Executive Officer of the Cincinnati Reds, I want to thank all of you for your enthusiastic support of RedLegs News and reds.com.

A few weeks ago we detailed our promise to Reds fans. We pledged to bring championship baseball back to Cincinnati, build one of the most respected organizations in Major League Baseball, field a team worthy of your support, and most importantly, not rest until you are happy.

Accomplishing these goals will not be easy. However, we will utilize every available means to jumpstart the transformation. We will work tirelessly to succeed in every area of our pledge, especially when it comes to building an online Reds Nation.

I understand that having an open line of communication with our fan base is the only way we can truly gauge our efforts. Along those lines, I want to promise you that our online resources will be a vital part of the process. Rest assured that this newsletter, as well as reds.com, will become even more of vehicle for team management to connect with our fans and create a true online Reds community.

This season we will continue to use the Web to deliver the best Reds coverage. Additionally, we have many exciting events and promotions planned for 2006, including online sweepstakes, player/management chats, content-packed e-newsletters and exclusive ticket deals. From time to time, I'll drop by to see how things are coming along.

You, our reds.com subscribers, can expect the very best this year. We promise to make your online experience a fun and rewarding part of being a Cincinnati Reds fan.

Sincerely,

Robert H. Castellini
Reds Chief Executive Officer

Chip R
02-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Dear Bob,

Reds.com is not your savior.

Signed,
RedsZone.com ;)

redsfan30
02-06-2006, 03:08 PM
The Reds' official website is the last place I would go for up to the minute Reds information.

Phil in BG
02-06-2006, 03:13 PM
He probably doesn't understand we operate off of rumors, not official information.:D

TOBTTReds
02-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Maybe we could get an official staff writer? I'm up for it.

Topcat
02-06-2006, 11:28 PM
Maybe we could get an official staff writer? I'm up for it.

I nominate WOY or Steels someone who actually take setiment out of the equation and be cold blooded accurate. I so want to be proud of the Reds, and to do that you need someone who takes in performance over, ahhhhhh he is a nice guy. Win, compete throw the Reds fans a life preserver :help:

I need a hero- song reference from Foot loose

WVPacman
02-06-2006, 11:39 PM
A few weeks ago we detailed our promise to Reds fans. We pledged to bring championship baseball back to Cincinnati, build one of the most respected organizations in Major League Baseball, field a team worthy of your support, and most importantly, not rest until you are happy.

How many times have they promised us that???:bang: :cry:

TeamBoone
02-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Perhaps someone should go to reds.com and start a thread about Redszone??

Or will that bring on the trolls? Actually, it wouldn't matter because they wouldn't last long here.

registerthis
02-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh, thank goodness. Finally, an ownership group that is promising the fans to field a competitive ballclub. It's such a nice switch from all those Lindner promises of losing records and non-competitiveness.

TRF
02-07-2006, 12:12 PM

Or will that bring on the trolls? Actually, it wouldn't matter because they wouldn't last long here.

god no. TB after reading your post, I went over there to get a lay of the land. I read a 60 post thread about Kullman that made me want to vomit.

And yeah i know, opinions are like... but still. BF has them completely wrapped around his finger. It's like the ANTI-Redszone. Bizzaro board.

KronoRed
02-07-2006, 12:37 PM

We should attack them.

All must accept RZ :devil:

traderumor
02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
god no. TB after reading your post, I went over there to get a lay of the land. I read a 60 post thread about Kullman that made me want to vomit.

And yeah i know, opinions are like... but still. BF has them completely wrapped around his finger. It's like the ANTI-Redszone. Bizzaro board.

But who is BF a Bizzaro of on RZ?

TC81190
02-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Heheh. BF. I had forgot about him.

TRF
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I think he goes by prose14 over there.

BF is the Bizarro Raisor

Minus the good looks of course.

Chip R
02-07-2006, 03:04 PM
I think he goes by prose14 over there.

BF is the Bizarro Raisor

Minus the good looks of course.

How much did Raisor pay you to say that? :p:

Reds Nd2
02-07-2006, 03:06 PM

A couple of months ago there was a thread started over there in regards to other Reds boards and RedsZone was the clear favorite. The thread quickly vanished from the site. It may very well have been the last thing of substance mentioned there.

Chip R
02-07-2006, 03:10 PM
A couple of months ago there was a thread started over there in regards to other Reds boards and RedsZone was the clear favorite. The thread quickly vanished from the site. It may very well have been the last thing of substance mentioned there.

:laugh:

KronoRed
02-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Reds.com is like the banana phone callers all together.

registerthis
02-08-2006, 09:15 AM

The banana phone is the only part of a Reds broadcast my fiancee will listen to. Nothing like a little comic relief every now and then to spice things up.

TRF
02-08-2006, 09:28 AM
How much did Raisor pay you to say that? :p:

I'm on retainer.

creek14
02-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Reds.com makes the banana phone callers sound like mensa members.

On another note, should the banana phone now be called the cabbage phone or something more veggie?

RFS62
02-08-2006, 10:09 AM
How on earth did they ever come up with calling it the bananna phone to start with? Lindners Chiquita connection?

Chip R
02-08-2006, 10:29 AM
How on earth did they ever come up with calling it the bananna phone to start with? Lindners Chiquita connection?

Weren't they calling it that even before Lindner took over?

KronoRed
02-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Reds.com makes the banana phone callers sound like mensa members.

On another note, should the banana phone now be called the cabbage phone or something more veggie?
Tofu phone?

Doc. Scott
02-08-2006, 11:34 AM
The Bananaphone has been called that since well before Carl Lindner.

Chip R
02-08-2006, 11:38 AM
The Bananaphone has been called that since well before Carl Lindner.

I didn't even know phones exisited before Lindner. ;)

gonelong
02-08-2006, 11:48 AM
I think they have/had a novely phone in the shape of a banana in the booth.

GL