Ken Griffey Jr., CF
Austin Kearns, RF
Rich Aurilia, 3B
Wily Mo Pena, LF
Jason LaRue, C
Frank Menechino, 2B
Ray Olmedo, SS
Brandon Claussen, P

Bench: DeWayne Wise, Anderson Machado, Ryan Hanigan, Aaron Holbert, Miguel Perez, Earl Snyder
Bullpen: David Weathers, Bubba Nelson

Home, managed by Bucky F. Dent (as it says on the lineup card)
Ryan Freel, CF
Tony Womack, 2B
Felipe Lopez, SS
Adam Dunn, 1B
Edwin Encarnacion, 3B
Javier Valentin, C
Tuffy Rhodes, LF
Jacob Cruz, DH
Chris Denorfia, RF
Luke Hudson, P

Bench: Andy Abad, Joey Votto, Derek Wathan, Aaron Herr, Dane Sardinha, Steve Torrealba
Bullpen: Rick White, Jimmy Journell, Phil Dumatrait

They're only going 4 or 5 innings today.

Chip R
03-01-2006, 11:38 AM
If the game lasts 9 innings, I'd say 20. Less than 9, I'd say 15.

Raisor
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't care if it's early, seeing Womack in one of the top two slots does not fill my heart with joy.

Heath
03-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I just called my bookie - I put all of it on the Reds.

I also think it's a crying shame that Andy Abad doesn't get the nod to start. The nerve of Narron.

Chip R
03-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't care if it's early, seeing Womack in one of the top two slots does not fill my heart with joy.

Scrooge.

Heath
03-01-2006, 11:50 AM
dumb questions - who's home or away? Is it shirts and skins?

WMR
03-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Projected Outfield starters on one team with the Projected Infield Starters on the other??? (Encarnacion??) I HOPE!!

M2
03-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Projected Outfield starters on one team with the Projected Infield Starters on the other??? (Encarnacion??) I HOPE!!

That was my take too (the OF team got the starting catcher too). Good news on the Edwin Encarnacion front. Bad news on the Tony Womack front.

WMR
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
LOL yep hopefully the Womack experiment will quickly go the way of the Dodo.

MrCinatit
03-01-2006, 12:22 PM
That was my take too (the OF team got the starting catcher too). Good news on the Edwin Encarnacion front. Bad news on the Tony Womack front.

Tony has a front? what's that person's name?

puca
03-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I believe in Krivsky. He will save us from TWoe.

Dunner44
03-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Its only 5 innings... at least thats what they say....

Danny Serafini
03-01-2006, 01:29 PM
First update is posted:

SARASOTA -- Got my Subway in hand ("You going to the electric chair?" Marty asked) and it's 73 degrees at game time.

Top of the first: Hudson pitching. Goes to three-ball counts on the first two hitters. McCracken flies out to right, Hatteberg to center. Junior reaches on a bloop single to left. I have no idea what happened next. With two strikes, Hudson drilled Kearns in the left arm with a pitch...and then everyone walked off the field. We think they called it a strikeout, but no one's sure. Whatever.

Bottom of the first: Claussen on the mound. Freel strikes out swinging, Womack pops to third and Felipe grounds out to third.

medford
03-01-2006, 01:29 PM
edit: yeah what he said :)

M2
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Man, the last thing Kearns needs is to get drilled in his first ST at bat.

KronoRed
03-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Kearns got beaned?

CHARGE THE MOUND YOU PANSIES!! ;)

Chip R
03-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Hudson's in mid-season form, I see.

savafan
03-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Hudson's in mid-season form, I see.

After yesterday, and now this, I'd say we're ready to compete. :p:

Danny Serafini
03-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Second inning in the books...

SARASOTA -- Well, at least it's moving today. Still not sure how many innings we've got, but I think it's four.

Top of the second: David Weathers pitching, and he's wearing the wrong color pants -- gray instead of white. I guess he's earned that right. Aurilia flies out to center and Wily Mo walks (really). LaRue singles to center, moving Wily Mo to second. Menechino follows with a double to right-center, scoring Pena. Olmedo goes down looking on an inside fastball. McCracken takes strike three to end the inning, but it's 1-0 for Nappy's men.

