PDA

View Full Version : Dunn's on Sports Talk (WLW) right now!

KittyDuran
02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
.. don't know for how long...

KittyDuran
02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, that's the end - just caught the last 5 minutes of it. Dunn said that he will be leaving for Florida [God's country] on Friday. Said that ST is mostly for the pitchers and that he would prefer only 1-2 weeks for the hitters. Just bought a boat? [Furrball referred to him buying a boat and Dunn said he already has one]. Furrball mentioned the loss of Casey in the cliubhouse and hinted that maybe Dunn would become a leader - but Adam said that leaders are not appointed and that the other players just know who to look up to.

harangatang
02-14-2006, 08:37 PM
All I caught was the boat part on the air but thanks for posting anyway.

reds44
02-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Well, that's the end - just caught the last 5 minutes of it. Dunn said that he will be leaving for Florida [God's country] on Friday. Said that ST is mostly for the pitchers and that he would prefer only 1-2 weeks for the hitters. Just bought a boat? [Furrball referred to him buying a boat and Dunn said he already has one]. Furrball mentioned the loss of Casey in the cliubhouse and hinted that maybe Dunn would become a leader - but Adam said that leaders are not appointed and that the other players just know who to look up to.

Good to see him wanting to get that extra work in.
:bang:

RBA
02-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Kitty, Congrats on 5000 posts!!!

KittyDuran
02-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Kitty, Congrats on 5000 posts!!!Oh, Yeah!!! :thumbup: [I'm gaining on Krono...;) ]

KronoRed
02-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Bring it :evil:

Thanks Kitty :)

westofyou
02-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Hall of Famer Edd Roush held out every spring because he hated ST, said it was a waste of time, and that he could be counted on to be in shape once the season started.

That said I think ST is too long too. The last 2 weeks are painful.

Nugget
02-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Not if yuor like Austin Kearns last year. Some guys can work after 1 or 2 weeks some take more some take less. You really have to cater for all in your club to make sure the team is ready for the regular seasons.

Falls City Beer
02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
You know what I'm even more sick of than the Reds sucking? B****ing about work ethics.

westofyou
02-14-2006, 10:14 PM
You really have to cater for all in your club to make sure the team is ready for the regular seasons.

All these guys go home with a workout schedule designed for them by the club and have to check in with the club every couple of weeks.

BUTLER REDSFAN
02-14-2006, 10:37 PM
All these guys go home with a workout schedule designed for them by the club and have to check in with the club every couple of weeks.

then what happened to kearns last year!?!?

RBA
02-14-2006, 10:51 PM

Krispy Kreme expanded to Kentucky?

reds44
02-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Krispy Kreme expanded to Kentucky?

LOL

smith288
02-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Dunn was on Herbie's show and said he "dont want to sound conceited but think I was a leader when I came here and will continue." or something like that.

macro
02-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Given that players (supposedly) work out year round, I think two weeks would be plenty. The current schedule is the same as it was for players 40-50 years ago, when they worked a job or laid around all winter.

Dom Heffner
02-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Hall of Famer Edd Roush held out every spring because he hated ST, said it was a waste of time, and that he could be counted on to be in shape once the season started.

Remember when Kevin Mitchell said the same thing, showed up late to ST, and then homered on his first at bat?

I loved that guy- his bat anyway.

westofyou
02-15-2006, 02:07 AM

I heard he spent all his time rehabbing his hand injury and didn't get the work in on his other stuff, plus they have to still feed themselves.

No system is perfect and some guys go Chris Penn or Orson Welles at a certain age despite their best intentions, but eating poorly is a major culprit.

Crap can fill ya up quickly as evidenced by the film "Supersize Me"

Ron Madden
02-15-2006, 04:50 AM
Andy Furman has no more business Hosting a Sports Talk Show Than I do teaching an English class. ;)