PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Tuffy wasn't very popular the Yomiuri Giants

Bucky Furgoo
02-15-2006, 12:50 PM
...Tatsunori Hara will be able to use Lee as an infielder or outfielder to replace players such as Tuffy Rhodes, whose tirades and bad shoulder made him unpopular with the Giants, and Kazuhiro Kiyohara, who was mostly unproductive last season in 96 games.

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20060120TDY24004.htm

traderumor
02-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the board, Bucky.

I bet your screenname is something spelled backwards

Oh, i see it "oogrufyk cub"

Ah, a Cubs fan from Oogrufyk. :)

Bucky Furgoo
02-15-2006, 01:11 PM
If you figure out what it means, then please let me know. Cause I don't have a clue. :D

traderumor
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
If you figure out what it means, then please let me know. Cause I don't have a clue. :DYou mean that wasn't it? :evil:

Doc. Scott
02-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, the press and fans in Japan are notoriously rigid in their disapproval of any action that doesn't fit into the strict definition of "team behavior". And double that for gaijin.

Bucky Furgoo
02-15-2006, 02:51 PM
...Also in 2005, Rhodes set the NPB record for career ejections, when he was thrown out of a game in May. It was his 9th ejection, breaking the mark held by Masaichi Kaneda.

After the season ended, Rhodes was released by the Giants. It is unclear if any other Japanese teams are interested in his services.

No matter what happens, though, Rhodes has had an amazing career in Japan. His 360 homers (as of 7/23/05) rank him among the top 20 in NPB history, over 70 more than any other foreigner. While he has run into some trouble with PR and management this year, he has adapted better to Japanese life than most Americans and has become fluent in Japanese and not sought to impose his ways on Japanese culture...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Tuffy_Rhodes

CincyFalcon
02-15-2006, 03:37 PM
These posts and all the Tuffy Rhodes talk keep giving me visions of Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball...

toledodan
02-15-2006, 03:39 PM
These posts and all the Tuffy Rhodes talk keep giving me visions of Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball...

that was a great movie.:beerme: