PDA

View Full Version : Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

max venable
02-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Here are a few of my pet peeves:

1. People who stay in the fast lane on the interstate when nobody else is around. Even when you come up behind them, they're oblivious to the fact that THEY'RE IN THE WRONG LANE! MOVE OVER!

2. People who don't use their turn signals. GRRR!

3. Know-it-alls. My mother in law is one (at least she thinks she knows it all). Funny thing is, people who are know-it-alls usually don't realize that they look like know-nothings because they try to come across as knowing it all. Does that even make sense?

4. Bad breath. OMG! Is there anything worse?

5. Fingernails...the kind that are bitten so often that there's hardly anthing left to chew on. Gross. Also, men with long fingernails...even if they're clean, it's still gross.

6. Guys who talk with a lisp (on purpose) and/or affeminate sounding guys. Stop it!

7. Smokers. You all stink. You think you don't but we smell you.

8. The idiots that crank their rap music so loud that the whole city can hear it. Are you guys hard of hearing? Why do you do that? Not cool.

9. Guys who play rec league sports and think that they're an all-star playing the the 7th game of the World Series. Your glory days are long gone pal. IT'S A REC LEAGUE...chill out.

10. Nasty teeth. Nothing turns me off more than a person with messed up chicklets.

11. Commercials (TV or radio) can't stand 'em. I don't watch/listen to 'em either.

12. Political Correctness. Enough already! Everybody's WAY too sensitive.

13. When people call you on the phone and want you to guess who it is. I HATE THAT! Just tell me up front and get on with it!

14. People that take up two parking places in the parking lot. EXCUUUSE ME! Sometimes if I can squeeze in next to them, I will...even if I have to get out of my car through the passenger door. Jerks.

15. People who throw cigarette butts out the window like the world is their freakin' ash tray.

16. People who never take blame for stuff that's their own fault (this includes MOST people). It's always someone else's fault...there's ALWAYS an excuse.

17. Redszoners who don't give me positive feedback for stellar posts. :thumbup:

Keep 'em comin'. I know you guys have more...

savafan
02-10-2006, 08:33 PM
People who slip laxatives into my Coca-Cola

deltachi8
02-10-2006, 09:37 PM
people who compalin about stuff

KittyDuran
02-10-2006, 09:50 PM
:laugh:

Dom Heffner
02-10-2006, 10:14 PM
1. iTunes when they make you buy a whole album for one song. I tried to buy "Rock me" by Great White and they wanted me to buy the whole album for one song. I picked up the entire CD for .75 on Half.com.

2. People who correct me when I use the word album. Some smart butt always says, "They don't make albums anymore just CDs." Well since album doesn't refer to vinyl and merely describes the collection of songs regardless of the format, I should have the right to slap these people silly.

3. People who say irregardless.

4. People who tell me I've been "forewarned." Thank goodness I don't take everyone literally, otherwise I'd be waiting for the second warning. A forewarning is the warning before the warning I guess. It may or may not be a word, but just tell me I've been warned. I don't need the false expectation of another warning. It stresses me out.

5. Checkout people who open up a new line and proceed to help the customers who are last in all the other lines first.

6. Girlfriends who get mad only when I am talking to pretty girls and nobody else. I shouldn't have to filter everyone I talk to based on how good or bad somebody looks.

7. People who talk to foreign language speakers like they are deaf. Saying it louder doesn't substitute for a translator.

8. Music artists or movie stars who refer to themselves in the third person or as "we." Garth Brooks sounds like one of the most egotistical people when he does this. Jamie Foxx, too. It is probably great to be driven around in a limo and eat filet mignon everyday, but go ahead and use the correct pronoun there, boys, like everybody else.

9. Sportscaters who go on and on about an athlete's personal sacrifice. Michael Jordan was the perfect example of this. Thie guy was a gifted basketball player, he worked hard, but I'm sorry he hasn't sacrificed anything compared to what most people have. Sacrificing is when you give up something really good for a lesser predicament, not practicing basketball so you can sleep with different women every night of the week and having your house featured on Cribs.

10. Prizes awarded to profesional athletes. Hines Ward needs an Escalade like I need a third ear. They should donate it to charity in his name.

