PDA

View Full Version : Printer Problem

GAC
02-23-2006, 07:08 PM
My brother's printer, which is a Dell, for some reason will not print out pages off the internet. It prints fine on everything else; but when I do a print preview, the page is blank. And when I actually try to print the page, it too is blank. I've been trying to print out invoices and receipts from transactions that I ave done on the 'net. I've never had a problem before when using my computer at home.

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to able/disable?

Thanks

IslandRed
02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Does he have a firewall, e.g. ZoneAlarm, that's blocking Internet access when the printer tries to grab web content?

Matt700wlw
02-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Kick it a few times, throw it against the wall....sometimes that works

:D

Nugget
02-23-2006, 07:40 PM
If when you print out the page it is totally blank (ie no footer as to page etc) then it is probably a firewall issue.

If your page has some footers or headers (ie page number, internet location) then its a printer page setup in the internet browser.

If you really want to print it out but aren't too fussed you can group the page and paste it into one of the other programs like word or paintbrush and then print from there.

Hey sorry to hear about what happened and all the best from downunder (as long as everything is all right by Opening Day things won't look so bad) :)

Yachtzee
02-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Have you tried this?

Spring~Fields
02-23-2006, 11:49 PM
did you highlight the part you wanted to print.

TeamBoone
02-24-2006, 12:10 AM
I have a printer problem too... it goes through the motions but spits out blank pages (from the internet and personal documents).

Nugget
02-24-2006, 12:19 AM
That problem could be to do with a memory problem in the printer. If you have a windows computer the easiest way to check is to see if it will print a single page of a word document - They are usually the smallest documents to print. If it still can't print that and you don't receive an error message then you may have to reinstall the driver and the printer itself from the windows control panel.

Some printers also have a self diagnostic tool - HPs do and I think Lexmarks do as well but can't be sure.

Spring~Fields
02-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Some sites I cannot print from so I assumed that the source code was written on that particular site so it could not be printed, like when they write the source code so one cannot right click and copy n past from their site, though I am not sure.

gonelong
02-24-2006, 01:44 AM
If you can print from Word, copy and paste the site into Word and print it.

Not always elegant, but effective.

GL

GAC
02-24-2006, 03:16 AM
That's what I did last night - copy/paste content over to Wordpad and printed. It worked fine.

My sister-in-law said she has never been able to do it, and that it has been a hassle because she, at times, wanted to print pictures, articles, etc., for kid's homework, and various exercises.

They have NetZero HS dial-up and McAfee's Security Center. I disabled the firewall, but still no go.