PDA

View Full Version : Luke Hudson cleared waivers....

danken12
02-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Per Marc's blog. He hasn't yet been outrighted to Louisville..

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

westofyou
02-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Good thing the Reds kept all these guys who clear waivers on their roster all winter... another black eye for the former regime's lack of action.

Johnny Footstool
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Good thing the Reds kept all these guys who clear waivers on their roster all winter... another black eye for the former regime's lack of action.

My cat used to play with plastic milk rings and wadded-up paper towels -- basically trash. I'd throw them and he'd chase after them and bring them back. I discovered he kept a stash of those "precious" toys hidden behind the couch, perhaps in fear that some other cat would wander by and take them.

DanO is the cat. Bong, Nelson, Hudson, Machado, et. al. are the milk rings and wadded-up paper towels.

pedro
02-15-2006, 12:11 PM
My cat used to play with plastic milk rings and wadded-up paper towels -- basically trash. I'd throw them and he'd chase after them and bring them back. I discovered he kept a stash of those "precious" toys hidden behind the couch, perhaps in fear that some other cat would wander by and take them.

DanO is the cat. Bong, Nelson, Hudson, Machado, et. al. are the milk rings and wadded-up paper towels.

:laugh:

westofyou
02-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Our cats like pipe cleaners.. they carry them around and leave them in their food dish.

Some have a longer shelf lif ethan a DanO project.

alexad
02-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Hudson (WHEN HEALTHY) can throw some heat. Maybe have him pitch in AAA as a reliever and see if he might have something left in his tank. We are still looking at a closer correct?

westofyou
02-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Hudson can't warm up quick or more than once... he'll have some great stories later in life.

Falls City Beer
02-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Our cats like pipe cleaners.. they carry them around and leave them in their food dish.

Some have a longer shelf lif ethan a DanO project.

The question here of course is not why would a cat enjoy a pipe cleaner, but rather, why would the ofyous, particularly west, own pipe cleaners. I'll take my answer off the air.

flyer85
02-15-2006, 12:35 PM
no other team wants the scorn and ridicule that would come from actually claiming a Reds pitcher and putting them on their 40 man roster.

pedro
02-15-2006, 12:38 PM
The question here of course is not why would a cat enjoy a pipe cleaner, but rather, why would the ofyous, particularly west, own pipe cleaners. I'll take my answer off the air.

He uses them in his party clown act.

westofyou
02-15-2006, 12:40 PM

Great for cleaning bike gears works and chains and other hard to get nooks and crannies... do people use them for other things?

westofyou
02-15-2006, 12:41 PM
He uses them in his party clown act.
Shhhhh

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m1/shakes1.jpg

Doc. Scott
02-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Great for cleaning bike gears works and chains and other hard to get nooks and crannies... do people use them for other things?

They hurt your ears if you're not careful.

pedro
02-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Shhhhh

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m1/shakes1.jpg

Yes it is true. WOY can make one mean pony out of pipe cleaners. And his piece, "Sock Hop: A study in Pipe Cleaners" is perhaps the seminal piece in the genre.

http://soulemama.typepad.com/soulemama/images/dolls4_1.jpg

traderumor
02-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Shhhhh

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m1/shakes1.jpgFitting in a thread on Hudson, who is one of many clowns also known as Reds pitchers that keep clearing waivers. Or is that O'Brien's new gig :evil:

pedro
02-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Fitting in a thread on Hudson, who is one of many clowns also known as Reds pitchers that keep clearing waivers. Or is that O'Brien's new gig :evil:

No doubt. My cats may eat bugs but at least they don't keep dragging Anderson Machado back into the house.

traderumor
02-15-2006, 12:56 PM
No doubt. My cats may eat bugs but at least they don't keep dragging Anderson Machado back into the house.

I figure if we're talking cats and Reds pitchers, the subject of coughing up fur balls has to come into play at some point :laugh:

Red Leader
02-15-2006, 01:00 PM

Not that they couldn't drag that dude into the house. Can't weigh more than a buck o five.

KronoRed
02-15-2006, 01:01 PM
I think he has 2 cats so they could handle that no trouble.

cumberlandreds
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM
I always thought Hudson had good stuff but just couldn't control it. Maybe this one last chance to the minors will get that straightened out. If he ever could control his pitches he could be a decent starter. But he may be too far gone to salvage a career.

James B.
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I always thought Hudson had good stuff but just couldn't control it. Maybe this one last chance to the minors will get that straightened out. If he ever could control his pitches he could be a decent starter. But he may be too far gone to salvage a career.

I agree he has good stuff and I am suprised someone did not pick him up. I guess nobody wants to mess with a pitcher that the reds have given up on. I would send him down to the minors and give him another chance.

Matt700wlw
02-15-2006, 04:23 PM

Cool...I'll have little treats waiting for me in a couple weeks when I move out of my apartment!

creek14
02-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Clearing waviers must be like not having a date to the prom.

westofyou
02-15-2006, 04:29 PM

For a pitcher getting put on waivers by the Reds is like getting dumped by Urkle.

Team Clark
02-15-2006, 07:04 PM
The Braves have been in contact. His agent wants a Major League deal. Braves have two open spots on their 40 man apparently. Roger McDowell may do wonders for him. Change of scenery, blah, blah, blah...

Team Clark
02-15-2006, 07:06 PM

Some have said the same about the D-Rays too!! LOL!:laugh:

Doc. Scott
02-15-2006, 07:09 PM
The Braves have been in contact. His agent wants a Major League deal. Braves have two open spots on their 40 man apparently. Roger McDowell may do wonders for him. Change of scenery, blah, blah, blah...

So why didn't they just claim him on waivers?

flyer85
02-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Can't the Reds still outright him to AAA anyway? I thought they could do that once after passing through waivers.

Gallen5862
02-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Are we working on a trade of Hudson to the Braves? We had Ten days to designate him. Any info on this Team Clark?

pedro
02-15-2006, 08:35 PM

I think it's b/c then the Braves would then have had to put him on their 40 man roster. If they work a trade out for him now IIRC then they can just outright him to richmond and not take up roster space.

TeamBoone
02-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Wow! Every time I read this board I learn something new.

I don't know how you guys keep up with all these rules. Thanks, Pedro.

Gallen5862
02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Who should we ask for from the Braves if we are going to trade Hudson to them?

harangatang
02-15-2006, 09:22 PM
You got remember the Braves are smart at screwing people over on trades. Like the Chris Reitsma trade or the trade they made for Jorge Sosa last year.

traderumor
02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
You got remember the Braves are smart at screwing people over on trades. Like the Chris Reitsma trade or the trade they made for Jorge Sosa last year.It would be impossible to get screwed in a deal for Luke Hudson.

flyer85
02-15-2006, 10:32 PM
It would be impossible to get screwed in a deal for Luke Hudson.we could if we were dumb enough to get Tony WOmack in return. Uh ... wait, we already did that.:bang:

Team Clark
02-16-2006, 12:14 AM

Why spend the money on a waiver claim? Especially at this time of year.

Team Clark
02-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Are we working on a trade of Hudson to the Braves? We had Ten days to designate him. Any info on this Team Clark?

Nope. I learned this info from Hudson's agent. I don't think he would or would be willing to divulge anyhting other than his client is obviously available and at what terms.

Team Clark
02-16-2006, 12:17 AM
I think it's b/c then the Braves would then have had to put him on their 40 man roster. If they work a trade out for him now IIRC then they can just outright him to richmond and not take up roster space.

True. He's not worth being placed on a 40 man at this point.