PDA

View Full Version : Random thought -- Gary Sheffield, HOF?

RedsManRick
02-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I was looking at Sheffield's numbers and can't help wonder how history will view him. To me, I think he desevers it, but he's sitting in Jim Rice territory. Two more years at his current pace probably put him over the top across the board. Thoughts?

MasonBuzz3
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
me and two of my roommates were having this arguement a couple of nights ago. they were arguing who was more deserving of HOF, sheffield or albert belle. we took a look at sheff's numbers and I cant help but think he is deserving of going into the HOF. two more seasons and he will end up with 500+ HR, 1600+ R, 1600+ RBI. His career OPS is .925 and he should end end with a career BA of about .295. The two James HOF measurements have Sheffield as a likely HOFer as well. I don't know about a first ballot but I think he'll get in.

Cyclone792
02-08-2006, 03:06 PM
If Sheffield doesn't get in, it'd be a total joke, but part of me thinks he could end up getting the Dick Allen shaft. Sheffield thus far in his career has basically been Tony Gwynn's equal in production; they each just accumulated that same production in ways that are polar opposites.