PDA

View Full Version : Gathering Weekend - June 9 - 11 vs the Cubs

creek14
03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
It was a tight race, but the June 9 - 11 series vs the Cubs is the winner.

In the past we have gotten together before and after the Friday and Saturday games. But we'll pull all that together after we get tickets.

So now I need to know who all wants tickets and for which games. Please PM me, post here, or both, with the following information.

Number of tickets for the June 9 game.

Number of tickets for the June 10 game.

If you want to try for the June 11 game too, and if so, how many tickets.

Then we'll decide on seat location. But I think it's going to be more of where we can find seats together vs us picking where we want to sit.

Last season I had a few people who said they *might* come, then didn't and I was stuck with some tickets. This year I'll need firm decisions and money before I buy the tickets.

Please respond NLT Mar 9.

Thanks.

creek14
03-03-2006, 12:25 PM
bump

Chip R
03-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I was hoping it would be the following weekend since I have a thing on Saturday that is going to last most of the day but that weekend may work out better for me than the following one in regards to planning vacation.

Let me have one for Friday and one for Saturday, creek.

GIK
03-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Would it be easier to pick just one game to get more people committed? I know there is no way I can make the Friday game having to travel from the Detroit area. I'd think the 6/10 game would be better attended, but I'm not running the show, just thinking aloud...

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Something I voted for won..I'm in shock ;)

Red Leader
03-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Something I voted for won..I'm in shock ;)

So's this guy:

http://www.nndb.com/people/437/000022371/lloyd-bentson.jpg

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 01:27 PM
I have no idea who that is.

Yachtzee
03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
I have no idea who that is.

He knew Jack Kennedy. You're no Jack Kennedy. ;)

Redsland
03-03-2006, 04:08 PM
I'll take one for Friday and another for Saturday.

:thumbup:

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 04:16 PM
He knew Jack Kennedy. You're no Jack Kennedy. ;)
I guess it pays to read the signature :help:

pahster
03-04-2006, 03:35 PM
The GF and I will be in for the games on the 8th and 9th.

Tommyjohn25
03-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Will there be another gathering this season after this one? This one is going to be on the one and only weekend that I'll be out of town. :(

creek14
03-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Will there be another gathering this season after this one? This one is going to be on the one and only weekend that I'll be out of town. :(
Well with two days to go for responses it appears that there won't be one at all.

Roy Tucker
03-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Put me down for a ticket for Friday the 9th.

I have no idea if I'll be able to go, but if I buy a ticket, then I'll have some motivation to squeeze out some time for this.

My son is a HS senior and is graduating this spring. We have a bazillion weekend graduation parties to go to through about mid-May and all through June. But I figure most of them are Sat./Sun. so a Friday game I have a slim chance to make.

RosieRed
03-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I don't know yet for sure if I have those days off work. But I'd like to go to at least one of the games.

I suppose I could always buy tickets later, if they're being purchased before I know which game I can attend.

WMR
03-09-2006, 01:22 AM
im in a wheelchair can they acomadate me at the ball park?

Yachtzee
03-09-2006, 11:37 AM
If there's a gathering, you can count me in for 3 tickets for the Saturday game.

vaticanplum
03-09-2006, 11:44 AM
im in a wheelchair can they acomadate me at the ball park?

from reds.mlb.com:

"DISABLED ACCESS
The Reds are committed to providing every Guest with a comfortable and enjoyable experience at the ballpark. Great American Ball Park is a fully accessible ballpark for all Guests.

Handicap parking is available in the Great American Ball Park Parking Garage and in the East Parking Garage located off Pete Rose Way. While the number of handicap parking spaces is more than adequate, Guests are still encouraged to arrive at the time gates open to improve their chances of obtaining a handicap parking space.

The disabled pickup/dropoff zone is located on Main Street, from Second Street to Mehring Way, along the west side of Great American Ball Park. Cars, vans and small buses displaying a valid handicap placard or valid handicap license plate will be permitted to enter the pickup/drop-off zone beginning one half (1/2) hour before gates open to approximately one (1) hour after the conclusion of the game. Large school buses and large charter/tour buses are prohibited from entering this zone. Guests traveling to the ballpark in a large school bus or large charter/tour bus should contact the Group Sales department at (513) 765-7600 for information on bus pickup and drop-off locations.

Great American Ball Park has handicap seating available throughout all seating areas. Handicap seating areas are equipped with electrical outlets for recharging purposes at no cost to the Guest."

Might not be a bad idea to call ahead to speak to the ballpark about exactly where you should purchase tickets..."handicap seating available throughout all seating areas" is good to know but sounds kind of vague to me.

GAC
03-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Put me down for a ticket for the Friday game.

creek14
03-10-2006, 12:59 AM
I'll get back to this on Saturday.

I do have to say, I am wondering where the 22 people who voted for this weekend are now?

Super_Barry11
03-10-2006, 01:17 AM
I really wish I could commit to this, but I can't say for sure if I'll be there or not. This summer is completely up in the air, depending on graduation events and where I end up for grad school next year. I'd love to see everyone though!! I'll do my best to be there. :)

KronoRed
03-10-2006, 02:13 AM
I do have to say, I am wondering where the 22 people who voted for this weekend are now?
Broke and unable to commit to buying a ticket now, but I'll be there..I have Redslands foolproof plan on sneaking in ;)

Ron Madden
03-10-2006, 04:52 AM

I'm Sorry. I voted but I'm never to sure when I can take off from work. Should have thought about that and the problems it may have caused.

GIK
03-10-2006, 08:35 AM
I'd probably be in for Saturday, but it looks like most will be at the Friday game (which I cannot make).

OldRightHander
03-11-2006, 09:52 AM
At the moment, it's looking like the Saturday game would be the best for me.

Joseph
03-11-2006, 12:30 PM
The wife and I talked it over and as we're up the following weekend for the Sox series there's no way we can make this one as well.

Try to have fun without me folks.

GAC
03-12-2006, 05:21 AM

creek - I want a total of three tickets for the Friday game. I decided I'm going to bring two of my kids down with me (Rachel and Samuel). You're bringing little creek aren't you?

Yesterday, Rachel told me she was a Cub fan, and her favorite player is Corey Patterson. Is he still a Cub?

I don't know what I am going to do with this girl. I'm an OSU fan - and she's a Michigan fan. I'm a Reds fan (who hates the Cubs), and guess what? I'm blaming it on her mother because she wasn't breast-fed as a baby. At least that is my story, and I'm sticking with it. :lol:

redsmetz
03-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Yesterday, Rachel told me she was a Cub fan, and her favorite player is Corey Patterson. Is he still a Cub?

He was traded to the O's during the off season.

GAC
03-12-2006, 07:57 AM
He was traded to the O's during the off season.

I'll make sure to let my daughter know this. ;)

wheels
03-15-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm gonna be at the saturday game.

Lemme know how to get the hook up.

Chip R
03-15-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm gonna be at the saturday game.

Lemme know how to get the hook up.

You sure you want to come on Saturday? I heard Tom Lawless Fan was coming on Saturday too and I know you two don't get along.

creek14
03-16-2006, 03:52 AM
My spreadsheet with who wants what is at work, so I'll pull this all together this weekend.

wheels
03-16-2006, 04:01 PM
You sure you want to come on Saturday? I heard Tom Lawless Fan was coming on Saturday too and I know you two don't get along.

Tom Lawless Fan probably won't show until I'm properly drunk.

wheels
03-16-2006, 04:03 PM
I'll just need two tickets.

If my gf doesn't wanna go (she probably won't), I can hook some zoner up that lives in Columbus.

GAC
03-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Broke and unable to commit to buying a ticket now, but I'll be there..I have Redslands foolproof plan on sneaking in ;)

What is it Brokeback Night at the ballpark? :lol:

jesusfan
05-01-2006, 09:36 PM
I have 2 tickets... section 119 X, seats together... Great seats.... Does anyone want these... if so, PM me and give me an offer....

wally post
05-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Hey Creek - I PMed you about two or three weeks ago about geting a ticket for me for June tenth - but it is ALL upin the air, so if you haven't done it, then leave it be. If you have, let me know and I'll reimburse you. (I never heard back from you , so perhaps you never got the message...)
Anyway - if I end up able to be in town, I'll maybe catch the after-game hang..,

Unassisted
05-09-2006, 12:21 AM
I'll be there..I have Redslands foolproof plan on sneaking in ;)

http://www.anniescostumes.com/mus169.jpg

KronoRed
05-09-2006, 02:20 AM
Dang it! now I'll need a new plan :rant:

;)

bucksfan
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
As usual, my annual trip does not coincide with this illustious event. I hope you all have fun. Hopefully some of you will stick around for the next weekend vs the White Sox.

We are coming down Saturday June 17 bright and early for the Saturday evening game vs the reigning world champs.

creek14
05-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry that I have dropped the ball (hey just like Adam in left...) with this. Work has been a pain in the backside and it turns out I am going to be out of town more than in the next 6 - 8 weeks.

I don't have time to get the tickets and send them out for this. If there is anyone else who can come in and close for me, please let me know. I have a list of who wants to go (most are listed in this thread, I have some PM's and emails too), so if you can do it, I'll send you all the names.

I am really sorry about this.

wheels
05-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Don't worry about it, Sugar.

This is Redszone we're talking about.

wally post
05-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey folks - I WILL be in Cincy on the evening of the 11th. It is very doubtful I can get to the game, but I am staying at the radisson on the river in KY that night - so... Where's the hang after the game??? I might be able to make that!

Chip R
06-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey folks - I WILL be in Cincy on the evening of the 11th. It is very doubtful I can get to the game, but I am staying at the radisson on the river in KY that night - so... Where's the hang after the game??? I might be able to make that!

You are coming in on Sunday, Wally?

wally post
06-01-2006, 08:01 PM
You are coming in on Sunday, Wally?

yeah - I arrive that day - it is my sister's birthdday. I've got a LOT of family stuff to attend to - so I won't be going to the game, but I could meet after the game - or near the end -

like around 10pm -ish. It is probably inconvenient for you guys... but wanted to throw it out there - could be fun and I decided to stay downtown at that round hotel on the river in KY (always stay somewhere different every time)

Chip R
06-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I dunno, Wally. Whoever is going to still be around on Sunday and is going to the game are probably going to go home afterwards since it will be an afternoon game.

GAC
06-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Sorry for the late notice, but I will be unable to attend the "gathering" this year.

My oldest boy (Aaron) is scheduled for surgery this next Wednesday (the 7th). He is having achilles tendon lengthening surgery (right leg first), and will be laid up all summer.

And the gathering is just too soon after his surgery, so I don't feel comfortable leaving him. He has never had any type of surgery before, and is really showing some fear and apprehension; but this surgery is a necessity.

So have a good time all.

But I would like to see about getting tix, if anyone is interested and if they still can be gotten, to the Indians visit to GAB at the beginning of July.

If anyone is interested - give me a holler! I'm on vacation the following week.

wally post
06-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I dunno, Wally. Whoever is going to still be around on Sunday and is going to the game are probably going to go home afterwards since it will be an afternoon game.

DUH!!! thanks Chip! I'm an idiot (thought the game was a night game)
thanks!

OldRightHander
06-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I'd like to come on the Saturday game this year, but I can't remember which one I originally said I would make. Just as long as whoever is in charge will let me know how much money and who to give it to. See y'all next week.

KittyDuran
06-04-2006, 07:24 PM
<BUMP>Probably what should be done is to have a meeting place before or after the game. It's so hard to put one of these things together (just ask Creek)...to get tickets, especially beforehand.

WLW is having a Reds Rally at the Levee two Saturdays (June 11 vs the Cubs and June 18 vs the White Sox) from 3-5pm. You can park at the Levee IIRC for $2. The website does not say if it is in the Levee or on the outside terrace. Of course, there are other bars closer to the ballpark - Gameday and the In Between Tavern are two. For after the game, have not heard if there will be Extra Innings at Gameday as it was last year. Another option is to get to the Machine Room early (it's open 3 hours before gametime) and score a table outside.