Bottom of the second: Kearns is out of the game, with DeWayne Wise going to right. Claussen still pitching. Dunn leads off with a line-drive homer to right-center on a 3-1 pitch, tying the game. Edwin follows with a solid single to left and Valentin fouls out to first on a nice play by Hatteberg. Edwin steals second, sort of -- bad pickoff throw. As Tuffy walks, Edwin is gunned down rather easily trying to steal third. Cruz singles to right, but the inning promptly comes to an end. Guess Claussen had thrown enough pitches. The game is tied 1-1.

Northern Red
03-01-2006, 01:50 PM
You guys are killing me! :D

KronoRed
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
"Kearns is out of the game"

:help:

TeamBoone
03-01-2006, 02:25 PM
NM... posted in the wrong thread.

registerthis
03-01-2006, 02:34 PM
It'd be funny if regular season games functioned like this:

"Bottom of the second, Lopez on 1st with Dunn at the plate and 1 out....here's the pitch, and Dunn takes it high for a ball, and...well, I guess Wood just reached his pitch count for the inning, because the Reds are headed back to the dugout. Are we playing 5 or 6 innings today? I'm not sure..."

JinAZ
03-01-2006, 02:36 PM
...hope Kearns is ok. Not super happy that he was removed from the game after the hbp. But it's just intrasquad, so hopefully no worries. -jinaz

BRM
03-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I don't know if anyone even cares but here is the rest of the game. From Marc's blog:

Top of the third: Rick White now pitching. Hatteberg flies to left and Griffey strikes out looking. Wise, in his first at-bat of the day, grounds sharply to Womack at second he loses it and Wise is safe. Vassallo awards Wise a hit. Wise is thrown out stealing to end the inning with Aurilia at the plate.

Bottom of the the third: OK, Claussen's still in there for some reason. At least it goes quickly. Denorfia grounds to short, Freel flies to center and Womack pops to second. Score still tied 1-1.

Top of the fourth: Bubba Nelson strides to the hill. Aurilia flies to right. Wily Mo walks again. LaRue walks. Menechino takes strike three. Olmedo singles to center, but Wily Mo gets thrown out at home. I think it was Denorfia-to-Valentin, but I don't know when Denorfia moved to center.

Bottom of the fourth: Phil Dumatrait on the mound. Felipe grounds one hard off the pitcher's right leg and it ricochets to Aurilia, who throws him out. Looks like Dumatrait's OK. Dunn follows with a swinging strikeout. Edwin walks and Javy grounds into a fielder's choice to end the inning. Still 1-1.

Top of the fifth: Jimmy Journell now hurling. McCracken grounds to second. Hatteberg singles to center. Junior doubles to right-center, driving in Hatteberg. Wise doubles to center, driving in Junior with ease. Aurilia swings at strike three as Wise is thrown out stealing third. That's it, 3-1 Napoleon Dynamites.

KronoRed
03-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Womack commits an error and pops to 2nd.

We're gonna hear that a lot this year ;)

BRM
03-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Womack commits an error and pops to 2nd.

We're gonna hear that a lot this year ;)

Hopefully not...

lollipopcurve
03-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Wily Mo with 2 BBs. He's got it in him to learn, I think.

Chip R
03-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Top of the fifth: Jimmy Journell now hurling. McCracken grounds to second. Hatteberg singles to center. Junior doubles to right-center, driving in Hatteberg. Wise doubles to center, driving in Junior with ease. Aurilia swings at strike three as Wise is thrown out stealing third. That's it, 3-1 Napoleon Dynamites.

Sweet!

Northern Red
03-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Dunner's on pace unofficially for 50 HR's and 50 K's this spring...

membengal
03-01-2006, 04:46 PM
And Pena is on pace for 100 walks but being thrown out at home 50 times...

Chip R
03-01-2006, 04:47 PM
If yesterday and today are any indications, Jerry's going to have these guys attempting a lot of steals.

HalMorrisRules
03-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Home, managed by Bucky F. Dent (as it says on the lineup card)

When I read that in Marc's blog this morning I wondered if the middle initial meant what I thought it did. From baseball-reference.com:

Bucky Dent
Russell Earl Dent
born Russell Earl O'Dey

Yep, thats what it really means.

KronoRed
03-01-2006, 05:02 PM
If yesterday and today are any indications, Jerry's going to have these guys attempting a lot of steals.
That's small ball. ;)

BRM
03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
That's small ball. ;)

I didn't see any sac bunts. ;)

klw
03-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Wily Mo- he's a scrappy run producer.

reds44
03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Good start for EE today!!!
Hope AK is ok.