PDA

View Full Version : Marty B., live on Monday

writerdan33
02-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey all,

Marty will be a guest on my show here in Clemson this Monday (Feb. 13), at 9:06 a.m.

As usual, I'll try to record and post the audio here ASAP for those who want to recap it. But if you want to listen live, just go to www.wccpfm.com and click on Listen Live. You may be asked to download a plug-in, but it is safe/virus-free.

Also, the Braves pulled the ol' Caravan switch-a-roo on us last Wednesday, and instead of Frank Wren we got the other asst. GM, Dayton Moore.

His interview was pretty good, especially talking about how the Braves do sprinkle a little statistical analysis into their usual character/makeup/tools scouting philosophy.

He also said that despite the decreased payroll and uncertainty of the future because of the franchise's pending sale, the organization is still moving forward and - in relation to the World Baseball Classic - will be expanding their international scouting presence almost immediately.

If I can get that interview up, I'll post a link to it, too.

Cheers!! :beerme:

RFS62
02-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks Dan. I'd love to hear that interview with Moore too if you can get it online.

writerdan33
02-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Bump up, with the interview being tomorrow...

Reds1
02-13-2006, 10:10 AM
It's working and they just started takling Reds

Jpup
02-13-2006, 10:51 AM
good stuff man. I listened for the entire interview. You are good at what you do.:beerme:

SteelSD
02-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Good interview, but the plugin crashed my Firefox browser. And hard. I can't even get it to pull back up. Grrrrrr.

writerdan33
02-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Good interview, but the plugin crashed my Firefox browser. And hard. I can't even get it to pull back up. Grrrrrr.

First time I've heard of that happening.

Anyway, I'll try to get the audio up for those that missed it later this afternoon or early this evening.

Reds1
02-13-2006, 12:40 PM
That was fun. Nothing earth shattering, but he did say he truly expected things to turn around and said he thought it could even happen this year, but probably couple years. He based it all on the the proverbial pitching. He said it would be much better, but then added that it couldn't get much worse. :) It's a fun interview to listen to if we get the replay.

Heath
02-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey WriterDan - former resident of Greenville, SC on a temporary job assignment for two years...loved the Super Sports FM. Glad to hear about your bump to program director.

Never got into the whole Clemson thing though - but Purnell went there after UD and I liked Pete Yanity doing the PBP after Jim Phillips passed.

Glad to hear that things are still well on the northern banks of the Mighty Lake Hartwell.

Good work, Dan!

writerdan33
02-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Heath,

Thanks. Sorry it's taken so long to get the interview posted, but we had a bit of a computer snafu yesterday. Got it working now, so should have the link posted later this afternoon.