PDA

View Full Version : TV shows you make sure you never miss

max venable
02-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Do you have any? I know a lot of people who schedule their lives according to TV Guide (which I will never understand).

What are the shows you make sure you never, ever miss?

I really don't have a single show that I have to watch. I'm not a TV guy (but my wife and I really enjoy movies--Netflix rocks!). But the one TV show that we really enjoy watching as a family (all 5 of us) is American Idol.

Yup, we've been Idolized.

Your faves?

RFS62
02-12-2006, 04:02 PM

Sopranos

Deadwood

Rome

Six Feet Under (now deceased)

max venable
02-12-2006, 04:04 PM

Sopranos

Deadwood

Rome

Six Feet Under (now deceased)
I have never watched a single episode of any of those shows. Am I deprived?

RFS62
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM

It may be that I'm depraved

RFS62
02-12-2006, 04:07 PM

I also like Entourage and Curb your Enthusiasm, but can't always remember to catch them when they're on.

Other than sports and movies, that's about all I watch.

Danny Serafini
02-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Only a couple. Most of network TV is junk, if I'm watching something it's more likely to be a race or a game, but there are a couple of shows as well that I make sure I see every week: The Shield, The Simpsons, and that guilty pleasure American Idol. I like Law & Order as well, but I don't worry about catching new episodes since cable shows about 184 episodes a week, so I figure I'll see it sooner or later.

westofyou
02-12-2006, 04:18 PM
I watch HBO so all that stuff comes around once a week... as for the rest of TV I don't seek anything out, if I miss it then I missed it. Except for sports, I don't miss Red Wing games or Reds games if I can help it.

pedro
02-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I try to watch The Simpsons and King of the Hill on Sundays, but that really about it.

alex trevino
02-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Sopranos

KittyDuran
02-12-2006, 05:01 PM
I have never watched a single episode of any of those shows. Am I deprived?Count me in as one who never watched any of those shows - matter of fact, I'm the master of the remote!!! I almost never watch network shows... preferring the History Channel, Discovery, National Geographic, PBS, HGTV, Bravo, TLC, and the occasional VH-1. The good thing about it is that on my cable system they are pretty much confined to the last part of the lineup.

VI_RedsFan
02-12-2006, 05:03 PM

LOST

My Name Is Earl

The Office

Will and Grace

RedsBaron
02-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Most of my TV viewing is sports, news, The History Channel, movies---plus a lot of whatever my kids watch (but even they rarely watch the current prime time fare of the "major" networks such as NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC, etc.). My family has become hooked on the "Dancing with the Stars" program. I did make a point to watch "Alias" but it is off the air and will return in a couple of months for its final few episodes.

max venable
02-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Count me in as one who never watched any of those shows - matter of fact, I'm the master of the remote!!! I almost never watch network shows... preferring the History Channel, Discovery, National Geographic, PBS, HGTV, Bravo, TLC, and the occasional VH-1. The good thing about it is that on my cable system they are pretty much confined to the last part of the lineup.
I'm with you on those, Kitty. We're also starting to watch the Food Network a little. My 7-year-old is a big Rachael Ray fan.

pedro
02-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm with you on those, Kitty. We're also starting to watch the Foot Network a little. My 7-year-old is a big Rachael Ray fan.

The "Foot Network"? You kinky son of a gun. ;)

max venable
02-12-2006, 05:50 PM
:oops:

RFS62
02-12-2006, 05:58 PM

Hey, whatever melts your butter.

:pimp:

pedro
02-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey, whatever melts your butter.

:pimp:

I know you have a stash of "Modern Podiatrist" in the back of your closet RFS. ;)

MWM
02-12-2006, 06:11 PM

Cheers re-runs

FBI Files (Discovery Channel)

Anything dealing with WWII on the History Channel.

Reds Fanatic
02-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Lost
The Sopranos
Deadwood
The Wire
CSI
The Office
South Park

MrCinatit
02-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Lost
Scrubs
My Name Is Earl
The Office
The Simpsons
i'll drop (almost) everything when MythBusters is on.

Patrick Bateman
02-12-2006, 07:52 PM
LOST
Southpark
The Office
Scrubs
My name is Earl
Family Guy

Sabo Fan
02-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Family Guy
The Office
Scrubs
South Park
Batman the Animated Series reruns on Boomerang. Loved them as a kid and now I get to watch it almost every night.

gonelong
02-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Lost
CSI - orignal
Desperate Housewives
Sopranos
Deadwood

GL

The Baumer
02-12-2006, 08:14 PM
The Office. The Valentine's Day episode was hilarious. "A Michael Scott Joint."

Red in Chicago
02-12-2006, 09:53 PM
survivor...yes, after all these years...still watching, but the first season was the best...

american idol...see survivor comment;)

the office...the guy just makes you gringe...:eek:

lost...not sure why...i actually hate the show, but find myself watching it week after week...of course, that's except when they show three weeks of repeats in the middle of the season for no reason:angry:

mad money...although, i must admit the "lightning round" has grown extremely tiresome...i mean, exactly how many different ways can someone say "booyah skee daddy"...and must everyone's child get on the phone? :rolleyes:

the apprentice...yes, see survivor comment above;)

Super_Barry11
02-13-2006, 01:09 AM
The Office. The Valentine's Day episode was hilarious. "A Michael Scott Joint."

I have an almost unhealthy obsession with The Office. I've watched every single episode more than once... It cracks me up like no other. My obsession might also be related to the fact that I'm madly in love with the character, Jim Halpert. :luvu: :laugh:

Jpup
02-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Raw, American Choppers, and World Poker Tour (new episodes). Other than those, I only watch sports programming for the most part. I'll catch another show here and there, but I'm not much of a TV nut, other than sports.

GAC
02-13-2006, 09:06 AM
I don't really watch much TV anymore. I usually fall asleep in the lazyboy. I'm more of a fan of the old sitcoms, so the wife and I watch alot of Nick At Night. I couldn't tell you the names of most of the sitcoms/series that have come out in the last ten years. I've never seen Sopranos, Six Feet Under, etc etc.

The only way I can watch episode TV is when it comes out on DVD. I can never remember to set up the VCR to record them. ;)

I have Deadwood's 1st season on DVD and loved it. I wish they would hurry up and come out with Season Two. They replayed season two starting in December (every Sunday night).... but again - memory -VCR - D'uh.

I've been renting the first season of Curb Your Enthusiam. Good show. The brains behind Seinfeld for sure.

creek14
02-13-2006, 09:13 AM
The only network show I try to catch is E-Ring. Cause I don't get enough of that kind of stuff at work. :bang:

I like MythBusters and some stuff on HGTV like Curb Appeal and House Hunters. I also watch just about anything on the Military Channel (see above :bang: comment).

But I hardly every watch anything when it's on. I DVR everything and fast forward through the commercials.

Red Leader
02-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Sopranos
Desperate Housewives
Grey's Anatomy
The Amazing Race
MythBusters
Without A Trace
Forensic Files

RedsBaron
02-13-2006, 09:40 AM
My wife and oldest son do watch a lot of CSI, both new ones and repeats. I've watched it a few times myself.

savafan
02-13-2006, 09:58 AM

LOST

Rescue Me

That's it.

max venable
02-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Sopranos
Desperate Housewives
Grey's Anatomy
The Amazing Race
MythBusters
Without A Trace
Forensic Files
Myth Busters is the only one I've ever seen out of that list. I have zero interest in watching any of the others.

Red Leader
02-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Myth Busters is the only one I've ever seen out of that list. I have zero interest in watching any of the others.

Well, thanks for sharing that.;)

IowaRed
02-13-2006, 10:24 AM
The Office
The Simpsons
Crossing Jordan
That 70's Show (although it's gone downhill fast over the past 2 seasons)
Andy Griffith Show

westofyou
02-13-2006, 10:31 AM
I have zero interest in watching any of the others.

The Sopranos is (I can attest to this without having seen the other to compare) a much better use of ones time than American Idol.

creek14
02-13-2006, 10:34 AM
I've never watched an American Idol episode.

If I want to kill brain cells, I'll drink. :mooner: :all_cohol

macro
02-13-2006, 10:37 AM
As much as I loathe reality television, we don't miss American Idol once they get to Hollywood. We usually don't miss the first-round auditions, either, but the must-see shows are the ones when they get to Hollywood.

Other than that, I don't plan my schedule around any regular-run show, although I might make it a point to watch a one-time special or something like that.

max venable
02-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Well, thanks for sharing that.;)
Just sayin'

;)

TeamCasey
02-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Mostly, the science dramas:

Lost
Invasion
Surface
CSI - Original
ER
Survivor (habit at this point)
Desperate Housewives (normally not my thing, but the humor and twists keep me coming back for more. It doesn't take itself seriously.)

I was watching Threshold until it disappeared. Aliens probably stole it from the air. :alien:

RedRoser
02-13-2006, 11:33 AM
In order of my preference:
Injustice
Reba
Desperate Housewives
Dawson's Creek (repeats)
Friends (repeats)
Coach (repeats)

IowaRed
02-13-2006, 12:56 PM

Ditto-I've not only never seen an American Idol episode, I've never seen any "reality" TV show

max venable
02-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Ditto-I've not only never seen an American Idol episode, I've never seen any "reality" TV show
That's pretty amazing. Especially considering that reality shows are pretty much all that's on anymore. Idol is the only one I watch. It's fun to watch with my kids. We also went through a Fear Factor phase but it got old. And somehow, amazingly, we got sucked into the Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance show. I know, weird.

westofyou
02-13-2006, 01:27 PM
I've never seen any of these shows

Law and Order
ER
CSI - (Anywhere)
Cold Case or any Forensic show without Jack Klugman
West Wing
Fear Factor
Any Survivor after the first one
American Idol
NYPD

guttle11
02-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Not so much that I never miss, but if I'm home and their on, I'm watching...

Simpsons
King of the Hill
Family Guy
Dog the Bounty Hunter
American Justice
Next (MTV, it's so bad, it's good.)

IowaRed
02-13-2006, 02:01 PM
I've never seen an episode of Seinfeld or Friends-blasphemous, I know

TeamMorris
02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Amazing race
Numbers
Criminal minds
CSI (all)
Missing
Cold case
Without a trace
Regis & Kelly
Ellen

missionhockey21
02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I watch way too much TV, thankfully Tivo is my most favorite friend. Here are the ones that I would be pretty upset if I missed, enough so that I would spend hours downloading if I found a site with it.

Arrested Development (Hopefully I'll be watching it next year too... :()
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Office
The Simpsons
Lost
My Name Is Earl

bucksfan
02-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Can't really say I make sure to never miss anything besides Buckeye football and hoops (I cannot say same for Reds due to 162 game season), but the curretn TV shows I try to see are :

Grey's Anatomy
ER
The Office

Mostly though just sports or the HGTV/Discovery/History Channel sorta fare... But mostly sports. And when it gets warmer and outside beckons, no shows really at all...

macro
02-13-2006, 11:03 PM

I didn't watch the first three seasons, but we started watching last year for some reason, and got hooked. I guess it's my guilty pleasure. I suspect that the people chosen for the 24 finalists are chosen based on what will make for good television as much as for their singing talent, though. Like all "reality" television, the producers take great liberties. As much as I like the show and look forward to it each week, I ain't gonna disagree with what you said, creek.

:laugh:

HotCorner
02-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Lost

BuckeyeRed27
02-14-2006, 12:57 AM
DVR is the greatest invention ever. I pretty much just tape everything and then watch it when I feel like it. I didn't watch The Office until a couple weeks ago and then watched 7 episodes on a Saturday afternoon when I had nothing to do. Same thing with CSI.
But shows that I really like to watch are:
Lost
Love Monkey
Dancing with the Stars
House
and The OC

dman
02-14-2006, 06:05 AM
2 1/2 Men
Flip This House
Mail Call
The First 48

TRF
02-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Battlestar Galactica
Family Guy
Rescue Me
Firefly reruns
House (If you aren't watching House you are missing out.)
Justice League on Cartoon Network.

Mario-Rijo
02-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Gotta go with

Survivor
CSI (The original)
Dog the Bounty Hunter
Deadwood

The Rest of the likes:
Cops
American Idol (But only during the 1st round of auditions to laugh at all the "non-singers", after that it doesn't interest me much)
A&E (Almost anything)
Law & Order
Sopranos
Seinfeld
That 70's show

Shows I've yet to see but would like to sometime.

