PDA

View Full Version : Johns Allen works hard???

cReds1
02-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Castellini is pleased with what new general manager Wayne Krivsky has done in Krivsky's short tenure. "I think Wayne has done a good job," Castellini said. "He works as hard as John Allen. He's always got his antenna up."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060221/SPT04/602210381/1071

I just wanted to see what some of your comments are since I am not around alot.

MartyFan
02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
aOn the business side of baseball, I am sure Allen is fine...on the baseball side of stuff...leave it to "Special-K"

Reds4Life
02-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I have no doubt that John Allen is very good at his job, which is crunching numbers and running operations..........................just not baseball operations.

RFS62
02-21-2006, 06:56 PM
I have no doubt that John Allen is very good at his job, which is crunching numbers and running operations..........................just not baseball operations.

The fact that Allen worked hard before WAS the problem. It was his job description that he worked so hard at that caused all the trouble.

PressBox
02-21-2006, 07:37 PM
The fact that Allen worked hard before WAS the problem. It was his job description that he worked so hard at that caused all the trouble.

Ah, I can think of a cliche to fit this situation perfectly:
"Hopefully now he can work smarter and not harder..."

REDREAD
02-23-2006, 10:26 AM
I think Kriv should be insulted. I would be insulted if I was told I was similiar to John Allen.

Yeah, Allen has worked really hard to destroy the franchise since 1997 and sign horrible media deals. For someone at Allen's level, working hard is not good enough, competence is also needed.

princeton
02-23-2006, 10:28 AM
"I don't believe that John's lips have been off my butt once since the purchase was announced" added the new owner

M2
02-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Johns Allen works hard???

Satan never sleeps.

KronoRed
02-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Now now..Allen isn't that bad...we hope ;)

savafan
02-23-2006, 12:43 PM
I think Kriv should be insulted. I would be insulted if I was told I was similiar to John Allen.

Yeah, Allen has worked really hard to destroy the franchise since 1997 and sign horrible media deals. For someone at Allen's level, working hard is not good enough, competence is also needed.

We don't know how much influence Carl Lindner played into the media deals.

Northern Red
02-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Looking both important and busy is a 24/7 operation when trying to prove your worth to a new owner who pulls no punches. :laugh:

SunDeck
02-23-2006, 01:24 PM
I am not sure John Allen's work ethic has ever been the problem. Rather, the guy was just in the wrong job. Possibly, he had too much pride to admit it, but the fact remains that he just wasn't a baseball guy. One can work awful hard at the wrong things pretty easily, to which about half my own working life can attest. Allen just got Peter principled.

rdiersin
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
As Art said about Clark in Christmas vacation,
"So do washing machines"

REDREAD
02-24-2006, 09:41 AM
We don't know how much influence Carl Lindner played into the media deals.

Seeing how "hands off" Lindner was, I doubt he played any influence.
IIRC, Allen took credit for the deals. I remember Allen getting real defensive at Redsfest when Richard suggested that he need some help on negotiating media deals in the future (Which was true, and funny :laugh: )

REDREAD
02-24-2006, 09:42 AM
"I don't believe that John's lips have been off my butt once since the purchase was announced" added the new owner

Satan never sleeps.

:laugh: