PDA

View Full Version : If Guns are outlawed, only vice presidents will shoot their cronies accidentally

cincinnati chili
02-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Too bad Saturday Night Live won't be "live" for a while.

They'd have fun with this:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html

pedro
02-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Good thing Cheney travels with a Dr. and his own ambulance.

rdiersin
02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Maybe Dick Cheney needs to go hunting with Bobby Knight. I know if I were there I would :runaway:

RedsBaron
02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Man, Cheney shot a fellow Republican....imagine what he would've done to a Democrat.;) Of course, the victim was a lawyer:) ( since I am a lawyer, I thought I'd get that comment out of the way:p: )
Seriously, hunting accident do happen even to veteran hunters, but I wonder if Cheney needs one of the lectures I've given my soon-to-be 15 year old son about gun safety and hunting.

cincinnati chili
02-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Seriously, hunting accident do happen even to veteran hunters, but I wonder if Cheney needs one of the lectures I've given my soon-to-be 15 year old son about gun safety and hunting.

Was he at fault? I'm not a hunter. Maybe the shooter is always at fault, but I heard something about the lawyer sort of reversing course and walking into his line.

LoganBuck
02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
And to think the Democrats were worried about Cheney peddling influence on his hunting trips.

I am going to set my DVR to record Leno and Obrien tomorrow night, the laughs should be pretty good.

Hap
02-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Conspiracy Theorists....activate!!!!!!!!!!!

GAC
02-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Was he at fault? I'm not a hunter. Maybe the shooter is always at fault, but I heard something about the lawyer sort of reversing course and walking into his line.

If it was a lawyer, then he was probably crawling on his belly. :p:

RedsBaron
02-13-2006, 09:38 AM
If it was a lawyer, then he was probably crawling on his belly. :p:
I'm just waiting for someone to say that the lawyer was "in season" and that there is "no limit.";)
I'm glad the victim was reprtedly not seriously injured, but man-oh-man the jokes that this incident will give rise to. Borowitz already has a column online "quoting" Cheney as saying the incident resulted from "faulty intelligence" and that Cheney believed he was shooting at a terrorist. Borowitz also "quotes" Bush as saying that the incident sends a message to terrorsits everywhere: "If Cheney will shoot an innocent American citizen at point-blank range, just think what he will do to you."
Cheney has reportedly said he will not run for office in 2008, but I have thought of the "phot-ops" that candidates often run during election years, showing themselves hunting so as to try to appeal for the votes of hunters--imagine the photo-op Cheney will now have!:evil:
By the way, I mean absolutely nothing "political" by this post and I don't want to violate this board's policy. I just find the story to be funny and I'm glad it is not tragic, as it could have been.

Chip R
02-13-2006, 10:01 AM
http://lastperson.suncircle.org/index.php/topic,435.0.html