PDA

View Full Version : Sabathia owns a Reds cap...

StillFunkyB
02-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Thought I would share this for fun....

Please tell me why I saw a picture of C.C. and Milton Bradley at a Lakers game, with C.C. Sabathia wearing a Yankees hat? Even though it seems trivial to ask about it, why would he do that?
-- Matt R., Valhalla, N.Y.

C.C. refuted this claim when I presented it to him, Matt. He did, however, confess to owning and wearing a Reds hat. I asked him how he could do such a thing, and he shrugged and said, "It's just a hat."

That, my friends, is a man with some perspective on life.

The original thread can be found here. (http://mb3.scout.com/fclevelandindiansfrm1.showMessage?topicID=9308.top ic)

RANDY IN INDY
02-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Maybe this has something to do with Sabathia's cap. Seems the Reds cap has a following in the "hip hop" world. Saw this on e-bay under a Reds cap.

This is the HOTTEST new trend that is worn by stars and celebrities! Worn by THE GAME (from G-Unit) in his latest videos to represent Compton City (in California). Many new hip hop stars are wearing this hat. SOLD OUT everywhere!! This is the official Major League Baseball cap worn by the professionals on the field of play. High-profile, 100% wool cap is handmade from the inside out. Raised team logo on front; embroidered MLB logo on back. A new trend that represents "COMPTON" CITY.

creek14
02-10-2006, 10:02 AM
A new trend that represents "COMPTON" CITY.
Oh man, I always thought they were wearing that C for *creek*. :cool:

Johnny Footstool
02-10-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm thrilled that G-Unit (pronounced "Goonit") has co-opted the Reds logo. I wonder if other rappers like $0.50 (pronounced "Fifty Cents") or Doctor Dreee are doing the same thing.

Roy Tucker
02-10-2006, 10:37 AM
My 15 yr. old daughter has instructed me to say good-bye to her by saying "peace out g-unit" accompanied by a sideways peace sign and a general "yo" kind of attitude. I've been practicing it in the mirror.

I have no idea what it means. I am the embodiment of tragically unhip.

vaticanplum
02-10-2006, 10:51 AM
I noticed that Reds' hats became very popular in the outer boroughs of New York when they started selling the red ones with the black brims. Always worn the same way -- straight brim, circle sticker still on the brim. I often thought of approaching these boys and asking them their thoughts on Davey Concepcion, but I didn't think this would win me any friends.

I had no idea it had anything to do with Compton City. I just assumed that red and black were the rad colors in da hood.

Johnny Footstool
02-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I am the embodiment of tragically unhip.

Tell her you're starting to like Fifty Cents. Tell her you think he's dope diggity. And punctuate every sentence by saying "Word, y'knowhumsayin'?"

That'll scare her off of listening to rap for the rest of her life.

scounts22
02-10-2006, 10:56 AM
My 15 yr. old daughter has instructed me to say good-bye to her by saying "peace out g-unit" accompanied by a sideways peace sign and a general "yo" kind of attitude. I've been practicing it in the mirror.

I have no idea what it means. I am the embodiment of tragically unhip.

LOL! That's awesome. I teach 80 7th graders so I'm all up on the lingo. Some of could be attributed to the fact that they say corny stuff like that all the time, and some of it could be that I'm the youngest teacher in the building and I'm just cool like that. :cool:

I could never compare to Creek though, she's slammin fo shizzow!! :pimp: :notworthy

vaticanplum
02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Tell her you're starting to like Fifty Cents. Tell her you think he's dope diggity.

And you have to pronounce it "Fiddy".

edit: we are so white.

Johnny Footstool
02-10-2006, 11:04 AM
And you have to pronounce it "Fiddy".

edit: we are so white.

No, that's the beauty of it. Pronounce it like a white person asking for change. FiFTy CenTS.

My wife listens to rap, and it drives her crazy when I say it like that.

ochre
02-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Reds hats/gear have been popular for some time with gang elements too from what I remember. The Bloods have been known to wear Reds hats and jackets.

Johnny Footstool
02-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Yep, it's all about the color. They don't care about the logo.

RedsManRick
02-10-2006, 11:26 AM
My wife listens to rap

That's simply not a statement you hear everyday...

Yachtzee
02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
No, that's the beauty of it. Pronounce it like a white person asking for change. FiFTy CenTS.