11. Sportscasters who sell athletes just because their network has the game that night. ESPN is the worst at this. I sat there and listened to Paul McGuire go on and on about how awesome Fred Taylor is for two hours, and you know, I just wanted to tell him two things. One, Taylor was running against a defense that would make Larry Csonka- if he came out of retirement right now- a 1000 yard rusher and two, if he likes him so much he should draft Taylor for his fantasy team and start counting the losses right now. Anyone on here who has ever had Fred Taylor on their fantasy team knows what I'm talking about, right?

12. Complicated Grammar- I read an article the other day and there was a sentence that was probably 70 words long, including the text in parentheses and in between dash marks, and I'll bet it was 100% correct. But I had no idea what the heck the writer was saying.

13. Networks who show Law and Order back to back to back to back. I've watched so many episodes that I can tell you which actors have appeared in multiple episodes as a prosecutor or a crook or a judge or a door man....it's time to stop with the Law and Order thing. We get it, they made a lot of shows and you have the rights...show it once a night and leave it be.

14. The way that E! True Hollywood Story show is put together drives me nuts. It's like a low budget Behind the Music. They never use any video, just stills, and that guy's voice is creepy....

Watching a show about Full House should not be worse than Full House.

Dom Heffner
02-10-2006, 10:15 PM

Does that include people who complain about people who complain? ;)

theredsfan
02-10-2006, 10:23 PM
People who cut you off in traffic only to turn at the next street.

alex trevino
02-10-2006, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=max venable]

9. Guys who play rec league sports and think that they're an all-star playing the the 7th game of the World Series. Your glory days are long gone pal. IT'S A REC LEAGUE...chill out.

QUOTE]

I agree with this one. The last Rec softball I played in there was a guy who wrapped his shoulder, both knees and ankles before a game. Come on if you have to go to that much trouble maybe you shouldn't be playing!

People who carry on loud cell phone conversations in public annoy me too.

Dom Heffner
02-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Commercials (TV or radio) can't stand 'em. I don't watch/listen to 'em either.

I rarely watch anything live anymore. I just use the DVR and zoom through the commercials. I watched American Idol the other night in 40 minutes.

Red in Chicago
02-11-2006, 12:06 AM
people who cough or sneeze without covering their mouths..
people who blow their noses at the dinner table...
people who don't wash their hands after leaving the washroom...
people who lick their fingers when they're cooking...
people who double dip...
cheap tippers...

Johnny Footstool
02-11-2006, 01:39 AM
People who disobey traffic laws, including running stop signs, failing to use their turn signals, and ignoring "Wrong Way" signs in parking lots.

People who crowd up to the door when the elevator arrives, effectively pinning anyone on the elevator trying to get off. Pause for a second or two and make sure no one is getting off the elevator before you push your way on.

30-year-old jackasses on the softball diamond who insist on "breaking up the play" at second base like I'm Ozzie Smith and they're Jeffrey Leonard. Don't slide into my knees and grab me to prevent me from making the throw to first. I don't get paid to play this game -- we're all playing for fun.

Gainesville Red
02-11-2006, 01:51 AM
The AP style book. Or I guess having to write in AP style when you're not any good at it. Anyone who's taken a reporting class knows what I'm talking about. It's miserable when you're trying to learn it.

dman
02-11-2006, 06:19 AM
When you have to take a dump in a public restroom and a guy comes into the stall next to you and starts sounding like he'll blast the porcelain right off of the toilet if he farts any louder

GoReds
02-11-2006, 09:03 AM
- People who don't think the rules apply to them.
- People who value their pets more than their neighbors well-being.
- People who exhibit no common courtesy.
- People who yell at their kids in public places.
- People who bring babies to movies obviously out of their range of understanding.
- Co-workers who pretend not to know the answers just so you'll do their work for them.
- Ignorance.

RFS62
02-11-2006, 09:16 AM
1. People who stay in the fast lane on the interstate when nobody else is around. Even when you come up behind them, they're oblivious to the fact that THEY'RE IN THE WRONG LANE! MOVE OVER!

