PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Marty Interview Audio

writerdan33
02-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey all,

Sorry for the delay, but here is the interview Marty did on my show here in Clemson last Monday. It's broken into two separate files. When you hit the link, they'll actually download onto your computer. But they are clean/virus free.

About 43 minutes total. Hope you enjoy.

http://tigernet.com:8080/multimedia/audio/marty.wma

http://tigernet.com:8080/multimedia/audio/marty2.wma

Cedric
02-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Awesome stuff. Thanks.

KronoRed
02-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Thanks writerdan :)

paintmered
02-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Marty: "I'm convinced that the home run is the most overrated stat in baseball."

:(

registerthis
02-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Marty: "I'm convinced that the home run is the most overrated stat in baseball."

Sac flies, however, should be the bread and butter of any team's offense.

TeamBoone
02-17-2006, 11:33 AM

Perhaps, when the occasional player stumbles onto one or two. But for a power hitter who can knock them out of any park on a regular basis, what the heck is overrated about that?

Again, shaking my head... where are the peanuts?

KronoRed
02-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah the BRM didn't hit any homers.

traderumor
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM

I think touchdowns are overrated in football, too. :rolleyes:

creek14
02-17-2006, 12:56 PM

And let me guess, Marty, K's are just terrible, terrible. :rolleyes:

guttle11
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM

I think what Marty was saying was that people tend to bwell too much on the HR stat, and not what's most important, which is total runs. I don't think Marty would deny that HR are certainly a positive, but they really shouoldn't be the toal focus of a team.

I agree.

guttle11
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM

I think what Marty was saying was that people tend to dwell too much on the HR stat, and not what's most important, which is total runs. I don't think Marty would deny that HR are certainly a positive, but they really shouldn't be the toal focus of a team.

I agree.

TeamBoone
02-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I think what Marty was saying was that people tend to bwell too much on the HR stat, and not what's most important, which is total runs. I don't think Marty would deny that HR are certainly a positive, but they really shouoldn't be the toal focus of a team.

I agree.

And you're putting a whole lot of words into what he said; I totally agree with what you said. But if that's what Marty meant, why didn't he qualify it?

Also, I highly doubt ANYONE thinks HR should be the total focus of a team. But a whole lot of them think BA should be (Marty included).

guttle11
02-17-2006, 01:35 PM
And you're putting a whole lot of words into what he said; I totally agree with what you said. But if that's what Marty meant, why didn't he qualify it?

Also, I highly doubt ANYONE thinks HR should be the total focus of a team. But a whole lot of them think BA should be (Marty included).

It's just my assesment of what he said. Saying "Homeruns are the most overrated stat in baseball" leaves a lot to be interpreted.

paintmered
02-17-2006, 01:59 PM
His logic was this:

The Reds hit a ton of home runs last year. The Reds finished 5th in the division. Therefore home runs are overrated.

KronoRed
02-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Pitching has nothing to do with it huh? ;)

guttle11
02-17-2006, 02:28 PM
His logic was this:

The Reds hit a ton of home runs last year. The Reds finished 5th in the division. Therefore home runs are overrated.

What you are saying there makes a lot of sense. Perfect sense, actually.

Jpup
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
What you are saying there makes a lot of sense. Perfect sense, actually.

It's the pitching.

guttle11
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I know that. Marty never said anything about pitching. He said that HR's are overrated, which I agree with because:

A. The Reds hit a ton last year.

B. The Reds finished in fifth place.

Deductive reasoning says that pitching is the key, yet many people like to focus on the power hitting aspect of the game.

EDIT: Wow, I screwed up the edit. If a mod could delete my first post, that'd be cool.

TeamBoone
02-17-2006, 03:19 PM
His logic was this:

The Reds scored a lot of runs last year. The Reds finished 5th in the division. Therefore scoring a lot of runs is overrated.

You could plug in a lot of different words... the subsequent meaning is not always the same.

Ron Madden
02-18-2006, 10:06 PM

Par for the course. :rolleyes:

Matt700wlw
02-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Bottom line is pitching, no matter how you slice it.