In the South, they pronounce it "Four Bits."

registerthis
02-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Maybe Sabbathia simply feels more comfortable announcing that he owns the cap of a team that he knows he will never play for.

westofyou
02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
I just bought a Mariners cap.. it's cool... but I'm not a fan.

http://images.hatworld.com/product/5/1099802/1_250.jpg

Yachtzee
02-10-2006, 12:35 PM

That's a good hat. I picked up a similar hat on my trip to Seattle last summer. I used to have a classic Tiger's hat and a Colt .45s hat.

westofyou
02-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I want one of those Colt hat's

butlerbulldogs
02-10-2006, 12:46 PM
is that the trident, brick killed someone w/ in anchorman?

WVRedsFan
02-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Reds hats/gear have been popular for some time with gang elements too from what I remember. The Bloods have been known to wear Reds hats and jackets.

Uh Oh...

I kept wondering why all these kids have been giving me the :thumbup: when I wear my Reds cap in certain areas. Reckon they'd beat up an old man for his hat?

I'm gonna keep my doors locked from now on.:eek:

:evil:

Hoosier Red
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM

"Excuse me your honor I speak jive..."

Johnny Footstool
02-10-2006, 06:30 PM
That's simply not a statement you hear everyday...

True. But you've got to understand that my wife is an OG from Wichita. East Si-eeed. Those were some mean streets in the exclusive, gated community she grew up in. Mean, well-landscaped, securely monitored streets.

Red Leader
02-10-2006, 06:35 PM
I picked up a Padres "Friar" hat last year. I really like it. Great to wear to church. :lol:

foltza
02-10-2006, 10:12 PM
in a ludacris video a year or so ago, he was wearing the all-red reds hat. judging by alot of the posts on here, most of you prolly have no clue who he is. ludacris is from atlanta and frequently brags about the "ATL" in his songs. so to see him wearing a cincy hat was surprising to me.

RedsMan3203
02-10-2006, 11:58 PM
I go to school is a rough neighborhood here in Columbus... Out East.... The Reds Cap is the most dominate hat out of any.

Of course... Me being a white country boy comes in with a bent up, dirty, sweety, faded Reds cap... and look out of place. ;)

But i've noticed it alot... Alot of Reds and Yankees Hat smiply for the "color"

TeamBoone
02-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Yep, it's all about the color. They don't care about the logo.

Red (not Reds) hats are pretty easy to come by... why would they choose the Reds hat when they can readily buy a red hat without the logo?

Little Alex
02-11-2006, 02:06 AM
ha

KronoRed
02-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Red (not Reds) hats are pretty easy to come by... why would they choose the Reds hat when they can readily buy a red hat without the logo?
C is a cool letter.

TeamBoone
02-11-2006, 03:04 AM
C is a cool letter.

Good point.

Hondo
02-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Does anybody think the Reds could trade for C.C. Sabethia???

Just curious???

JaredRoberts.com

StillFunkyB
02-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Does anybody think the Reds could trade for C.C. Sabethia???

Just curious???

JaredRoberts.com

Yeah, and the only player the Indians would even want to discuss would be Adam Dunn.

So, the answer to your question is no.

Hondo
02-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, and the only player the Indians would even want to discuss would be Adam Dunn.

So, the answer to your question is no.

Ahh....

I would give them Womack and O'Brein's office Supplies...

JaredRoberts.com

TeamBoone
02-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Maybe some of these players were picked up on the cheap just so they can be flipped this summer. I hope.

Heath
02-11-2006, 10:20 PM

I have one of these hats - and I don't like the Brewers.

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1290599reg.jpg

Big Klu
02-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Uh Oh...

I kept wondering why all these kids have been giving me the :thumbup: when I wear my Reds cap in certain areas. Reckon they'd beat up an old man for his hat?

I'm gonna keep my doors locked from now on.:eek:

:evil:

Now if you start seeing kids wearing Dodgers or Cubs hats in certain areas, you better run if you have your Reds hat. The Crips prefer blue.

StillFunkyB
02-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Ahh....

I would give them Womack and O'Brein's office Supplies...

JaredRoberts.com

Yeah, I heard that they found a closet stuffed with binders, a couple of recliners, and a Laura Cover blow up doll. :D