Yep. Someday I'm gonna get a remote controlled helicopter and put a loudspeaker on it and mount it on my roof rack. Then I'm gonna come up behind one of these morons, fly the helicopter up beside them, and scream through the loudspeaker "Get out of my way, fool!!!!"

Then I'll have it drop a few paintball bombs on their hood for good measure.

That'll show 'em.

MWM
02-11-2006, 10:07 AM
People who wait until the last minute to get over when two lanes have to merge and then they force themselves in. It's not like they don't know see the long line of cars, or don't know their lane is ending. They just think they're too good to wait like everyone else.

max venable
02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Yep. Someday I'm gonna get a remote controlled helicopter and put a loudspeaker on it and mount it on my roof rack. Then I'm gonna come up behind one of these morons, fly the helicopter up beside them, and scream through the loudspeaker "Get out of my way, fool!!!!"

Then I'll have it drop a few paintball bombs on their hood for good measure.

That'll show 'em.
Yes. Memo to all Redszoners (and tell your friends): The lefthand lane IS FOR PASSING. Stay right until you need to go around someone. Thank you.

Johnny Footstool
02-11-2006, 12:40 PM
People who wait until the last minute to get over when two lanes have to merge and then they force themselves in. It's not like they don't know see the long line of cars, or don't know their lane is ending. They just think they're too good to wait like everyone else.

This annoys me, too, but really, it's the fastest way to get through a blockage. If more people did that instead of all lining up, blockages wouldn't be quite so long.

TeamCasey
02-11-2006, 01:29 PM
2. People who don't use their turn signals. GRRR!

Completely agree.

7. Smokers. You all stink. You think you don't but we smell you.

12. Political Correctness. Enough already! Everybody's WAY too sensitive.

These too negate each other somewhat. :)

RFS62
02-11-2006, 01:30 PM

The left lane is mine, dammit!!!!!

Don't make me get out my helicopter.

TeamCasey
02-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Intolerant gossipy people. I thought my neighbors were really cool, until a gay man moved into the neighborhood. Now, I think a few of them suck.

RFS62
02-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Intolerant gossipy people. I thought my neighbors were really cool, until a gay man moved into the neighborhood. Now, I think a few of them suck.

Today's out of context award winner.

RedsBaron
02-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Today's out of context award winner.

TeamBoone
02-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Yes. Memo to all Redszoners (and tell your friends): The lefthand lane IS FOR PASSING. Stay right until you need to go around someone. Thank you.

Actually, in Ohio, it's legal to cruise in all lanes (in NY it isn't... pass only).

I hate when I'm going well over the speed limit and someone attaches themself to my bumper. I HATE IT!

I could list about 100 things regarding drivers, but I won't bore you. I'm sure you all have the same beefs.

RFS62
02-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Actually, in Ohio, it's legal to cruise in all lanes (in NY it isn't... pass only).

I hate when I'm going well over the speed limit and someone attaches themself to my bumper. I HATE IT!

Then perhaps you should get out of my way before I unleash my traffic copter on you.

:evil:

TeamMorris
02-11-2006, 03:57 PM

There has been a gay couple in this neighborhood for almost 9 years now...they just learning about it:confused:

Reds Nd2
02-11-2006, 07:05 PM
There has been a gay couple in this neighborhood for almost 9 years now...

I found them to be quiet depressing actually. :D

Reds Nd2
02-11-2006, 07:12 PM
This thread reminds me of this song and I'm proud of it. :evil:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/38718/

max venable
02-11-2006, 07:56 PM

THAT'S funny. Very wrong...but funny.

And it reminded me of another one...people who piss on toilet seats in public restrooms!

RANDY IN INDY
02-11-2006, 08:05 PM

That is probably my #1, MWM. Drives me absolutely crazy. I applaud the folks who ride the line and don't let them go past.:beerme:

TeamBoone
02-11-2006, 08:51 PM
I applaud the folks who ride the line and don't let them go past.:beerme:

That would be me. I will probably be shot some day.

creek14
02-11-2006, 08:51 PM
State "keep right" laws http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

TeamBoone
02-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Looks like Ohio has changed its law. This was told to me by a police officer about three years after I moved from NY.

