PDA

View Full Version : Best Non-Premium Seats?

Jpup
02-18-2006, 01:00 PM
I've been to several games @ GABP and I always sit in club seats, whether it be down the first base line or in the lower club behind home plate. I was thinking about buying some tickets in other areas. I was wondering if the seats in the infield terrace were any good? How far back is too far? I've walked down there a couple of times, but never have sat there during the game.

What are the best non-premium seats? I've also had a lot of luck, in the past, buying premium seats a couple days before the game I want to go to. Any opinions would be great.

BTW, If anyone has any opening day tickets(2, 3, or 4) for a reasonable price, I would be glad to work out a deal. I haven't had the chance to go to opening day. I refuse to go the ebay route and pay over $100 per ticket for $18 seats.

Joseph
02-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Infield Terrace is where I sit most always. Good seats, and really there is no such thing there as too far back. I've sat in row OO [with good ol' Doc Kremchek, but that's another story and no I don't know him] and I've sat all the way down in lower rows and it's all pretty good.

KittyDuran
02-18-2006, 08:40 PM
I think the best seats for the money and close to the action would be the Moon/Sun Deck in right field. Even tho' it's far away from home plate you still feel close to the action (especially when Dunn hits his HRs).

creek14
02-19-2006, 07:26 AM
Jpup - I have watched games from every section except the bleachers. My personal favorite (for non premium seats) are Sec's 420 - 426ish. You are right behind home, so you have a nice view of the entire field (and don't get a distorted read of the ball off a bat). You don't really feel that high or away from the action.

I really hate the lower deck down the lines when they start turning the seats towards home. It really cuts down on the leg room (and being 6'2", that's a biggie for me) and I just feel like I am all twisted in the seat.

Of course, all things considered, I'd take the Diamonds. :cool:

Jpup
02-19-2006, 08:27 AM
thanks guys. :thumbup: