PDA

View Full Version : John Michael Montgomery's Wild Night in Lexington

WMR
02-17-2006, 02:34 AM
John Michael Montgomery Arrested on DUI
Country Star Also Charged With Carrying a Concealed Weapon

LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 16) - John Michael Montgomery has been arrested and charged with driving under the influence and possession of a controlled drug, police said.

The 41-year-old country singer also was charged with having a prescription drug not in its proper container, two counts of carrying a concealed deadly weapon, disregarding a traffic control device and improper turning, said Lexington Police spokesman Maj. Barry Cecil.

Montgomery's lawyer, Jon Woodall, entered a plea of not guilty on his behalf. Montgomery didn't appear in court.

The police report said Montgomery had two loaded handguns in his vehicle, one under the driver's seat and one under the front passenger's seat. The report listed the controlled substance as the painkiller Endocet.

Cecil said the singer failed a field sobriety test.

Montgomery was arrested early Thursday after being pulled over at an intersection in the south end of town. He was released from custody several hours later, jail spokesman Darin Kelly said.

Woodall said Montgomery has a prescription for the painkiller and permits for the guns, but didn't have the permits with him Thursday morning.

The singer's publicist, Erin Morris of Morris Public Relations in Nashville, Tenn., said Montgomery had no immediate comment.

Montgomery, a Kentucky native, had several No. 1 hits in the 1990s including "I Love the Way You Love Me," "I Swear" and "Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)."

02/16/06 16:08 EST

I see a great country song in all this somewhere.