Or.... I guess he could have been lying.

Reds Nd2
02-11-2006, 10:06 PM
And it reminded me of another one...people who piss on toilet seats in public restrooms!

Not that I've ever done it myself, but I once saw where someone took a dump on a toilet seat at McDonalds. I'm not sure if it was a comment on the food, but it was definantly easier than filling out a comment card. Maybe I need :help:, but yes, I found it funny as hell.

Gainesville Red
02-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Here's my #1 pet peeve these days, don't know if anyone can relate or not. Have to ride the bus onto campus because there's no parking unless you're a freaking millionaire. On the bus in the morning it's always nice and quiet, a good time to read the paper, or catch up on whatever I was supposed to read.

Only I can't because there is always one girl on the quiet bus talking on her cell phone LOUD AS HELL. It's always the same conversation, different girls, but same conversation.
"And then we went to the mall, and we saw this guy, and he was like hey, and I was like hey, but later this girl said this, and I was, like, no way. But she didn't care, she's such a ****."
That type of conversation. You can set your clock to it. Gives me a headache early in the day. I need an iPod. Someone here should send me one.;)

TeamBoone
02-11-2006, 11:55 PM
GR, if you don't have an iPod, just get some headphones with either a portable CD or a radio.

I too find that annoying. I see/hear it everywhere. People have no manners, and obviously don't care that strangers can hear everything about their personal lives (whether they want to or not). So rude.

MrCinatit
02-12-2006, 12:09 AM
1) racism. of course, working with three totally, blatant racists does not help this. which leads to...
2) racists who claim not to be racists. yeah, sorry bud, but the consistent use of certain words and views towards certain people do make you a racist. this also leads me to:
3) people who think you will think exactly as they do, because you are also a white guy living in the U.S.
4) rotten fruit at the store. there is no excuse for this.
5) all caps. hint: all caps makes you look dumber, not smarter.
6) users whose soul purpose in life is to get banned from a website. do us a favor: PM the admin, we'll be happy to do it from the start.
7) Reds pitching.
8) people who will smile in your face, but try to thrust the knife between your shoulder blades when you turn their back on them.
9) "reality" T.V.
10) emergency broadcasting system tests. surely with today's technology, we can test this without interrupting all program, on every station. i seem to recall on the morning of 9/11, our stations had a test...talk about remarkably bad timing.

bucksfan
02-12-2006, 12:40 AM
- people intolerant of other people's personal tastes (music, clothes, etc). Even on the internet, it drives me crazy when someone posts a "favorites" topic, only to see another poster slam someone else's choices, even though the 1st poster was not being inflammatory whatsoever.

- people who seem to think everyone should think/live/act like they do.

- the know-it-all types previously mentioned in this thread.

- people who live in a certain region with a well-established climate documented for at least several decades, yet they complain endlessly when the expected cold/hot/snow/rain/you-name-it seasons hit. MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN AND SHUT UP! (sorry forthe rule #5 violation Mr C ;) )

Gainesville Red
02-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Ewww, you know what I also don't like? Mean dogs. I like when dogs are freindly, and seem happy to see you. Not when they're growling.
I guess you could say you get a dog for security at the house, and that's valid. We've always had Golden Retrievers, if you are a stranger, all you'd have to do to distract the dog is pull up to the house, and open the car door and they'll jump in to go for a ride. So they were never the best guard dogs.

vaticanplum
02-12-2006, 01:18 AM
I reserve every last bit of my annoyed wrath for the grocery store. The world generally treats me very well and then every time I want to go to the grocery store the 5 most annoying percent of the world's population converges and descends on the grocery store at the same time. People who won't move so you can get around them. People who stand on top of you in the checkout line. People who are mean to the cashiers. People who will hold up a line for 20 minutes for the sake of a 35-cent coupon with a faulty bar code. And people who get annoyed at other people. So that includes me, I cannot even stand myself in the grocery store. I absolutely cannot take it, I want to kill them all. If every grain of sand on every beach on the planet were a grain of hate it would not be a tenth as much as I hate the grocery store. And much to my dismay I HAVE TO EAT AND I HAVE TO BUY FOOD. There is no way around it. Oh my God I hate the grocery store so much.

edit: I also hate it when people who cannot board the subway properly. You have to let people get out before you can get on. It's the rule and it doesn't work any other way and you mess up the whole city if you try to run the people over instead of just letting them get off the subway peacefully and efficiently. But I would take a million of these people over a single trip to the grocery store.

02-12-2006, 09:45 AM
People living in town who let their dogs roam, or who aren't vigilent enough to keep them on their property. As a runner, and a father of 2 young boys who likes taking them for walks, this presents a problem and a hazard. I feel the police should always have an animal control guy on duty, and dogs running loose should be darted and put to sleep. No questions asked.

And liberals who think all conservatives are stupid. And conservatives who think all liberals are idiots.

gonelong
02-12-2006, 10:41 AM
People that breathe.

I am feeling a bit crotchety today.

GL

westofyou
02-12-2006, 10:43 AM
People who do touch the monkey

TeamMorris
02-13-2006, 02:19 PM
People who always have the strong need to try and prove someone wrong to make themself look good! Half the time they just look needy for attention. I have had a few friends like this over the years...drives me nuts!!

Dom Heffner
02-17-2006, 12:04 PM
I remembered a few more more. Hope this makes sense.

I cannot stand it when sports announcers bring up meaningless stats.

A few examples:

During the Olympics, some announcers will try and exaggerate the length of time it has been since a country won a medal in a particular event.

"It's been 8 years since Finland won a gold in blah blah blah..."

Well, gee, since the Olympics are only held every four years, you're telling me they only missed winning it one time when they had a chance. Oh boy, how unbelievable is that.

Baseball broadcasters do the same thing. "This is the first time he's homered since September of last year." Well, since they don't play baseball from October through March, that's really not a big deal to me. It's not like he was playing 160 games during the winter. Drives me crazy.

Or how about this one: "The Cowboys have won 9 of the last 10 meetings against the Giants..."

If the teams are division rivals, this means it goes back 5 years, which, if you compared rosters, how different would the teams be? The outcome of a game 5 years ago has nothing to do with the current contest, especially when you are dealing with entirely different players. Announcers act like it is the uniform and helmets that make the difference.

Gainesville Red
02-17-2006, 06:21 PM
This one's just freakin' gross. If you poop in a public bathroom, flush the toilet! I have no interest in looking at your poop when I get there. Or how about when you're washing your hands in the bathroom, and someone walks right past you w/o out washing theirs. GROSS!!!

bucksfan
02-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Two more for me :

1) when you have just emptied the kitchentrash can and then someone puts something in ther so large it occupies 95% of the garbage can capacity, thereby ensuring that the very next thing you toss in there you will be cause for another trip to the garage. Just put that large box or whatever right into the garage garbage in the first place so we save our garbage bags for the smaller stuff.

2) Following up on Dom's last few : when basketball announcers report, seemingly trying to make some sort of impressive point, something like "....and Dominique WIlkins scored 20 of his 39 points in the SECOND HALF!!!!" That's an evenly spread distribution of his points over the 2 halves, so unless you are trying to make a case for how uniformly 'Nique spreads his scoring over the entire game (which I doubt you were trying to do), you could just not get all excited about that. I hear it more around the magnitudes of "... and Calbert Cheaney had 8 of his team leading 15 points in the 1st half to get Indiana off to a fast start..." It's just a little thing, but, in fitting with the spirit of this thread, nonetheless annoys the crap out of me.

02-18-2006, 12:44 AM
1) when you have just emptied the kitchentrash can and then someone puts something in ther so large it occupies 95% of the garbage can capacity, thereby ensuring that the very next thing you toss in there you will be cause for another trip to the garage. Just put that large box or whatever right into the garage garbage in the first place so we save our garbage bags for the smaller stuff.

That happens every day here. I don't have any idea where my wife gets all these boxes!

TeamBoone
02-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Maybe you guys could covertly switch a couple chores with the wife... like, she could begin taking the trash out and you could empty the dishwasher.

I'd be willing to bet that the "late" trash would all but disappear.

OldRightHander
02-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Where do I start?

Slow people in the left lane.