Lost
Desperate Housewives

LoganBuck
02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Lost
Invasion
South Park
Chappelle's Show
Family Guy
Any Reds games

captainmorgan07
02-14-2006, 09:55 PM
grey's anatomy
i'll admit im a guy but i watch desperate housewifes for the hot ladies come on eva longoria's in her underwear all the time
sportscenter
mike and mike in the morning

Blimpie
02-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Sopranos
First 48
Family Guy
Amazing Race

Sean_CaseyRules
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
The Office
My Name Is Earl
Grey's Anatomy??

Johnny Footstool
02-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Battlestar Galactica (although I haven't seen the second season...no TiVo!)
Sopranos (finally watched all the previous 5 seasons on DVD, so I'm ready for Season 6 to start next month.)
Boondocks
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

creek14
02-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Battlestar Galactica (although I haven't seen the second season...no TiVo!)
Sopranos (finally watched all the previous 5 seasons on DVD, so I'm ready for Season 6 to start next month.)
Boondocks
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Enjoy those Johnny. In about a couple years the list will be

Sesame Street
Barney
Telly Tubbies
Boohbah

Ibleedblue
02-15-2006, 02:25 PM
I watch way too much TV, thankfully Tivo is my most favorite friend. Here are the ones that I would be pretty upset if I missed, enough so that I would spend hours downloading if I found a site with it.

Arrested Development (Hopefully I'll be watching it next year too... :()
Mitch Hurwitz, the showrunner has two pickup offers, one from ABC and a 2 season agreement with a 3rd season option from Showtime. He is leaning towards declining them because he doesn't feel up to it.

Also, someone listed Love Monkey, it is going on "hiatus" and is probably gone for good.

Now, on to my list:
Arrested Development(RIP)
The Office
Lost
Veronica Mars
Grey's Anatomy

Johnny Footstool
02-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Enjoy those Johnny. In about a couple years the list will be

Sesame Street
Barney
Telly Tubbies
Boohbah

Luckily, I do still enjoy Sesame Street.

But I don't think Barney will ever rear his horrid purple head in my house.

Matt700wlw
02-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Right now....

24 and the Shield are my priorities. With work, I don't have time for much else on a regular basis.

Luckily, I have 3 shots to catch the Shield on any given week...

max venable
02-15-2006, 04:16 PM

But I don't think Barney will ever rear his horrid purple head in my house.
Barney is the devil :evil:

creek14
02-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Barney is the devil :evil:
I was at a comedy club or somewhere a long time ago and the guy sang the Barney song, it went something like this

I hate you
You hate me
We're a dysfunctional family...

max venable
02-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I was at a comedy club or somewhere a long time ago and the guy sang the Barney song, it went something like this

I hate you
You hate me
We're a dysfunctional family...
I hate you, you hate me, let's tie Barney to a tree...
Hit him in the head with a great big 2 x 4...
No more purple dine-o-saur. :cry:

Have you seen the Famous Chicken's routine where he kicks Barney's butt? Pretty funny.

Blimpie
02-16-2006, 01:08 PM

But I don't think Barney will ever rear his horrid purple head in my house.So long as your home stays devoid of anything pertaining to The Wiggles, then you have a puncher's chance of surviving the next 4 years of your life.

Otherwise, you have my pity....

gm
02-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Got hooked on AI a few seasons ago when it was Clay vs. Ruben
My wife went from watching "The Practice" to "Boston Legal" and has roped me in
Used to never miss "Junkyard Wars" and "The X-Files"
Favorite channel is probably Discovery

bianchiveloce
02-17-2006, 08:16 AM

VI_RedsFan
02-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Lost

Good choices 2844. Those two are my favorite shows of all time next to Friends.

OldRightHander
02-20-2006, 11:04 AM
With my schedule I don't have the chance to be home for a regular show, but my brother bought the first couple seasons of 24 on DVD and loaned me the first season last week. That one is pretty darn good and I think I'm going to go ahead and catch up on the other seasons via DVD before next season starts. I guess I'd better get a DVR before then so I can watch the episodes at my leisure.

Nugget
03-06-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm surprised there aren't a lot more Numb3rs fans.