PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question regarding left side of the infield...

Benihana
02-23-2006, 11:21 AM
With the talk of Eddie E's potential emergence this year coupled with continued success from Felipe Lopez, I had mentioned that the Reds have the potential to have the best young left side of the infield in the game. Then I was looking at BA's top 100 prospect list, and an interesting question formulated in my mind. The Diamondbacks have two of the top 5 prospects in the game according to the list, granted one of them has yet to don a professional uniform.

So my question is this, considering all variables including age, salary, potential, and past performance, would you rather have (in your organization), if your a developing team like the Reds, Felipe Lopez and Edwin Encarnacion or Justin Upton and Stephen Drew? Given neither combonation quite has the makings of Jeter and A-Rod, it still poses an interesting question.

As for my answer, although I drool at the thought of having that much potential talent in my system, I go for the bird in hand and take Felipe and Eddie E if I'm the Reds (with FeLo being the bird in hand due to his ML success.) Your thoughts?

Jpup
02-23-2006, 11:29 AM
With the talk of Eddie E's potential emergence this year coupled with continued success from Felipe Lopez, I had mentioned that the Reds have the potential to have the best young left side of the infield in the game. Then I was looking at BA's top 100 prospect list, and an interesting question formulated in my mind. The Diamondbacks have two of the top 5 prospects in the game according to the list, granted one of them has yet to don a professional uniform.

So my question is this, considering all variables including age, salary, potential, and past performance, would you rather have (in your organization), if your a developing team like the Reds, Felipe Lopez and Edwin Encarnacion or Justin Upton and Stephen Drew? Given neither combonation quite has the makings of Jeter and A-Rod, it still poses an interesting question.

As for my answer, although I drool at the thought of having that much potential talent in my system, I go for the bird in hand and take Felipe and Eddie E if I'm the Reds (with FeLo being the bird in hand due to his ML success.) Your thoughts?

ask me in 5 years. :beerme:

KronoRed
02-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Me in 10 ;)

I'll take what we have now because they have proved something at least

RedsManRick
02-23-2006, 11:36 AM
David Wright and Jose Reyes aren't part of the discussion?