People who pass on the right. If I'm in the middle lane and you're coming up behind me, how hard is it to use the left lane instead of the right to go around me. Why does this bother me so much?

Decorative pillows. What purpose do they actually serve?

Political correctness

Being dishonest to avoid hurting someone's feelings. Sometimes this is ok, but sometimes someone has to be told the truth. It might weed out some of those awful people who audition for American Idol because they were told they were good by the folks at church who were just trying to avoid hurting their feelings.

When a significant female gives her significant male the cold shoulder without telling him specifically what wrong it was that he committed because he should be able to "figure it out." Men don't like to figure things out, at least not emotional things. We like clearly defined rules that cannot be interpreted in different ways.

Pitchers who can't throw strikes.

And the number one most annoying person. Anyone who goes on and on about Adam Dunn and strikeouts.

Jpup
02-20-2006, 12:21 PM
people that post links to articles, but don't post the article. that drives me insane.:bang:

KronoRed
02-20-2006, 12:27 PM
people that post links to articles, but don't post the article. that drives me insane.:bang:
Guilty

What? You can't click??? ;)

BoydsOfSummer
02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Using "then" and "than" in the wrong places. I'm not the greatest with the grammar I'm sure, but that bugs the heck outta me for some reason. I'm sure people get annoyed with my misuse of too and to half the time.

RedsFan75
02-20-2006, 03:33 PM

Ok, it's bad in Ohio and in KY, but it was worse in Texas. Miles and miles, and everyone in the left hand lane, and no passing on the right.... (I did it anyway)

RedsFan75
02-20-2006, 03:40 PM
People living in town who let their dogs roam, or who aren't vigilent enough to keep them on their property. As a runner, and a father of 2 young boys who likes taking them for walks, this presents a problem and a hazard. I feel the police should always have an animal control guy on duty, and dogs running loose should be darted and put to sleep. No questions asked.

And liberals who think all conservatives are stupid. And conservatives who think all liberals are idiots.

To Tag onto this one. I live in the country in SE KY, and we have dogs abandoned in our neighborhood frequently. Cute Border Collie dropped in my driveway couple weeks ago. I already have a Lab, now I know my lot is big and I've got room, but come on, my nieghbor had a beagle dropped on him, guy down the road had a Shephard and a poodle type abandoned.... This is worse than letting them roam free.

max venable
03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
People who narrate their actions They could be telling you where they're going as they walk and talk on their cell phone, or in the cubicle next to you at work ("Oh jeez, I have to go get some more paper clips" or "Dag, I've gotta scratch this itch!"). Are they just thinking aloud, which would put them in the category of those who shouldn't read too much so as not to wear out their lips, or do they really think I care about their personal scratching schedule?

max venable
03-03-2006, 11:46 PM
My kids do this stuff:

Toilet paper...they'll leave like three squares so they don't have to put a new roll on.

In the fridge...they'll leave like two sips in a beverage pitcher so they don't have to refill it.

:bang:

WebScorpion
03-04-2006, 02:54 AM
I reserve every last bit of my annoyed wrath for the grocery store....And much to my dismay I HAVE TO EAT AND I HAVE TO BUY FOOD. There is no way around it. Oh my God I hate the grocery store so much.

Peapod! http://www.peapod.com

For the loud people on their cell phone in a public place...I stand really close to them and just start cursing REALLY loudly. Then they have to interrupt their conversation to explain what's going on. I'm talking in a public place just like them...just because I don't have my cell phone doesn't mean I can't talk. :evil:

The way people drive in Washington, DC, I think the right lane is for passing and the left lane is the slow lane. Also, I think turn signals were outlawed in 1990. :rolleyes:

DunnersGrl44
03-04-2006, 04:07 AM
People that are rude,
People that don't understand what they are complaining about
people that don't tip 20% HAPPY HOUR DOES NOT MEAN HALF THE TIP!
People that are incosiderate
take for example, I work in the service industry, tonight I was working, scheduled to close, we were busy... an hour ticket times, got yelled at, with every table for things taking to long... somewhat understandable.. one of the girls i work with got so stressed out she had a seizure and when she started seizing she smacked her face on a desk and broke her nose and cut her lip. Her tables were so not understanding and demanded that everything be free because their waters were empty for like 2 minutes as the EMT's were working on her, and after we explained the situation, and they wheeled her out on a stretcher, they still were rude. HELLO?!?!... does that sound right to you? I pretty much hate the human race after working in the service industry. Sorry, I used this thread to vent. But give me a break people, everyone always wants something and there is only so much i can do. Plus, hasn't everyone seen the movie "Waiting" don't F with the people that handle your food. Rules to live by