Just throwing out some ideas.

I will be there for the Friday and Saturday games (both weekends). This Friday is part of the power pack ticket package.

OldRightHander
06-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, I will be coming on Saturday. Would it be correct to assume that we're just getting tickets the day of the game then? I am also assuming that we'll be discussing meeting places further throughout the week.

KittyDuran
06-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Well, I will be coming on Saturday. Would it be correct to assume that we're just getting tickets the day of the game then? I am also assuming that we'll be discussing meeting places further throughout the week.I guess so...:dunno: Since this is still stickied hopefully more people will respond. And it looks like Saturday might be the best day... we'll see.

Super_Barry11
06-05-2006, 12:45 AM
WLW is having a Reds Rally at the Levee two Saturdays (June 11 vs the Cubs and June 18 vs the White Sox) from 3-5pm. You can park at the Levee IIRC for $2. The website does not say if it is in the Levee or on the outside terrace. Of course, there are other bars closer to the ballpark - Gameday and the In Between Tavern are two. For after the game, have not heard if there will be Extra Innings at Gameday as it was last year. Another option is to get to the Machine Room early (it's open 3 hours before gametime) and score a table outside.

Hey, I'm there if Tracy Jones is there... ;)

But seriously, I can't go Friday since the softball team I'm coaching has a doubleheader, but I may be able to be there on Saturday. :)

Chip R
06-07-2006, 12:30 AM
OK, it is roll call time for Zoners who have NOT bought tickets for Fri or Sat and are going to come down to watch the games. I thought maybe we could just get pot luck before the game but with the Reds on a roll and the Chubs coming into town, I am guessing tickets may be scarce both nights. So, I am going to take it upon myself to pick up the baton that creek dropped and go down on Thursday and get tickets for Fri and Sat. So, who needs them and when are you coming down?

KittyDuran
06-07-2006, 08:14 AM
I already have a ticket for Friday... What seats are you getting for Saturday?

TeamBoone
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
We didn't sign up for tickets originally and still don't know which game we'll be attending; therefore, except for the last page, I haven't read this thread. So if the answer to my following question has already been posted, I apologize in advance.

Has a pre-game watering hole been identified for each game yet? If yes, could someone please re-post them?

thank you.

Chip R
06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Has a pre-game watering hole been identified for each game yet? If yes, could someone please re-post them?

thank you.

Gameday worked out pretty well last year so let's go for that unless there are any strong objections.

Kitty, I haven't decided what seats to get for Saturday yet. If there is enough responses for both days, which there hasn't been yet, I will go down tomorrow afternoon and see what is available. I won't make the game on Saturday but will be around after the game.

TeamBoone
06-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Chip, just a suggestion, but perhaps you should sticky a new thread about Redszone Gathering tickets.

I think some people may have quit reading this thread.

KittyDuran
06-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Gameday worked out pretty well last year so let's go for that unless there are any strong objections.Wasn't Gameday post-game? Was there any pre-game?:confused:

KronoRed
06-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Wasn't Gameday post-game? Was there any pre-game?:confused:
Yes, on the Friday game at least

Chip R
06-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Chip, just a suggestion, but perhaps you should sticky a new thread about Redszone Gathering tickets.

I think some people may have quit reading this thread.

You may be right, TB.

Kitty, last year we started and ended up at GameDay. At least on Friday. I was not there on Saturday before the game but afterwards was the infamous RedsZone Takes Over Extra Innings at Gameday. :D

KittyDuran
06-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Gameday worked out pretty well last year so let's go for that unless there are any strong objections.Is this still a go?

Redsland
06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey, all. Long lost poster checking in.

Right now this looks like The Chip and Kitty Show.

Anyone else going?

KittyDuran
06-09-2006, 03:51 PM

Anyone else going?Yeah, me and Chip have to stop meeting all the time...;)

KronoRed
06-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, me and Chip have to stop meeting all the time...;)
People will start talking..oh wait :evil:

KittyDuran
06-09-2006, 04:00 PM

Anyone else going?Are you going? :)

Chip R
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Is this still a go?

I shall be there ASAP after work.

zombie-a-go-go
06-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Wow, this really didn't work out as well as it did last year, huh?

I blame myself. If I would have been attending, the faithful would've turned out in droves.

Sorry, guys. My bad. :cool:

KronoRed
06-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Yep..blame Zombie..it works.

zombie-a-go-go
06-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Yep..blame Zombie..it works.

In my house, it's practically tradition. :D

Johnny Footstool
06-09-2006, 04:34 PM
I'll be there in spirit. Seriously. I plan to get so drunk this weekend that my soul actually leaves my body for a time. Hopefully, it will be able to catch a plane and make it to Cincinnati before the game.

Redsland
06-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Are you going? :)
Not this time, I'm afraid.

Well, I'm not afraid, afraid.

I'm just not going. I'm afraid.

KronoRed
06-09-2006, 04:36 PM
What are you afraid of? :D

Roy Tucker
06-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Sorry kids, family duty calls. Got a graduation party and a wedding this weekend. Plus all the ordinary madness.

However, I shall be at the GABP all weekend in spirit. In addition, I shall hoist a frosty beverage to my fellow RZ good friends and pals some time this weekend.

OldRightHander
06-09-2006, 09:35 PM
I will be there tomorrow. Where is everyone meeting before? Gameday again? Also of note, there is going to be some kind of fuss made about Nuxhall around 5:00 outside GABP which might be interesting to attend. I may be working most of the day tomorrow (without access to a computer) so a call to my cell phone by anyone willing to fill me in would be appreciated. My number is 513-478-6272. See y'all tomorrow.

TeamBoone
06-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I will be there tomorrow. Where is everyone meeting before? Gameday again? Also of note, there is going to be some kind of fuss made about Nuxhall around 5:00 outside GABP which might be interesting to attend. I may be working most of the day tomorrow (without access to a computer) so a call to my cell phone by anyone willing to fill me in would be appreciated. My number is 513-478-6272. See y'all tomorrow.

I believe he's going to be selling/signing his book.

OldRightHander
06-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, I'll stop in at Gameday beforehand. Maybe I'll catch someone there. If there are alternate plans, just call my cell. I'm heading out and won't be back home to check in here before I go.

KittyDuran
06-10-2006, 11:34 AM
It was just me and Chip last night...:( which lately is very deja vu!;)

Super_Barry11
06-10-2006, 02:08 PM
I'll be at the game tonight with a friend of mine from college... If there's going to be a gathering after the game, give my cell a call (assuming you're one of the lucky people that actually has my number, haha :p: ).

GAC
06-11-2006, 07:23 AM
It was just me and Chip last night...:( which lately is very deja vu!;)

If it was just you and Chip did you fall off the wagon then? :lol:

Would have loved to have come down. This is the first year I have missed, and they have always been a blast.

Maybe we should try to have another one later in the summer (after graduations and before schools start?)

KittyDuran
06-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Well, I didn't get into Gameday (did get to the parking lot, tho...) - it started pouring rain again and I was already soaked. So I went on home. Unfortunately, even with my poncho at the game I managed to get wet! :(

I will be at the games next weekend (White Sox) - maybe there can be a get together after the Saturday game?

OldRightHander
06-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Maybe we should try to have another one later in the summer (after graduations and before schools start?)

Good idea, since this one didn't exactly get off the ground that well.

Heath
06-13-2006, 05:14 PM

I vote for the $4 Bleacher night on Wednesday, July 19 against the Mets. Just because I know I'm going that night :D

bucksfan
06-13-2006, 06:28 PM
I will be at Saturday's game with 2 friends. We hope to roll into town about noon and are staying at the Westin.

OldRightHander
06-13-2006, 06:33 PM
I will be at Saturday's game with 2 friends. We hope to roll into town about noon and are staying at the Westin.

I'm not sure if I will be free to go, but if I make it down, I might catch you there. I usually just buy a $5.00 seat and sit wherever I please anyway.