PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook v Weaver

Carbofan
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I was chatting with a Cleveland fan today and he said that the Westbrook deal is still alive! It is very dependent on the Indians signing Weaver. He does not think that Weaver will come to Cleveland but is using them to get more money out west. Has anyone else heard this. I still would not want to trade Kearns for Westbrook. I would do Willy Mo and a prospect.

buckshotrod
02-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Same was said about Millwood last year and he ended up in the "armpit of North America."

JinAZ
02-09-2006, 08:43 PM
With Krivsky back in the fold, I imagine a lot of deals are back on the table. But I'd be very reluctant to trade Kearns now given what he could potentially bring if he gets hot early in the year. 'Course, if he does what he did last year, it's probably a lost cause.

Wily Mo I'm more comfortable moving, though I will say that they are both pretty cheap parts with big upsides. I'd be much happier trading Griffey, though I doubt he could bring a Westbrook in return, unfortunately.
-JinAZ

Hondo
02-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Keep AK and WMP....Release Womack, and sign some 200 inning guys still left and hopefully something comes afloat....Barry Zito will be available early in the year rather than at the July 31st Trading Deadline....

I would rather the Reds find their Strengths with the players they have than lose one and he goes Carlos Lee on us....

JaredRoberts.com

membengal
02-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Funny, I would not trade Wily Mo for Westbrook, but I would trade Kearns for Westbrook.

registerthis
02-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Barry Zito will be available early in the year rather than at the July 31st Trading Deadline

Why would you think this?

KronoRed
02-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Funny, I would not trade Wily Mo for Westbrook, but I would trade Kearns for Westbrook.
I'm the opposite

Pena has tremendous power, but doesn't seem to have much of anything else.

Carbofan
02-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I would prefer to trade WMP just because I think Kearns will be a better all around offensive player and will provide much better defense. Westbrook is an innings eater and a ground ball pitcher, not a number 1 but better than most of what we have.

Hondo
02-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Why would you think this?

Beane usually likes to trade his players so he has "incoming" players for more than the last 2 months of the season...

Oh, and Zito will be available...I don't have any FIRM info...

But Barry Zito has been on record, even on the Howard Stern show and saying how he wanted to play in New York when he becomes a Free-Agent...

I know, I know...why trade for a guy headed for the Yankees???

Cause the Reds clubhouse will win him over and Krivisky hopefully will get a 72 hour window to negotiate a LTC...

Anyway, Hudson and Mulder would feel left out if they were the only 2 of the A's Big 3 to get traded to the National League...

JaredRoberts.com

Bigredfan#1
02-11-2006, 04:04 PM
I would not trade for Westbrook period. He is not the answer.