Red in Chicago
03-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Plus, hasn't everyone seen the movie "Waiting" don't F with the people that handle your food. Rules to live by

you said a mouthful there...i go out to eat with my parents every saturday afternoon...we would NEVER even think about being rude to a waiter/waitress...and no matter what the reason may be, NEVER send your food back...either eat it like it is, or not at all...

Red in Chicago
03-04-2006, 09:07 AM
speaking of restaurants...i hate it when the waitress doesn't bring you a new glass on a refill...don't take my glass and bring the same one back to me...especially, if you've taken everyone else's glass from the table...i might be friends with the people at my table, but that doesn't mean i want to be drinking after them...i always mark my straw whenever we go out to eat, just in case they don't bring fresh glasses...

Dom Heffner
03-04-2006, 09:44 AM
i always mark my straw

RIC, after reading some of the things you've shared on here, I can honestly say I would pay to watch you for a day. I'd make sure we went to the grocery store and out to eat with a big group of people. :)

I thought of you the other day when our local news station had a feature on just how filthy grocery cart handles are. They pointed to a study that showed there were more germs on the handles than on toilets or anything else.

I am going to start bringing wipes with me to Publix.

Red in Chicago
03-04-2006, 11:44 AM
dom, if we were to meet, please don't ask to shake my hands:eek: nothing against you of course...just my whackiness;)

the local supermarkets here offer free anti bacterial wipes for your cart...i always use them...on top of that, a bounty towel always comes in handy, just in case...

people at work think i'm completely crazy...i just can't help it...as bad as i am, my father is even worse...unfortunately, as each year passes, i get even worse...

the only time i "lighten up", is when i'm drinking...otherwise, i could never handle going to vegas every year...between touching all those cards and slot machines...enough to push me over the edge...first thing i reach for after checking in, is a nice bloody mary, quickly followed by several other adult beverages:beerme:

max venable
03-04-2006, 01:56 PM
dom, if we were to meet, please don't ask to shake my hands:eek: nothing against you of course...just my whackiness;)

the local supermarkets here offer free anti bacterial wipes for your cart...i always use them...on top of that, a bounty towel always comes in handy, just in case...

people at work think i'm completely crazy...i just can't help it...as bad as i am, my father is even worse...unfortunately, as each year passes, i get even worse...

the only time i "lighten up", is when i'm drinking...otherwise, i could never handle going to vegas every year...between touching all those cards and slot machines...enough to push me over the edge...first thing i reach for after checking in, is a nice bloody mary, quickly followed by several other adult beverages:beerme:

All that stuff usually doesn't bother me too much...except for when I eat a restaurants with salad bars and/or buffets. I always think about how many people have been touching the utensils and where their hands may have been prior to doing so. :yikes:

BoydsOfSummer
03-04-2006, 05:29 PM
People that walk down the middle of the lane in parking lots. Get the hell over to one side because the middle belongs to me and my vehicle. I WILL stop in front of you and force you to walk around or put my bumper inches from your butt as you walk.

creek14
03-04-2006, 05:34 PM
vegas every year...first thing i reach for after checking in, is a nice bloody mary, quickly followed by several other adult beverages:beerme:
Oh oh I want to go to Vegas with RiC.

max venable
03-04-2006, 05:42 PM
People that walk down the middle of the lane in parking lots. Get the hell over to one side because the middle belongs to me and my vehicle. I WILL stop in front of you and force you to walk around or put my bumper inches from your butt as you walk.
You made me think of one. How 'bout in parking lots where the parking is angled and the rows are designed for one-way traffic. Well...I HATE it when cars go against the grain. Screws things up. The cars going the correct way have to try to figure out how to get over to make enough room for both to squeeze through. C'mon people! Pay attention!

cincinnati chili
03-05-2006, 09:13 AM
State "keep right" laws http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

I love how North Carolina's law says "Keep right if below speed limit." Is it really possible to drive the speed limit, exactly? No, it's not.

In other words, those OBEYING the law should stay to the right.

Those BREAKING the law get in the middle.

Those PASSING THOSE WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW get to the left.

I'm not saying this to be a goodie-goodie, as I typically go 5-10 mph over the speed limit on highways. But I think it's interesting that speeding laws are so arbitrary.

cincinnati chili
03-05-2006, 09:16 AM

This link crashed my browser. All of my IE windows closed.

Here, I got one. Things that annoy you... when someone posts a link that crashes my browser window.

cincinnati chili
03-05-2006, 09:19 AM
edit: I also hate it when people who cannot board the subway properly. You have to let people get out before you can get on.

Agreed. It's worse in Boston than New York City. I'm not sure how it is in Chicago.

A few people just don't know the etiquette, and think it's enter on the right, exit on the right (simulaneously). But you also see people who are obviously long-time Bostonians who don't care about the etiquette and just pop in while people are getting out.

cincinnati chili
03-05-2006, 09:21 AM

You mean those who actually obey the copyright laws...

Falls City Beer
03-05-2006, 09:44 AM
People who constantly complain about their work. Um, go back to school, send out your resume, and shut up. Lord, life's too short. A bad day at work is one thing, but if every day is something to b**** about, it's time to hit the job search.

This goes along with the first: people who act like they have a cross to bear that no one else could possibly understand. Dude, trust me, there are probably 6 billion people who have it worse than you on a daily basis.

I'll echo MrCinatat: people who think it's okay to use racist or sexist language around me because I'm an American white male. I'll joke about Cleveland steamers and rusty trombones with the best of the guys, but when it comes to the other stuff: it's not funny. Really.

People who think they know how to be great political climbers, but who are actually bowers and scrapers.

KronoRed
03-05-2006, 01:14 PM
You mean those who actually obey the copyright laws...
So I'm not a pirate in this case ;)

Reds Nd2
03-05-2006, 02:47 PM
This link crashed my browser. All of my IE windows closed.

Here, I got one. Things that annoy you... when someone posts a link that crashes my browser window.

Thats strange. :confused:

I've got a live PGA leaderboard running, streaming the audio for the Reds game, three seperate web pages opened and the link worked fine for me when I tried it just now.

vaticanplum
03-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Agreed. It's worse in Boston than New York City. I'm not sure how it is in Chicago.

It's horrendous in Chicago. Because people believe themselves to have the "nice" label, they just end up passive aggressive about the whole thing, barrelling through when they think no one notices but becoming slithery when they know people are looking. It's a disaster. Seattleites were passive aggressive when I lived there too, but the difference is that they are ACTUALLY laid-back whereas Chicagoans just pretend to be when inside they are seething.

New Yorkers have it down to a science. There is a deep understanding of the rules of boarding public transporation and a connection between all of them and if somebody steps out of line and messes with the system they get harrassed, so everybody wins and the transportation system is very efficient. I've only been on Boston public transit once, but it can't be as bad as Chicago.

TeamCasey
03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
You made me think of one. How 'bout in parking lots where the parking is angled and the rows are designed for one-way traffic. Well...I HATE it when cars go against the grain. Screws things up. The cars going the correct way have to try to figure out how to get over to make enough room for both to squeeze through. C'mon people! Pay attention!

:laugh: Guilty! I try to scoot out of there as quick as I can when I realize I've done it.

Dom Heffner
03-05-2006, 09:17 PM
I can't stand people who work at kiosks where they sell remote control cars, or something like that, and they feel the need to operate the little car or 4x4 truck right in front of all the people walking by- I practically tripped over one of these things today in Orlando. I wanted to just stomp on the stupid little thing....

Falls City Beer
03-05-2006, 09:47 PM
When you have to take a dump in a public restroom and a guy comes into the stall next to you and starts sounding like he'll blast the porcelain right off of the toilet if he farts any louder